Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Nope, he will never make it through the Republican primary election
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
I disagree, but time will tell. One encouraging thing is that polling is trending very well for Christie against other Republicans, and that the far right at this point just wants to get a Republican back in the White House.

We're a long way out. Some pundits are even saying that Mrs. Clinton will run on a 'repeal Obamacare' program because the baggage from Obamacare will be too big of a burden for her to overcome otherwise.

Posted on: 2014/1/8 2:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
some republicans would say christie is a sell-out

Yes, that's true. The same thing is said about Obama re: Gitmo, NSA spying, random drone murders from the far left. The furthest from center will never be happy with those in the center.

The left, currently, is trying to play this up to position Christie as unsupportable in the primaries. Not surprising they want to derail his ascent, as they fear him the most among Republicans.

Monroe, I think you are right about Christie being the strongest Republican candidate but I also think you are severely underestimating the strength of the nutjob wing of the Republican party. Did you watch any of the Republican primaries last election?

There is still a sizable chunk of Republicans who think Romney lost because he was too moderate and the only solution is to elect a "true conservative." I think the others on here are right that once primary season comes, Christie very well may be taken down by his own party as not conservative enough.

Posted on: 2014/1/8 1:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Yes, that's true. The same thing is said about Obama re: Gitmo, NSA spying, random drone murders from the far left. The furthest from center will never be happy with those in the center.

The left, currently, is trying to play this up to position Christie as unsupportable in the primaries. Not surprising they want to derail his ascent, as they fear him the most among Republicans.

Posted on: 2014/1/8 0:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/8 0:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
lol, still dodging. You find fat people disgusting? That's cruel. Do your friends and family know how you feel about that? Have any fat co-workers?

Christie has already said he doesn't give a rats ass about shallow people who would mock him and others over their appearance; quite rightly, it's not worth a second of his time.

But today, we have another hugely (chuckle) positive Christie bi-partisan accomplishment-extending in-state tuition to illegal alien students.

A textbook, bi-partisan success for the Governor-while allowing illegal alien students to get in-state tuition, but (rightly) denying them free grant money for classes.

He got most of what he wanted, and Sweeney and the Democrats got most of what they wanted. This is another hands-across-the-aisle victory. Compromise for the greater good.

This is the type of leadership and common sense governance that is WOWING voters across the USA, made even more startling because it's been so absent on a national level.

Posted on: 2014/1/7 23:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, we're not arguing whether someone really fat won't face ridicule and questions about if his/her health would be an issue in a race. Certainly, in Christie's case, the drive-by media would be sure to jump all over it.

But you're opposition to his politics has led you to, quite illogically, to both a) slam him for being fat and b) denigrate his attempts to improve his health, as well as c) demonize him for his appearance in a very non-PC way.

So, please, go on record-do you find all fat people disgusting, or only ones you want to demonize because you don't agree with their politics?

Because that's really revealing about your character, not Christie's.

No. That is your projection and assumption. I've made no statements about anyone other than Governor Chris Christie.

At least now you'll finally admit that Christie's appearance is a problem for him in the general election. Too bad you believe his weight issue is driven by "the media."

The Politico (a right wing blog): Weight issue lingers amid Christie-2016 buzz (11/17/2013)
TheWeek.com: Notable left wing loon, Mitt Romney, made fun of Chris Christie's weight

Pebble, I don't feel it will be an issue by the time he decides to run. He's already toned up, and will likely continue over the next year before he declares.

In any case, you called him disgusting because he was fat. Do you reserve calling only some fat people disgusting, because they are white, male, Republican-or do you find fat people disgusting in general?

If it is a) then you're politically nasty, rude, and the same as what you imagine some to be. If it's b) then you're just plain nasty and rude, and also insensitive.

Do not confuse your own ideas with mine. You are the one that finds it necessary to declare anyone that is a Democrat "looney" (sic).

Ugly people exist. It's just a fact. Christie's weight certainly adds to that.

Why don't you ask your girlfriend? Ask her if she's thinks he's attractive. Ask her if that's the type of guy, looks wise, that she would date. Heck, do a random poll of women.

I'm certain there are people that will vote for him regardless. There will also be a lot that won't vote him specifically for that reason.

PS: I've been as polite to the governor as the governor has been to those that oppose him. If he can't take it, then maybe he shouldn't give it.

Posted on: 2014/1/7 23:12
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, we're not arguing whether someone really fat won't face ridicule and questions about if his/her health would be an issue in a race. Certainly, in Christie's case, the drive-by media would be sure to jump all over it.

But you're opposition to his politics has led you to, quite illogically, to both a) slam him for being fat and b) denigrate his attempts to improve his health, as well as c) demonize him for his appearance in a very non-PC way.

So, please, go on record-do you find all fat people disgusting, or only ones you want to demonize because you don't agree with their politics?

No. That is your projection and assumption. I've made no statements about anyone other than Governor Chris Christie.

At least now you'll finally admit that Christie's appearance is a problem for him in the general election. Too bad you believe his weight issue is driven by "the media."

The Politico (a right wing blog): Weight issue lingers amid Christie-2016 buzz (11/17/2013)
TheWeek.com: Notable left wing loon, Mitt Romney, made fun of Chris Christie's weight

Pebble, I don't feel it will be an issue by the time he decides to run. He's already toned up, and will likely continue over the next year before he declares.

In any case, you called him disgusting because he was fat. Do you reserve calling only some fat people disgusting, because they are white, male, Republican-or do you find fat people disgusting in general?

If it is a) then you're politically nasty, rude, and the same as what you imagine some to be. If it's b) then you're just plain nasty and rude, and also insensitive.

Posted on: 2014/1/7 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/7 18:34
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
The Ledbetter Fair Pay Act is a joke and not what people thought it was. It's already illegal to pay a woman less for doing the same job as a man. If anyone read the act, all it did was extend the statute of limitations indefinitely so a woman can sue a corporation 10 years later for something that may or may not have happened.

So anyone opposed to the act, for valid reasons, looked like they opposed equal pay for women. It's a farce, and was designed to do exactly what I just said. Politicians smartened up and named BS legislation like this for PR purposes.

Posted on: 2014/1/7 17:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
I think Obama has accomplished a fair amount (Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, ACA, withdrawal of troops from Iraq, Bin Laden, the economy improving, reducing the deficit) DESPITE Republican/Tea Party intransigence and them always trying to thwart initiatives. That said, I think there's room for improvement in this term. Moderate Republicans are tolerable but it feels like they don't hold any sway and that the GOP has been co-opted by the most extreme elements who are alienating and polarizing (Ted Cruz, Sarah Palin, Eric Cantor, this guy Luntz) http://gawker.com/poor-sad-republican ... oblems-and-als-1496269597

Posted on: 2014/1/7 17:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/7 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
I think Christie is much more likely to enjoy two burgers at the Landmark in Livingston.

I couldn't resist. Carry on...

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I think Christie is much more likely to enjoy a burger at the Landmark in Livingston than a Big Mac!

Maybe he'll even venture into Hudson County for one at New Park!

Posted on: 2014/1/7 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
And the linked article basically disproves your theory, because Christie has normal cardio levels, no diabetes, no sleep apnea, and his cholesterol numbers and blood pressure are normal.

So the things that generally shorten the life of someone obese aren't present, and his weight loss is coming along exactly to plan.

For the record, I think this article is stupid for a number of reasons: http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/Health-N ... alth/2013/02/06/id/489228

1. I don't think Christie would die in office.
2. This article was in Newsmax and just about anything in Newsmax is full of crap given their severe political bent.

I only posted it because it is Newsmax and I think that is all Monroe reads.

Posted on: 2014/1/7 16:45
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, what about your overweight friends-do you call them disgusting? Would you mock them for taking pro-active steps to take care of their disease?

Do you have any 'disgusting' family members?

None of my friends or family is running for public office. It matters little to none.

Christie will run for president. His weight is a hindrance. He knows and you know it.

Obama is a smoker, and a chronic marijuana smoker and a cocaine user (when he could afford it) when younger. Did his health problems bother you too?

But, again-you called his appearance disgusting. Do you feel that your overweight friends and family are disgusting as well, or do you save such vile terms for Republicans. Is Hilary's ass in those pantsuits 'disgusting' as well? :)

Are you incapable of seeing the obvious?

We live in the TV age. Many have stated that if Roosevelt had to debate on live TV and was wheeled out in a wheelchair, he would have lost. Many state that a large reason Kennedy won was due to his looks. Mike Huckabee was always fluctuating in weight until election time came and he started to lose it. Christie went out and had lap band surgery specifically for a presidential run. Mitt Romney was making fun of Christie's weight!

Again, why try and make this about me? Is it because you know I'm right?

Christie's image has nothing to do with his political affiliation. I am not you and therefore do not base everything on which side of the aisle someone sits.

Clinton's ass has nothing to do with Christie or his weight. I truly believe you are incapable of discussing one specific issue without bringing up someone from the opposite party.

Posted on: 2014/1/7 16:42
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I think Christie is much more likely to enjoy a burger at the Landmark in Livingston than a Big Mac!

Maybe he'll even venture into Hudson County for one at New Park!

Posted on: 2014/1/7 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
And the linked article basically disproves your theory, because Christie has normal cardio levels, no diabetes, no sleep apnea, and his cholesterol numbers and blood pressure are normal.

So the things that generally shorten the life of someone obese aren't present, and his weight loss is coming along exactly to plan.

Posted on: 2014/1/7 16:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Funny. Bush was an alcoholic by his own admission and had DUI's. Obama smoked some weed, tried coke and still smokes. Ironically, Christie will probably die first from his food addiction.

By his own admission, Bush never said he was an alcoholic. He had a DUI at age 30 near the family home in Maine and was arrested. (Unlike the Kennedy's, the Bush's are accountable for their actions). Obama was a chronic pot smoker (even listed his fellow potsmokers as fellow 'choomers', and had strict rules for passing joints in the car!), and used cocaine whenever he could afford to during his twenties.

But please share with us your medical proof that he will 'likely' die during his term if elected, especially given that he's mostly remedied the weight issue that you base your assumption on.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/1/7 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Funny. Bush was an alcoholic by his own admission and had DUI's. Obama smoked some weed, tried coke and still smokes. Ironically, Christie will probably die first from his food addiction.

By his own admission, Bush never said he was an alcoholic. He had a DUI at age 30 near the family home in Maine and was arrested. (Unlike the Kennedy's, the Bush's are accountable for their actions). Obama was a chronic pot smoker (even listed his fellow potsmokers as fellow 'choomers', and had strict rules for passing joints in the car!), and used cocaine whenever he could afford to during his twenties.

But please share with us your medical proof that he will 'likely' die during his term if elected, especially given that he's mostly remedied the weight issue that you base your assumption on.

Posted on: 2014/1/7 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/1/7 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
Maybe I was the only one, but when I first read the subject, I assumed it was about his health or some family skeletons. I think anyone voting for him will have to assume that there is a more than likely (higher than the expected death rate for men his age) possibility that he will die in office. A lot may depend on his running mate. Ask John McCain about this.

Really? Can you show some information about that?

A 'more than likely possibility' that he would die in office?

Are you joking?

First off, in a year he's lost about 65 lbs-a little over a pound a week. And it's the beginning of 2014. And to start with, minus a childhood problem with asthma, corrected by medication, he's generally quite fit.

But people like Pebble try to make this an issue of ability to govern, as well as strength of character and will.

Of course, those same people accept Obama being a lifetime smoker, as well as someone who was a chronic marijuana user and cocaine user during his formative years and beyond.

So don't fall into the typical Democrat 'use whatever you can to demonize someone', because it sounds like what many usually ascribe to Republicans!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/chris-chr ... dily-medical-report-says/

http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library ... ty/fact_consequences.html

Posted on: 2014/1/7 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
Maybe I was the only one, but when I first read the subject, I assumed it was about his health or some family skeletons. I think anyone voting for him will have to assume that there is a more than likely (higher than the expected death rate for men his age) possibility that he will die in office. A lot may depend on his running mate. Ask John McCain about this.

Really? Can you show some information about that?

A 'more than likely possibility' that he would die in office?

Are you joking?

First off, in a year he's lost about 65 lbs-a little over a pound a week. And it's the beginning of 2014. And to start with, minus a childhood problem with asthma, corrected by medication, he's generally quite fit.

But people like Pebble try to make this an issue of ability to govern, as well as strength of character and will.

Of course, those same people accept Obama being a lifetime smoker, as well as someone who was a chronic marijuana user and cocaine user during his formative years and beyond.

So don't fall into the typical Democrat 'use whatever you can to demonize someone', because it sounds like what many usually ascribe to Republicans!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/chris-chr ... dily-medical-report-says/

Posted on: 2014/1/7 15:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/1/7 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
This is an interesting discussion. Like Jerry Springer. Why did I start this thread?

Posted on: 2014/1/7 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, what about your overweight friends-do you call them disgusting? Would you mock them for taking pro-active steps to take care of their disease?

None of my friends or family is running for public office. It matters little to none.

Christie will run for president. His weight is a hindrance. He knows and you know it.

Obama is a smoker, and a chronic marijuana smoker and a cocaine user (when he could afford it) when younger. Did his health problems bother you too?

But, again-you called his appearance disgusting. Do you feel that your overweight friends and family are disgusting as well, or do you save such vile terms for Republicans. Is Hilary's ass in those pantsuits 'disgusting' as well? :)

Posted on: 2014/1/7 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/7 14:38
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/7 14:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Nice way to deflect with your straw man rebuttal ;) but you haven't provided a sound response to prove that isn't the democrats strategy, Pebble.

It's genius really. Make people dependent on government, permanently, and be known for such so they vote to keep it gojng. Why would any of those 47%ers (and soon to be 48, 49, 50....) vote republican ever again? That tide only moves in one direction: larger and larger.

Again, It really is genius, and I'm not being sarcastic about it. I'm only bummed the right didn't think of it first. But then again, they wouldn't be conservatives if they did.

And yes I know the difference between an op Ed and an article. That was posted on the run. Don't use subtle nuances as the core of your counter argument, for which I'm sure you have some elaborate novel. I'm not always at my desk waiting for the next response like some of you people on here.

The burden of proof is upon the one making the claim. You are the one claiming that Democrats want people poor, not I. The burden of proof is on you.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
And pebble, you lost a lot of credibility on here suggesting The Beacon isn't in a completely sh*tty neighborhood. Talk about Kool Aid drinking, Brooklyn bridge buying craziness! Whoooo!

Unlike you, I?ve actually walked around that area. I?ve been to Ed?s Salvage. I?ve walked through the closed up Montgomery projects. I?ve bought beer at Pastore.

You?? I?m guessing the closest you?ve come is a quick drive past.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebbles, better a clown nose than a dunce cap. First, what is a 'problem with minorities' exactly? The kind of problem like Obama has? Seen the unemployment numbers for minorities with Obama? Or the poverty level under Obama? Has he made any gains in his time as POTUS?

What does Obama have to do with any of this? I said that Republicans have a problem courting minorities. This isn?t a myth?

Christian Science Monitor: http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics ... vive-its-minority-problem
CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/18/politics/gop-minority-outreach/
National Journal: http://www.nationaljournal.com/column ... g-their-problems-20130606
BuzzFeed: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/ ... to-vote-for-them-will-fac
Newsmax: http://www.newsmax.com/ClarenceVMcKee ... port/2013/03/25/id/496238

Obama could become the worst president ever. He could go on a racist tirade against Hispanic and black populations. That doesn?t change the fact that they would rather vote D than R regardless of the candidate.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Fat people are 'disgusting'? Really? You pigeonhole people because of their appearance? Do you know obesity is considered a disease? Are mentally ill people disgusting to you? People with drug addictions? Do your fat friends know you think they are disgusting?

Good Strawman, but I didn?t say ?all fat people.? I named our governor.If you don?t think Christie?s physical appearance is unattractive and disgusting then you?re fooling yourself.

Ask your girlfriend if she finds Christie attractive. I know what plenty of females have said about him. The fact that every time he's on TV, there is always someone making a fat joke isn't something to gloss over.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
And medical attention isn't a good way to take care of a problem? Would you hold it against Obama if he used acupuncture to help him stop smoking? Hypnosis?? Can Mrs. Clinton, say, not use Botox or color her hair to make her more presentable? Or wear Spanx??

What does Clinton or Obama have to do with how Christie addressed his weight. He?s the one that went on TV and claimed that it wasn?t an issue for any political run and then turned around and had lap-band surgery. That?s called talking out of both sides of his mouth. It is also an acknowledgment of how his weight is a hindrance.

Yes, I do hold how he went about weight loss against him. There are people that work hard to achieve results, long lasting results, and there are others that take short cuts that often times result in backsliding.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Massive war chest? This isn't the days of Frank Hague and the Democratic machine (although Christie won every county except Hudson and Essex). No, his bi-partisan approach appealed across party, racial, gender, and economic lines. And what's scaring you is that his national popularity is trending in a similar manner.

Scaring me?? I?m not worried about Christie. If the nation votes for him, then that?s what happens.

However, he did have a massive war chest?
Wall Street Journal:
Quote:
Republican Chris Christie has nearly eight times more money to spend than Democratic challenger Barbara Buono in the remaining weeks before the Nov. 5 contest for governor, financial disclosures released Tuesday show.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Here is the non-partisan politifact backing my claim on job growth. If you don't agree please provide a similar link by a non-partisan group. (The part about job creation is in the second half of the story, btw).

http://www.politifact.com/new-jersey/ ... outs-balanced-budgets-jo/

Thank you. That is fine.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Finally, obviously there can't be a statistic about insular and silo'd management by the POTUS. But the fact that the single largest piece of legislation ever introduced was done without a single bi-partisan vote, snuck in by a procedural manoeuver, that controls almost 20% of the GDP, massaged with Chicago style back room deals-it speaks for itself. Well, the fact that so many Democrats (you know, the ones coming up for mid term elections) are running away from it should tell you about the kind of deals that are made when bi-partisanship gets ignored.

In short, you have no evidence to back it up. The best you can do is draw shaky lines, at best, through what you believe to be cause and effect.

Posted on: 2014/1/7 14:17
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Is that why many prominent democrats were quoted saying the reason they finally got a longer term budget in place is because Barry was too busy to interfere?

Who is Barry?

Posted on: 2014/1/7 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The economy is good? Yes, Wall Street is booming! Record stock market! Who is that helping?

The 1%. People with fat 401Ks. In fact, all the people that Obama is saying need to give their money to the 47%.

What's happening to poverty? Food stamp using is up from 25 million to over 45 million under Obama. How's the economy for them?

Black unemployment is still double that of whites, not improved one bit under Obama. How the economy for them?

'Real' unemployment, ie numbers not massaged by not counting people who've simply given up, is still incredibly high. What are the real numbers, Obama? How's the economy for them?

And Obamacare has been an abject failure, with more people losing their insurance so far than have gained insurance. For the vast majority of Americans their plans will offer no improvement, and cost a great deal more. In the end it would have been cheaper just to fund the uninsured, rather than screw the 85% of people who were happy with what they have now.

One good thing about a Hilary/Christie Presidency-one will be an improvement over Obama, and Christie will be a big improvement over Obama, so in a way it's a win/win either way.

Posted on: 2014/1/7 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
i dont thnk obama has failed. the economy is stronger and growing. healthcare reform has been enacted. troops out of iraqand maybe affghnanistan. not ad at even and even comparable to clinton, bush, reagan......and this is despite gop resistance.

i think us ecomic growth will be limited by rise of china taking so many jobs

Posted on: 2014/1/7 10:01

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017