Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
55 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 55

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Applying for JC Public School

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/6 19:06
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sranade wrote:
Many of the schools are doing 'sneak a peek' week where parents can come visit school, meet the teachers, and ask questions. They are not all scheduled on the same night because many parents want to visit multiple schools so call the school and ask them when they are having it. I think it is happening at the end of Feb or early march.

Jersey City has a lot of schools and each one is unique so it's worth the effort to visit. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Does this matter if you can still only go to the school you're zoned for?

Posted on: 2016/2/5 15:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/16 20:18
Group:
Registered Users
Many of the schools are doing 'sneak a peek' week where parents can come visit school, meet the teachers, and ask questions. They are not all scheduled on the same night because many parents want to visit multiple schools so call the school and ask them when they are having it. I think it is happening at the end of Feb or early march.

Jersey City has a lot of schools and each one is unique so it's worth the effort to visit. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Posted on: 2016/2/5 14:52

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 4:35
Group:
Registered Users
+ 1 for P.S. 30

Posted on: 2016/2/5 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
If your home school is a failing school then you can go to the Dept of early childhood education to see if you can get a transfer. They do not do this until summertime so there is nothing you can do. What I did was sign my son up for dual language program. I picked PS 30 which borders Bayonne almost, because I know all the downtown schools are inudated with requests for that program. We got in via lottery and I could not be happier with the school. Amazing teachers and staff!

Posted on: 2016/2/4 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
I'm pretty sure you can't appeal your zone.

Join JC Moms Meetup... There's a huge repository of options for kids/schooling of all ages.

We are doing the JCPS pre-K program and think it's really good and perfect for a 3- and 4-year old.

Posted on: 2016/2/3 19:27

Applying for JC Public School

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/11 23:59
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
My son will be entering Pre-K this fall and I come to find out that the school in our district is not the one I thought it was. Is there any way to register to a different school? (both schools are only a block from my residence and I happen to be right in the middle). Is there any way to make some sort of appeal to the boe?

Other options would be charter school (we entered the lottery for LCCS but ended up on the waiting list with a high number). Not sure what other good charter schools are around as I can't really find any other feedback online nor do we know any families that go to any other charter schools in JC.

Last option would be to look into private school in JC. Most of our friends who have had children moved out of JC just because of the school system and high crime rates but we're here to stay just because we can't see ourselves moving anywhere else. A lot has changed since I went to grammar school. Since when did finding the right school for your child become so difficult? lol

Posted on: 2016/2/3 19:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017