Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Ex-deputy police chief to run Parking Authority
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Another job for the boys and if you're not a drinking or eating buddy of Healy, you will never get a high paying public service position in Jersey City.

When was the last time a talented outsider was recruited for a JC govt job like Booker did for police chief? As long as our govt acts like a mob family we'll be screwed. Healy needs to be out on his ass, many of us who voted for him are enraged not at his drinking talents but at his same-old-crap governance.

The Parking Authority is simply the most publicly visible point of failure because its SUPPOSED TO MAKE MONEY as opposed to all the other failing services like police and sewers.

Posted on: 2006/12/28 18:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

super_furry wrote:
and I will also enjoy this salary on top of my penchant from the JCPD.?

Wasn't the last guy also pulling down a PD pension?
On an unrelated note - I have been seeing a lot of these on here lately ( penchant for pension) These are not just typos or misspellings( I know super-furry knows the difference between the words), but a completely different word and meaning. Alb is good at this. It leads me to believe posters are distracted by their employers trivial chores and not giving full attention to their main mission and real purpose in life ie: posting on JCL. Forget the multitasking, focus on what's important, your job is secondary and if something goes wrong only a few people will know but mistakes made here are seen by hundreds and archived for eternity. Mistakes at work can always be blamed on someone else and there is always someone else to pick up your slack. Mistakes made on JCL are your's and your's alone.

Posted on: 2006/12/28 17:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Another job for the boys and if you're not a drinking or eating buddy of Healy, you will never get a high paying public service position in Jersey City.
You would even have a hard time being a consultant for the JCPA, Australian.
And a tip for tradesmans out there, you'll have to wait a long time for your cheque, if you win a government contract or complete any service for them. I stay right away from them, unless you do government work through a subcontractor that pays my bills directly.

Posted on: 2006/12/28 17:30
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
What he said:

"I will work diligently to make everyone proud," he said.

What he meant:

"I will work diligently to give promotions based on political factors, and I will also enjoy this salary on top of my penchant from the JCPD.?

What I think:

Taxpayers are getting screwed again!

Posted on: 2006/12/28 17:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
This would be the job I'd love to do. Challenging, but if done right would be 'profitable' with a social conscious and public approval.
One of the first things would be to mandate that parking officers have a 'social' duty to report any crime they witness, by being the eyes and ears for all emergency services - no involvement other then being a witness and reporting.
Empathy given to 'green' posted signs with clear guidelines for when infringements can be deemed 'void' when motorists write in and zero tolerance for 'red' signs.
I would also have legislation in place (if not already) for infringements to be posted when necessary - safety for officers.
Establish clear KPI's for all staff (policies and procedures)and incentives for officers on the road.

This new guy would have a 'clean slate' to do some great work for the community - I wish him well.

Posted on: 2006/12/28 16:14

Ex-deputy police chief to run Parking Authority
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Ex-deputy police chief to run Parking Authority
Thursday, December 28, 2006

Mark D. Russ, a former deputy chief of the Jersey City Police Department, will take over as chief executive director of the Jersey City Parking Authority next Wednesday, Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy announced yesterday.

Russ, a graduate of St. Peter's College in Jersey City and a member of the police force for 27 years, replaces Robert Dalton, who resigned earlier this month for personal reasons and had served for 16 months.

"Through his experience with the Jersey City Police Department, and as Operation Division commander, Mark Russ has had considerable dealings with the Parking Authority and has an overall understanding of how the agency operates," Healy said.

"I look forward to working with him and have every confidence he will continue the good work completed by his predecessor," Healy added.

Russ said he was "humbled" and "thankful" to the mayor for the opportunity.

"I will work diligently to make everyone proud," he said.

KEN THORBOURNE

Posted on: 2006/12/28 15:26

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017