Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
204 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 204

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Greenville: Man shot & killed while breaking up a fight involving a friend who was shot and injured
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
LOL, where I came from , Justice would be served at some point. There is a reason these organizations such as the Yakuza flourish in places where the courts really cannot implement the proper punishment

Posted on: 2014/3/19 2:12

Re: Greenville: Man shot & killed while breaking up a fight involving a friend who was shot and injured
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
he was acquitted of a total of six counts -- murder, aggravated manslaughter, manslaughter, attempted murder, aggravated assault, and the weapons charge was dismissed.

so who shot those 2 people?

another example of criminals and the stupid gun NJ laws that are supposed to prevent these from happening

Well the way our system works is people are supposed to get fair trials, and I guess this guy got one. But I would be pissed as hell if I was the victim's family members. Now what?

Posted on: 2014/3/19 2:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
he was acquitted of a total of six counts -- murder, aggravated manslaughter, manslaughter, attempted murder, aggravated assault, and the weapons charge was dismissed.

so who shot those 2 people?

another example of criminals and the stupid gun NJ laws that are supposed to prevent these from happening

Posted on: 2014/3/19 2:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City man found not guilty of 2010 murder

By Jonathan Lin/The Jersey Journal
March 18, 2014 at 5:47 PM

After three days of jury deliberations, the 24-year-old Jersey City man accused of committing murder in 2010 was found not guilty earlier today at the Hudson County Court House in Jersey City.

The verdict for Christopher Gonzalez, who was accused of shooting and killing Darryl U. Wilson on Oct. 16, 2010, and attempting to murder another man, was announced at 2:02 p.m.

Gonzalez faced a total of six counts -- murder, aggravated manslaughter, manslaughter, attempted murder, aggravated assault, and a weapons charge. He was found not guilty of the first five charges, while the weapons charge was dismissed, according to court officials.

Gonzalez was to be released from jail tonight, said Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Nicole Ghezzar.

Gonzalez was 21 years old when he was charged with fatally shooting Wilson, a Jersey City resident, and wounding Wilson?s friend, Rashad Funches of Keansburg, on Kennedy Boulevard near Boyd Avenue.

Yesterday morning, the jury reheard police detective?s audio interview with Perla Caminero, which was conducted a day after the shooting.

The trial began on Feb. 26. The jury started their deliberations on Thursday, continuing them yesterday and today.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _murder.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/3/19 1:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yep, probably PA, straw gun purchase by some drug addict with a clean record in order to pay gangsters for drugs.

Robin.

Posted on: 2014/3/9 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
I'll wager 10-1 that this was an unlicensed gun. Any takers?

Purchased in a state with lax gun laws.

Posted on: 2014/3/9 0:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I'll wager 10-1 that this was an unlicensed gun. Any takers?

Posted on: 2014/3/8 23:07

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 13:51
Group:
Registered Users
That is about 7 blocks North of the Greenville Border.

Posted on: 2014/3/8 21:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
A witness testified today at the murder trial of Christopher Gonzalez that he saw the defendant open fire

By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
March 05, 2014 at 7:30 PM

A witness testified today in the murder trial of Christopher Gonzalez that he saw gunfire erupt after a woman accused one of the victims of touching her buttocks while the witness and the two victims were hanging out in Jersey City in 2010.

Gonzalez was 21 years old when he allegedly fatally shot Darryl U. Wilson, 24, on Oct. 10, 2010 and wounded Rashad Funches, 27, both of Jersey City, on Kennedy Boulevard near Boyd Avenue.

On the stand today, James Porcher said he was walking with the victims that night when they ran into other friends and Fabian McCall accused Funches of grabbing the buttocks of his girlfriend, Perla Caminero.

?Her boyfriend got on the phone and we were still trying to talk to him but he wasn't listening to us,? Porcher said, adding that Funches was drunk. ?Me and Darryl was just trying to diffuse the whole situation?Then I saw Darryl?s facial expression?People were coming - about eight people.?

Porcher said Gonzalez was among the group that arrived and shortly afterward the boyfriend punched Funches and Gonzalez shot Funches.

?I saw the defendant take out a gun and shoot Darryl,? Porcher testified. ?I ran and heard more shots but then ran back and (Funches) was laying down and I tried to pick him up. I started crying?.That?s when a police car pulled up?

Prosecutors allege Gonzalez also shot Wilson, who ran some distance before collapsing and dying.

On the stand yesterday, Caminero denied nearly every statement she had made to investigators, saying either ?I don?t recall? or ?I never said that.? In a recorded statement she said was ?100 percent positive? Gonzalez was the shooter. On the stand she said she never saw the shooter and her back was turned when the shots rang out.

On the witness stand, McCall also recanted much of what he told police one day after the shooting.

Porcher is currently facing armed robbery charges and weapons offenses related to a gun in Union County.

Under cross examination today, he admitted that in his first sworn statement to investigators said he was just walking down the Boulevard when he found Funches drunk and bleeding from the mouth.

?I didn?t want to say nothing at that point - I just didn?t want to get involved in the situation,? Porcher testified, adding that he was scared.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... nt_open.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/3/6 3:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City murder suspect, 21, surrenders after judge issues warrant for his arrest based on eyewitness accounts of street fight and gun killing

Tuesday, October 19, 2010
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City man charged with murdering a city man who was trying to break up a street fight and wounding a second man this weekend was arrested late Sunday and made his first court appearance on the charges yesterday afternoon.

Christopher A. Gonzalez, 21, aka "Starz," was arrested on charges he murdered Darryl U. Wilson, 24, of Summit Avenue, who was gunned down on a Kennedy Boulevard sidewalk near Boyd Avenue about 10:40 p.m. Saturday, said Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio.

Gonzalez is also charged with the attempted murder of a 24-year-old Jersey City man, Wilson's friend, who was shot in the abdomen during the incident and underwent surgery at the Jersey City Medical Center on Sunday, DeFazio said. The victim remained at the Medical Center yesterday, DeFazio said, adding that he is expected to survive.

"There is absolutely nothing at all to indicate the victims were armed," DeFazio said. "This was a wanton, willful use of deadly force by the defendant."

Gonzalez, whose last known address was on New Heckman Drive, was identified as a suspect early in the investigation and Hudson County Superior Court Judge Lourdes I. Santiago signed a warrant for his arrest and set his bail at $750,000 cash only, DeFazio said.

Investigators contacted Gonzalez's friends and family and he was arrested Sunday after he went to the Duncan Avenue headquarters of the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's Homicide Squad, DeFazio said.

Based on witness accounts, homicide detectives believe a friend of Gonzalez got into a fight with a friend of Wilson and Wilson was trying to break it up when Gonzalez opened fire. Investigators believe the target of the shooting was the man who was only wounded, DeFazio said, adding that at least three rounds were fired and the gun has not been recovered.

Gonzalez, who is also charged with weapons offenses, made his first appearance on the charges in Central Judicial Processing court in Jersey City yesterday via video link from Hudson County jail in Kearny.

Judge Richard Nieto read Gonzalez his rights and when Nieto asked if the defendant had any questions, he replied "Nope."

The defendant is currently on probation for a theft conviction and a conviction for drug possession with intent to distribute, officials said, adding that he also did jail time for the drug crime.

Posted on: 2010/10/19 13:39

Greenville: Man shot & killed while breaking up a fight involving a friend who was shot and injured
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map
View Larger Map Jersey City man shot and killed while trying to break up a fight, officials say Sunday, October 17, 2010, 3:35 PM Charles Hack/The Jersey Journal Darryl U. Wilson, 24, of Jersey City was shot and killed on Kennedy Boulevard last night when he tried to break up a fight, officials told The Jersey Journal this afternoon. A Jersey City man was shot in the heart and killed last night after trying to break up a fight involving a friend who was shot and injured, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said this afternoon. Darryl U. Wilson, 24, of Summit Avenue, was gunned down on Kennedy Boulevard near Boyd Avenue at around 10:40 p.m., DeFazio said A second 24-year-old man from Jersey City, Wilson?s friend, was shot in the torso and is expected to survive, DeFazio said. Police are looking for a Jersey City man they believe fired at least three shots from a semiautomatic pistol, killing Wilson and wounding the other man, DeFazio said. "There is a suspect identified in the case, DeFazio said. "Nobody has been apprehended as of yet." The suspect is believed to have begun shooting after an associate got into a fight with Wilson?s friend, DeFazio said. Wilson tried to stop the men from fighting, DeFazio said. "It appears to be a situation where the homicide victim, Mr. Wilson, was trying to break up the physical altercation," DeFazio said. "It was a continuing course of events that escalated to this tragedy." The wounded man underwent surgery at the Jersey City Medical Center and is expected to survive, he said. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Hudson County Prosecutor?s Office Homicide Unit at (201) 915-1345.

Posted on: 2010/10/18 5:12

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017