Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Police attacked by large Rottweiler, while they arrest 153 and seize 11,500 bags of heroin
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/4 3:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I do however hate how every little corner store in this town sells cheap cigars that are used to mix with these drugs

Heroin and crack pipes aside... I think the cheap cigars are used to roll blunts (aka. stripped of tobacco and filled with marijuana, chronic, weed, bud, herb... whatever you want to call it).

Posted on: 2006/8/3 17:01

Re: Police attacked by large Rottweiler, while they arrest 153 and seize 11,500 bags of heroin
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
The little cigars that are only used for smoking drugs and are often sold to underage kids should also not be sold, but these little glass pipes that look like roses in a tube should be banned.

http://www.sptimes.com/News/081001/Fl ... crack_pipe_by_any_o.shtml

Posted on: 2006/8/3 16:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/9/25 18:31
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
with these drugs and how they glass crack pipes -- including the store by the Dixon Mills that was robbed and helped bring in the Gardian Angels. They keep them behind a small closed cabinet behind the counter.

Wait, wait wait - the store that was robbed, that we read that whole sob story about how she feared for her life etc. while she was being robbed, sells those pipes?

I just lost every last bit of sympathy I had for her. She's part of the problem, not part of the solution, and if this is true (I've never had reason to patronize that establishment) the Guardian Angels should have been ashamed to associate themselves with such a store.

Posted on: 2006/8/3 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I think these are very tiny bags of heroin that are aimed at kids and the poor. I think they are meant to be smoked -- not sure really -- I do however hate how every little corner store in this town sells cheap cigars that are used to mix with these drugs and how they sell glass crack pipes -- including the store by the Dixon Mills that was robbed and helped bring in the Gardian Angels. They keep them behind a small closed cabinet behind the counter.

Posted on: 2006/8/3 16:37

Edited by GrovePath on 2006/8/3 16:52:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/23 16:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MCA wrote:
From the 1st article:
Quote:
...seizing more than 9,000 bags of heroin - worth more than $100,000 on the street - in a raid Tuesday night.

Is this a typo or can one buy street heroin for about $11 a bag? I plead ignorance.

From what I remember of my heroin using friends in college, yes, you can definitely get a $10 bag of heroin on the street. What a bargain!

I'm editing this because I'm kind of embarassed for answering the question. I've personally never used heroin, and the fact that a couple of friends of mine in college got turned onto it is actually very sad and tragic. I didn't mean to state it so lightly above.

Posted on: 2006/8/3 16:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/23 17:55
Group:
Banned
From the 1st article:
Quote:
...seizing more than 9,000 bags of heroin - worth more than $100,000 on the street - in a raid Tuesday night.

Is this a typo or can one buy street heroin for about $11 a bag? I plead ignorance.

And R.I.P. to the poor Rottie. Hope your next life is better.

Posted on: 2006/8/3 16:27

Re: Police attacked by large Rottweiler, while they arrest 4 and seize 11,500 bags of heroin
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/4 14:20
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
"Operation McGruff: First Bite,"

I just decided that I now want to become a police officer so I can work my way up through the ranks and become the guy responsible for naming operations.

Posted on: 2006/8/3 15:47
Myth: Pancakes are for breakfast.

Fact: There are no rules when it comes to pancakes.

Re: Police attacked by large Rottweiler, while they arrest 4 and seize 11,500 bags of heroin
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
BIG BLUE BUSTS NET 153
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
By JACK HERMAN
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

In advance of National Night Out, Jersey City law enforcement launched a six-day, city-wide sting operation that netted more than 150 people from some of the city's most notorious locations on charges from drug possession to prostitution.

Dubbed "Operation McGruff: First Bite," city police made 153 arrests and recovered 70 pounds of marijuana and 2,500 bags of heroin - along with one of city's most wanted outlaws.

"We thought that everyone should know the Jersey City Police Department does not rest," Mayor Jerramiah Healy said in announcing the initiative at a news conference yesterday at Clerk Street and Carteret Avenue. "It is ever vigilant against the forces of crime."

Freshly appointed Police Chief Thomas Comey set the wheels in motion a few weeks ago when he had the department assemble a list of high-crime areas to target based on statistics.

Each of the six nights had a detail comprised of 20 officers in the street and another seven to eight on duty in the Bureau of Criminal Investigations, said Street Crime Unit Commander Captain Kenneth Teschlog.

The Police Department enlisted the help of the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office, State Police and the state Department of Parole.

"What we had to realize was that like every major city in the Northeast, we fight violent crime every day," Comey said.

Undercover units under the direction of Teschlog worked to arrest 137 in the "hot zones" on the streets, while members of the city's Detective Bureau arrested another 16 yesterday morning who were deemed particularly dangerous and wanted on warrants, Comey said.

Highlights include:

The capture of Leroy Williams, 34, of Bergen Avenue - one of the city's Most Wanted - who allegedly slashed a man's throat in a May aggravated assault.

The interception of the delivery of 2,500 bags of heroin, leading to the arrest of Noel Diaz, 25, of the Bronx.

The arrest of Roy Gayle, 49, for possession of six large bags of marijuana in a school zone with intent to distribute.

Sixteen juveniles were arrested in the sting in incidents that included a robbery and threatening undercover police officers - even after finding out who they were, Teschlog said.

Sixteen prostitutes were also arrested, and 90 arrest warrants were cleared, Teschlog said.

Officials said the sweeps of targeted areas will continue.

"I want residents to know that this not a one-shot deal," Comey said. "'First Bite' is just that, a first bite, with many more bites to come."

Posted on: 2006/8/3 15:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, put the dog in charge of the stuffed animals, brilliant!

Un-bearable! Dastardly Doberman destroys Elvis's teddy bear
Last Updated Thu, 03 Aug 2006 10:53:05 EDT
CBC News

The fur was flying in Somerset, England, on Thursday after a guard dog went on a rampage at a teddy bear collection, badly damaging Elvis Presley's bear Mabel, which had just gone on display.

Barney the Doberman guard dog sits with security guard Greg West at the Wookey Hole Caves Park in Wells, England. (Associated Press) Barney the Doberman guard dog sits with security guard Greg West at the Wookey Hole Caves Park in Wells, England. (Associated Press)

Authorities struggled to explain what triggered Barney the guard dog's attack at the popular display at the Wookey Hole Caves Park in Wells, England, about 175 kilometres southwest of London.

"It's a terrible disaster," Daniel Medley, the park's general manager, told CBC News.

There must have been some kind of scent, Medley said, "that made the dog go berserk."

Barney first tore into Mabel, a bear that was recently purchased at an auction in Memphis, Tenn., for $85,000 Cdn. Mabel had once been owned by a young Elvis and was made in 1909 by the German manufacturer Steiff.

The bear's owner, Sir Benjamin Slade, had put it on display at the collection "just a few days ago," Medley said.

When the mauling was over, Mabel's chest had a gaping hole and its head had nearly been torn off.

But the trouble was far from over with the six-year-old Doberman pinscher.

"Once Mabel had been prised out of his jaws he then went on a rampage," Medley said. When it was over, about 100 bears in all had been damaged.

"He was pulling arms off, heads off," Medley said and there was fluffy stuffing everywhere.

The bear display at Wookey Hole Caves had been deemed so valuable that the park's insurance company had required guard dogs be on duty.

Sir Benjamin, who sent someone to collect Mabel's remains from the park, is reportedly very upset.

"He's not speaking to anyone," Medley said. "We just want to apologize to him."

As for Barney, Medley said he's been stripped of his guard dog duties and will be retired to a farm "where he can chase chickens."

Mabel, who was once owned by a young Presley, was made in 1909 by the German manufacturer Steiff.

Posted on: 2006/8/3 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/15 11:49
Group:
Registered Users
McGruff: The Rottweiler Bites Back

Posted on: 2006/8/3 15:17

Police attacked by large Rottweiler, while they arrest 153 and seize 11,500 bags of heroin
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
4 arrests, and another 9,000 bags seized
Thursday, August 03, 2006
By JACK HERMAN
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Just a day after city officials announced the results of a six-day sting that netted 2,500 bags of heroin and 70 pounds of pot, officials said yesterday they had scored again, seizing more than 9,000 bags of heroin - worth more than $100,000 on the street - in a raid Tuesday night.

Three Jersey City residents and a Scotch Plains man were arrested after searches of houses on Bergen Avenue between Oxford and Clinton avenues and Orient Avenue between Bergen and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, said Hudson County First Assistant Prosecutor Guy Gregory, whose office has teamed up with the Jersey City police to investigate heroin trafficking.

Patrick Taliaferro, 32, of Orient Avenue; Edward Wall, 36, of Ocean Avenue; Shakenya Daniella Williams, 27, of Bergen Avenue, and Wayne Neal, 33, of Scotch Plains, were all charged with possession and distribution, Gregory said.

Detectives recovered the heroin after executing a search warrant at the Bergen Avenue house on Tuesday, Gregory said. At the Orient Avenue house, officers encountered a large Rottweiler, which attacked them, officials said. Gregory said the officers were forced to shoot and kill it.

The investigation targeted several groups operating as an organization throughout Jersey City - particularly in public housing complexes, Gregory said.

The federal Drug Enforcement Agency and state Division of Criminal Justice also participated in the investigation, Gregory said.

Posted on: 2006/8/3 15:15

Edited by GrovePath on 2006/8/3 15:39:56

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017