Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Looking to buy a condo in journal square..Any information on "Brunswick tower" & "St. Johns condo"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
I stand corrected. I just think they're a better condo and I let that influence my opinion.

Posted on: 2014/9/5 22:39

Re: Looking to buy a condo in journal square..Any information on "Brunswick tower" & "St. Johns condo"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I suggest the potential buyer should ignore these comments and look at condos at both sites. I know people who live in both. Brunswick Towers do have some large footage from 950 square feet for an one bedroom to a 1700 square feet that accommodates a grand piano.Since it was a laundry, the square footage is not uniform. Brunswick Towers allows dogs and I know at least 10 Huron Avenue, one of St. John's building do not. Ignore the chatter here and visit both.

Posted on: 2014/9/5 21:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

I guess if you selectively snip a portion of my post and then apply it to something else entirely, well, yes... it wouldn't make sense. I think most people would understand by reading my post that the comment about the parking situation has to do with CanCo Lofts and its immediate area.

Now, if you are claiming to know the area well, and you claim that cars do not get broken into, well.... you have stuck your head in the sand. I know three different people who live in CanCo Lofts whose cars were broken into, or vandalized, while parked within a block or two.

I dont know about the immediate area around canco but i lived in st johns (which is not far) for a 3 years before moving to downtown and my car was never broken into or had any issues. Also havent heard any complaints from other residents in the building.

Funny thing is the first year I moved into newport, some gangbanger snuck into the building's garage, smashed the windows on 3 cars (including mine), all to steal a damn $80 gps. The doorman has it all on tape, the cop came and did absolutely nothing. Doorman told me they actually caught one before too by trapping him into the garage and handed him to the cops but not sure what happened afterwards.

I think random luck has a lot to do with it, north of jsq is a pretty safe area, but i am also not disllusional to think it is same as newport/PH, they are safer/better area than jsq. Price/sqf reflects that.

Posted on: 2014/9/5 17:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:?? parking around the area is dicey. Cars get broken into often, as well as vandalized/damaged. In that area, I have seen broken windows, cars left on blocks, etc.

St John?s Condo?s and Brunswick Towers are in the Journal Square area not in Hoboken or DTJC. I know the area well and have never seen or heard what you describe. Do you live in the area?

I guess if you selectively snip a portion of my post and then apply it to something else entirely, well, yes... it wouldn't make sense. I think most people would understand by reading my post that the comment about the parking situation has to do with CanCo Lofts and its immediate area.

Now, if you are claiming to know the area well, and you claim that cars do not get broken into, well.... you have stuck your head in the sand. I know three different people who live in CanCo Lofts whose cars were broken into, or vandalized, while parked within a block or two.

Posted on: 2014/9/5 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Canco Lofts are better and the maintenance is much cheaper.

lol what koolaid has you been drinking, canco loft has one of the most expensive maintenance fees even compared to downtown.

To the OP, i would go with st johns, the location is better than brunswick tower which is next to a highway and further north from the path, they are also highrises as oppose to 3-4 story units. For investment, st johns always commanded a higher rent than brunswick tower for the same sqf.

I wouldnt consider canco, they are way more expensive than the other two, if you are paying that kind of money might as well pay a little more and move to downtown. Also as stated the canco maintenance fee is very high, on top of the location.

Posted on: 2014/9/5 16:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Here's a new flash, Van Vorst Park, in downtown JC has experience car breaks in periodically. This is an urban issue. I am sure if you go to the Police meetings you will hear the reports. Overall, Indian Square which is close to the condos you mentioned is safe compared to other parts of JC. The commercial strip attracts a of people similar to Grove PATH.

Posted on: 2014/9/5 14:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:?? parking around the area is dicey. Cars get broken into often, as well as vandalized/damaged. In that area, I have seen broken windows, cars left on blocks, etc.

St John?s Condo?s and Brunswick Towers are in the Journal Square area not in Hoboken or DTJC. I know the area well and have never seen or heard what you describe. Do you live in the area?

Posted on: 2014/9/5 12:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:

WTF are you saying? The maintenance at CanCo Lofts is pretty damn high!! A 1.5 bedroom unit runs almost $1,000/month for just the maintenance. If that's cheap, I would love to know what is considered expensive. I know several people at CanCo Lofts, and even after they are done paying their mortgages, they will continue to have really high monthly payments (insurance + taxes + maintenance) for their rest of their lives.

And, I am sad to have to agree with Yvonne, but the parking situation at CanCo Lofts is bad. They have a waiting list for parking spots and parking around the area is dicey. Cars get broken into often, as well as vandalized/damaged. In that area, I have seen broken windows, cars left on blocks, etc.

Posted on: 2014/9/5 8:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
CancoLofts has an abatement so their taxes are low but their maintenance is high. If you notice those with long tax abatements have high maintenance, the Beacon is another example. If you have a car, St. John's and Brunswick have parking but the new complexes did not put in one to one parking. Parking is included in Brunswick but is extra at St. John's.

Posted on: 2014/9/5 3:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/5 2:27

Looking to buy a condo in journal square..Any information on "Brunswick tower" & "St. Johns condo"

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/9 17:35
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Since we don't know much about this area, any info on these condos will be highly appreciated.
We are interested in Brunswick towers and St. Johns condos.

Posted on: 2014/9/4 18:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017