Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC 2nd Best City for Soccer Moms & Dads
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/4 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
This is a joke right? JC Soccer Fields and leagues are awful and any parent in town knows that.

Posted on: 2014/8/20 1:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
jnaatus,

You should get in touch with Niren at JCSA, he has been advocating for girl's soccer in Jersey City.

They have been doing girls' training sessions on Sundays at Caven Point and hope to get a girls' league going.

If you contact Anand the club secretary he will put you in contact with Niren:
http://jerseycitysoccerassociation.net/contact_us

Robin.

Posted on: 2014/8/19 21:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jnaatus wrote:
How can we be ranked in top ten for soccer?

By using an asinine metric! What does the number of soccer clubs within 75 miles of a city have to do with access to soccer?? If they had said within city limits, or within 10 or 20 miles, maybe you have a valid metric there. Imagine having to drive your kid to the outskirts of Philly (or, to Montauk!) so they could play soccer. Completely idiotic (and, most likely arbitrary) distance. And, their cost metric is just as idiotic! They factor in gas price and car insurance, but they don't factor in ancillary expenses like parking ($$ in these areas) and tolls (applicable in some areas, certainly here).

Posted on: 2014/8/19 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jnaatus wrote:
I am a Jersey City teacher (2014 teacher of year) who coaches middle school soccer. Additionally, I am a homeowner, a parent, and soccer advocate in Jersey City. We currently don't have any girls league at the middle school level in the public school system or at municipal level and I get harassed (rightly so by my girl athletes to get support for a girl recreation league or a school league like everywhere else in country) to find a way for them to play on a team as girls. The girls I coach can't afford rec soccer as it is in Northern NJ or NYC. I think soccer is a sport that girls in an urban environment, if well trained, can excel at and possibly play at collegiate level if given the chance. We need local support to get these girls playing. Currently their is no support for these girls at the middle school level. How can we be ranked in top ten for soccer?

Sadly, I think this fluff piece is really saying JC should be ranked 2nd best for Soccer Moms & Dads (not for all soccer students) meaning Soccer Parents who can buy minivans or SUVs.
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/8/19 16:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 4:07
From Heights JC
Group:
Registered Users
I am a Jersey City teacher (2014 teacher of year) who coaches middle school soccer. Additionally, I am a homeowner, a parent, and soccer advocate in Jersey City. We currently don't have any girls league at the middle school level in the public school system or at municipal level and I get harassed (rightly so by my girl athletes to get support for a girl recreation league or a school league like everywhere else in country) to find a way for them to play on a team as girls. The girls I coach can't afford rec soccer as it is in Northern NJ or NYC. I think soccer is a sport that girls in an urban environment, if well trained, can excel at and possibly play at collegiate level if given the chance. We need local support to get these girls playing. Currently their is no support for these girls at the middle school level. How can we be ranked in top ten for soccer?

Posted on: 2014/8/19 3:49

JC 2nd Best City for Soccer Moms & Dads
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

CLICK TO ENLARGE
http://cdn.nerdwallet.com/infographic ... er_bestcities_mom_dad.jpg

10 Best Cities for Soccer Moms and Dads:

1. Tacoma, Washington

Tacoma tops our list of the best cities for soccer moms and dads. The city is a hotbed for soccer clubs. Within 75 miles of the city, there are 124 registered soccer clubs. That?s more than three times the number of soccer clubs accessible to most city residents; the national average is 40.

The city also boasts lower weekly costs for soccer-related expenses. Tacoma soccer moms and dads pay less for car insurance and gas when compared to the national average. On average, soccer moms and dads can expect to pay $1,063.72 per year to insure a Ford Escape, which is about $200 less than the national average.

2. Jersey City, New Jersey

Coming in as the second most affordable city for soccer moms and dads, Jersey City boasts access to the New York metropolitan area?s soccer clubs. There are 166 clubs within 75 miles of Jersey City.

Jersey City?s robust youth soccer environment is the main reason it ranks second on our list. The city has more soccer clubs per capita than any cities that we surveyed. It is significantly more expensive to be a soccer parent in Jersey City than in other parts of the country. Weekly gas, insurance and snacks will cost the average Jersey City soccer parent about $40.15, which is much more than the national average of $31.53.

3. Arlington, Virginia

Arlington youth soccer players have access to more than 90 soccer clubs. More than 7,000 children participate in the Arlington Soccer Association?s programs every year.

Transportation and food costs in Arlington are similar to those in Tacoma. And because Arlington has a higher median income than Tacoma, these costs represent about half as much of a family?s overall budget.

4. Worcester, Massachusetts

Worcester has a robust soccer landscape; there are more than 100 clubs in the area. Futbol Club United of Massachusetts, one of the many clubs that serves Worcester, is where Diego Fagundez, a New England Revolution player, played as a youth.

The city?s food and transportation costs are comparable to the rest of the cities surveyed. Although Worcester?s gas prices are about 20 cents more per gallon than the national average, Worcester soccer parents pay less for their annual car insurance premium.

5. Irvine, California

Irvine soccer parents enjoy cheaper car insurance costs than those in the other cities on the list. The city also has one of the highest median incomes in the country, $96,278. The average weekly costs of transporting and feeding a young soccer player represent the lowest percentage of a family?s budget.

The city?s soccer families have access to more than 70 clubs. One of the most prominent clubs in Irvine is Strikers FC. It boasts many professional players as alumni such as Jonathan Bornstein and Benny Feilhaber. Other prominent clubs include the So Cal Blues, Slammers FC and Pateadores.

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/insura ... ccer-moms-dads-insurance/

Posted on: 2014/8/18 23:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017