Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking Authority Outrage!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Wasn't the Parking Authority voted to be closed down and merged into Public Safety last year? What's the timetable on that?

I was recently wondering the same thing. Whatever happened to the Parking Authority being shuttered?

Merging doesn't necessarily mean that they no longer exist. They are back under police (in this case public safety) the way they were before Schundler made them an autonomous patronage pit. I believe the merger had more to do with the elimination of the duplication of certain parking authority departments such as purchasing, personnel, fiscal, etc. Most of the scooter geeks are still on the job.

Posted on: 2015/10/17 13:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Wasn't the Parking Authority voted to be closed down and merged into Public Safety last year? What's the timetable on that?

I was recently wondering the same thing. Whatever happened to the Parking Authority being shuttered?

Posted on: 2015/10/16 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I'm sympathetic to Mao on this; they should have suspended parking rules while the paving was going on nearby. It was a zoo yesterday in BeLa, but as they say, 'the inconvenience is temporary, the improvement is permanent'.

I am also sympathetic to his plight (sucks to get ticketed) but willfully ignoring posted street cleaning is asking for trouble.

There is that; and it took me another half hour to get back home yesterday around all the detours with the paving issues, I wasn't happy either.

That is the problem with that corner of Lafayette. Any disruption to traffic flow on Communipaw or Johnston has an outsize effect on the neighborhood. As it is, during regular mornings, the traffic on Johnston backs up all the way from Pacific to the light rail tracks. I would imagine that the Pacific Ave repaving is a nightmare for all the area residents.

I can certainly understand why residents in the area are frustrated and in favor of the Jersey Ave extension. I am just not convinced that adding that bridge will have any sort of beneficial effect on traffic going through the neighborhood. Brewster has presented an analogy that I am afraid will be true. That is, adding another road for commuters to use is like poking a second hole in a pool: water will continue to flow out of both holes. Adding the bridge may simply entice more commuters to get off on 14B and by the LSP exit after 14C, keeping traffic levels the same.

Posted on: 2015/10/16 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/10/16 14:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I'm sympathetic to Mao on this; they should have suspended parking rules while the paving was going on nearby. It was a zoo yesterday in BeLa, but as they say, 'the inconvenience is temporary, the improvement is permanent'.

I am also sympathetic to his plight (sucks to get ticketed) but willfully ignoring posted street cleaning is asking for trouble.

There is that; and it took me another half hour to get back home yesterday around all the detours with the paving issues, I wasn't happy either.

Posted on: 2015/10/16 12:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/10/16 12:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/10/16 12:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Pacific Avenue is being repaved this week and parking has been banned from 6:00 am on. This has created a huge mess for traffic and even more of a problem for those who need to park their cars. I got up at 5:30 to move my car and then took my son to school. I returned to briefly walk the dogs around 9:00 am and I parked on Halladay which runs parallel to Pacific which was entirely closed. When I came a short time later, I had gotten a street cleaning ticket! A cop was driving by and I hailed him down and asked him how the City could be doing this. He said it was unreasonable and that the JCPD would not do that, but that the Parking Authority, evidently, did. There was nothing he could do, however, so I called the Parking Authority. They were unable to help in any way and were entirely unsympathetic. I asked to talk to the Director's office but was repeatedly re-directed to voice mail. I call the mayor's office. A very lovely woman answered but she said there was nothing that could be done. Given all the construction around town, I suspect this happens regularly and provision should be made to stop it.

In a nutshell: the city is fixing Pacific (way overdue!) so I am going to park wherever I please while ignoring POSTED street cleaning regulations and then complain about getting pinched.

Posted on: 2015/10/16 11:54

Parking Authority Outrage!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
Pacific Avenue is being repaved this week and parking has been banned from 6:00 am on. This has created a huge mess for traffic and even more of a problem for those who need to park their cars. I got up at 5:30 to move my car and then took my son to school. I returned to briefly walk the dogs around 9:00 am and I parked on Halladay which runs parallel to Pacific which was entirely closed. When I came a short time later, I had gotten a street cleaning ticket! A cop was driving by and I hailed him down and asked him how the City could be doing this. He said it was unreasonable and that the JCPD would not do that, but that the Parking Authority, evidently, did. There was nothing he could do, however, so I called the Parking Authority. They were unable to help in any way and were entirely unsympathetic. I asked to talk to the Director's office but was repeatedly re-directed to voice mail. I call the mayor's office. A very lovely woman answered but she said there was nothing that could be done. Given all the construction around town, I suspect this happens regularly and provision should be made to stop it.

Posted on: 2015/10/15 17:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017