Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Dove to N.J.: 'When people call you 'The Armpit of America,' take it as a compliment'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

"Dear New Jersey, when people call you 'The Armpit of America,' take it as a compliment. Sincerely, Dove."

BS. They're saying "NJ stinks, has a lot of sweaty people like it's governor, and if Dove works on armpits here, it'll work on armpits anywhere."

Posted on: 2014/3/1 6:24

Re: Dove to N.J.: 'When people call you 'The Armpit of America,' take it as a compliment'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
If it gets more PATH riders to use deodorant, I'm all for it.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/2/28 23:41
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/7 23:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:

+1

Heck, I'll even volunteer to stand around and hand out samples.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 22:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
North American headquarters of Unilever, which owns Dove, is in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and Matthew McCarthy, the senior marketing director of antiperspirants and deodorants at Unilever, said consumers would understand that the billboard ? set to appear in July ? is not a put-down. ?I don?t expect that there will be a lot of people who misunderstand, but to the degree that they do, we?ll be open about what we?re really trying to say,? he said. ?The message that we want to get out there is that the armpit is not a bad thing, and that we stand for caring for the armpit.?

Posted on: 2014/2/28 22:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/2/28 21:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Ew.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 20:17
I live by the river.

Dove to N.J.: 'When people call you 'The Armpit of America,' take it as a compliment'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Alex Napoliello/NJ.com

A billboard promoting a new line of Dove deodorant has a message for New Jersey residents.

"Dear New Jersey, when people call you 'The Armpit of America,' take it as a compliment. Sincerely, Dove."

That text sits alongside an image of a woman wearing a white tank top and raising an arm to display her armpit, says the New York Times. The billboard is set to appear in July.

The new line of deodorant, Dove Advanced Care, places an emphasis on moisturizing the underarm, and is part of a broader advertising campaign that encourages beautifying that part of the body, the report said.

"I don't expect that there will be a lot of people who misunderstand, but to the degree that they do, we'll be open about what we're really trying to say," Matthew McCarthy, a senior marketing director at Unilever, which owns Dove, told the Times. "The message that we want to get out there is that the armpit is not a bad thing, and that we stand for caring for the armpit."

But, for Jen Drexler, a resident and senior vice president of the Insight Strategy Group, a research and consulting firm, the billboard comes at a time when the Garden State is still trying to recover from bearing the brunt of "Bridgegate" jokes.

"It just feels unnecessary and like it's kicking New Jersey when it's down," Drexler told the Times. "Give us a break."

Posted on: 2014/2/28 19:04

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017