Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Armed Robbery - Light Rail - 6pm Sunday
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I find this story hard to believe, I take the rail daily and the train on Sunday evening is pretty packed for this to happen. I don't buy it. I do not doubt he/she was robbed but I doubt if it happened the way it was reported.
Other then the time and that it was on the train the article didn't really have much info on how it happened. If the victim and the stick up kid didn't make a scene I can see this easily happening with out many people even noticing. Especially in the last few seats towards the back. Even with a scene a lot of people tend to mind their business and not want to get involved at the moment to avoid becoming a victim also.

Posted on: 2015/4/24 22:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
LR passes thru the 'ghetto' and this is where the decent fare paying folks get robbed.

Sorry to be blunt.

The Fare Inspectors are ass clowns and Transit police are as worthless.

Thanks NJ Transit for not protecting ppl.

Posted on: 2015/4/24 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Cameras are coming to NJ Transit's light rail trains in a response to riders' concerns about security and a spate of cellphone robberies on the Newark city subway.

"The River Line has implemented on-board cameras, which NJ Transit police can use to monitor activity on the (light rail) vehicle. Cameras will be rolled out in June on Hudson-Bergen and Newark Light Rail lines," said Janice Pepper, NJ Transit director of research.

Cameras already have been installed on River Line trains. Safety and security were among the items that light rail riders said were areas to improve in NJ Transit's most recent Scorecard customer survey results

"We're doing what we do on the River Line, we have video and audio coverage in the cars," said Christopher Trucillo, chief of NJ Transit's police department. "We hope that's a deterrent."

On the Newark city subway, NJ Transit police coverage is being increased during the evening commute hours for 4 to 8 p.m., which is when many robberies occur, he said.

"Our number one issue on Light Rail is thefts of smart phones and robbery, particularly in Newark," Trucillo said. "The arrests we make are usually groups or packs of two to three offenders at a time, who overtake someone and steal their device."

Crime statistics weren't immediately available for the light rail system.

In addition to beefing up patrols by uniformed officers, Trucillo said plain clothes undercover officers also are riding the subway.
Story

Posted on: 2015/4/24 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

xxteargodxx wrote:
Shame, can't even be aafe on the light rail, I ride a few times a week to the mall and carry my phone and tablet. There needs to be at least one transit officer on each car to not only keep people safe but to check for people riding without tickets as well.

There are LOTS of people that get on and ride without paying.

What an over reaction...a transit officer on every car, really? I ride the LR every day and I don't see the cost benefit in this. If someone is mugged on the street, do we put a police office on every street corner? FWIW, I find the LR and the PATH to be equal in regards to safety.

Posted on: 2015/4/7 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I find this story hard to believe, I take the rail daily and the train on Sunday evening is pretty packed for this to happen. I don't buy it. I do not doubt he/she was robbed but I doubt if it happened the way it was reported.

Posted on: 2015/4/7 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I do see a lot of feral teens at certain times of day on the LR, often after school's out. And the Newport stop attracts a very trashy demographic. I love the LR, but not always the folks who use it. The whole honor code when it comes to using it doesn't work if folks don't have any honor.

Posted on: 2015/4/7 17:25

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/4 14:33
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Shame, can't even be aafe on the light rail, I ride a few times a week to the mall and carry my phone and tablet. There needs to be at least one transit officer on each car to not only keep people safe but to check for people riding without tickets as well.

There are LOTS of people that get on and ride without paying.

Posted on: 2015/4/7 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
or maybe they weren't given one from the police?

Posted on: 2015/4/7 13:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
The JJ is a garbage newspaper. Post a real physical description, or don't post anything at all.

Posted on: 2015/4/7 10:52

Armed Robbery - Light Rail - 6pm Sunday
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Police searching for suspect in Light Rail armed robbery: officials

By Summer Dawn Hortillosa | The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on April 06, 2015 at 11:27 AM, updated April 06, 2015 at 11:49 AM

Police are searching for a suspect in an armed robbery on the NJ Transit Light Rail in Jersey City yesterday evening, officials said.

At 6:09 p.m., a man was robbed of his iPhone 5 while on the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail headed to Bayonne, Jersey City public safety spokeswoman Carly Baldwin said.

The robber was 5'10" and was wearing a jean jacket, white Adidas high-top sneakers and jeans, Baldwin said, adding that the victim said the man also had a gun.

The suspect got off the Light Rail at the Liberty State Park station, said Baldwin.

More - Jersey Journal

Posted on: 2015/4/6 18:40

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017