Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Gambling arrests at Greenville club
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Afro-American Club on Martin Luther King Drive

My favorite hangout, hope they don't close it down.

Posted on: 2007/2/24 16:18

Re: Gambling arrests at Greenville club
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
They are all a bunch of old farts having fun with nickels and dimes most likely. Then again it is a crime so they should know better.
I hope they don't find the conditions and grub in jail better then the senior center!

I wish the Police would put the same effort and resources to some other issues as well.

PS, The average age of these notorious 10, is 66 years old - I'm surprised the Mayor didn't offer to lend a helping hand to arrest them!

Posted on: 2007/2/24 14:26
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Gambling arrests at Greenville club
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Gambling arrests at Greenville club

Saturday, February 24, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City police arrested numerous people on gambling charges this week at a Greenville social club where similar arrests have been made in the past, officials said yesterday.

On Tuesday, Jersey City Police Special Investigations Unit officers executed a search warrant at the Afro-American Club on Martin Luther King Drive near Clinton Avenue, officials said

Eugene Terry, 76, of King Drive, was arrested and charged with promoting gambling, possession of gambling records and maintaining a gambling establishment, officials said.

Arrested and charged with promoting gambling were: Steven Beverly, 53, of Fulton Avenue; Gregory Malone, 59, of Union Street; Michael Leval, 52, of Garfield Avenue; Pernell Holmes, 69, of Virginia Avenue; Milton Jones, 66, of Wade Street; Fred Evans Jr., 63, of King Drive; Alfons Glover, 76, of Newark; Sam Davis, 72, of Claremont Avenue and Lawson Worthy, 73.

Posted on: 2007/2/24 14:01

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017