Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Which Jersey City roads are getting a face-lift?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

downtownempire wrote:
Who decides what streets get paved? The DPW personnel? Does the Council person have any input? Monmouth from Grand to Tenth is a mess. Second from Marin to Colgate is a roller coaster ride. I don't see these streets on the list. Months ago our Mayor stopped all PSE&G jobs until they agreed to repaving. What happened? Nothing.

Yes, usually each ward council person is asked to submit a list of streets for their ward to be repaved. Iv don't know how many they can submit and how DPW prioritizes them. Ask your council member if you have questions about your ward.

Posted on: 2016/6/3 0:48

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/20 21:54
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Who decides what streets get paved? The DPW personnel? Does the Council person have any input? Monmouth from Grand to Tenth is a mess. Second from Marin to Colgate is a roller coaster ride. I don't see these streets on the list. Months ago our Mayor stopped all PSE&G jobs until they agreed to repaving. What happened? Nothing.

Posted on: 2016/6/2 23:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Folks, what is the true story for the machinery at 6th and Jersey? Temporary filtration or sever relay station?

Posted on: 2016/6/2 22:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/25 1:51
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bustjc wrote:
Monmouth street between 4th and 5th and 4th between Monmouth and Coles should get an award for utter stupidity.

The gas workers put a gas shutoff valve into a pit where a tree had been previously, in front of our shop, I guess because it was easier than putting it in the concrete. I don't think that tree is going to be re-planted any time soon.

Posted on: 2016/6/2 20:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/23 0:39
Group:
Registered Users
Monmouth street between 4th and 5th and 4th between Monmouth and Coles should get an award for utter stupidity.

I took a picture of the PSEG Downtown Demolition Crew coming in to rip a newly paved/unmarked 4th between Monmouth and Coles. The lines weren't even painted yet!!! This was in July of last year. An entire year later the road is only safe for off terrain vehicles. PSEG is laughing at Steve for his lack of follow through on "getting tough" to make sure they repave roads. Then PSEG tells me these streets are not even part of the "Energy Strong" upgrades and they dont have a timeline or requirement to repave.

http://pasteboard.co/1ocWjlMo.jpg

Posted on: 2016/6/2 19:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
My understanding was that the contractor doing the digging (etc.) was responsible for repaving within X amount of time. I vaguely recall that Candice Osborne was addressing this some time ago on our behalf. You can't lay asphalt in cold weather so we had to endure it for the winter.

I'd like to see our mayor give up his fat-ass SUV, where he rides in the back seat, for a week and ride his bicycle instead. THEN he'd do something about it.

In addition to the holes and crappy patches, has anyone else noticed that more often than not the trenching for gas/water was done almost directly down the painted bike lanes. And intersections that had right-turn-only arrows painted on the pavement are now just crummy patches and a bunch of downtown intersections are now like the Wild West...

Posted on: 2016/6/2 15:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
every single road downtown is getting a hatchet job just a few years after they were nicely repaved. What a joke. We finally got every road repaved and looking nice and smooth and just a few years later every single one is torn up again for water and gas work. Why wasn't that done while or before they were repaved?

How many more years do we have to wait now and how much more money do we need to spend to get them looking decent again? 4th Street is a real piece of work especially.

Posted on: 2016/6/2 14:35

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/2 15:51
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
Being that I live off of that street I couldn't agree more KH

Posted on: 2016/6/2 14:18

Which Jersey City roads are getting a face-lift?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Its funny they are deeming the annual repaving efforts a "Face-Lift" as if this work is more extensive than the annual repaving done yearly.

I'm shocked that Duncan Ave from West Side to 1/9, along side Lincoln Park is not on the list. That's been in terrible shape now for years and is a major Ward B artery.

Which Jersey City roads are getting a face-lift?

Posted on: 2016/6/2 13:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017