Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Using GPS Devices to Track City Vehicles, Cut Down on Abuse, & Increase Accountability
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
(201) 432-4645 ask for the director's office.

Posted on: 2014/2/20 18:26
Get on your bikes and ride !

Re: Jersey City Using GPS Devices to Track City Vehicles, Cut Down on Abuse, & Increase Accountability
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
what's the phone number & extension?
Ill give them a call in the morn with pics!!!

Posted on: 2014/2/20 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
They need to pay more attention to them GPS devices & figure why every morning there are at least 10 city trucks on Westside ave between Virginia & Clarke having breakfast on tax payers time & money!!!
I think they should be out there plowing snow the last few days!!!

Next time you see them call the J.C.I.A. or better yet question the director when he comes to speak at your neighborhood association meeting. Lets call those who deserve it on the carpet.

Posted on: 2014/2/20 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
They need to pay more attention to them GPS devices & figure why every morning there are at least 10 city trucks on Westside ave between Virginia & Clarke having breakfast on tax payers time & money!!!
I think they should be out there plowing snow the last few days!!!

Posted on: 2014/2/20 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
What's the bet some of these guys were employed through the felon program of re-employment!

The sad part is, that even where there are people in Public Works that actually may WANT to work, the senior guys who drive the trucks can and do actually prevent that because they themselves are lazy. I used to work in the DPW in the shore town where I used to live, and this happened ALL the time. I can't imagine it being any different here.

Yea ur right! Its the seniors who drive so now I'm sure they'll come up with another scam. Maybe the senior will get dropped off & make the junior guy drive around so the GPS picks up the truck moving & (working).
The re-employment guys seem to be cleaning the sidewalks & streets & seem to be ok...except for one I've seen on Mallory by McDonalds with the blue trashcan marked DPW. All he does is stand around, never saw him sweep a thing. I've observed him pickup a bag of trash & rebag it in the green bags they use. Pretty slick, looks like he actually picked up all that trash , lol. Piece of trash!

Posted on: 2013/8/15 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
What's the bet some of these guys were employed through the felon program of re-employment!

The sad part is, that even where there are people in Public Works that actually may WANT to work, the senior guys who drive the trucks can and do actually prevent that because they themselves are lazy. I used to work in the DPW in the shore town where I used to live, and this happened ALL the time. I can't imagine it being any different here.

Posted on: 2013/8/15 13:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Its about time they gon track the DPW trucks. Maybe they can figure why there's about 5 or 6 at a time driving around doing nothing.
Most mornings they can find some DPW trucks & the crews on WestSide Ave geting breakfast for about an hr or so & then maybe they can find out why there's the DPW trucks "hiding out" behind the Hudson Mall at times.
When this happens, will they expose all these theifs also from stealing taxpayers $$ & doing nothing.
How did they create so many "phantom jobs" for these workers to be hiding or driving around all day?
I know my area needs catchbasins cleaned out & swept & trees trimmes & pavement cracks repaired...plenty of work to get done/started on now that they can be tracked.
THANK YOU STEVE FULOP!!!

Posted on: 2013/8/15 9:47
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Its about time they gon track the DPW trucks. Maybe they can figure why there's about 5 or 6 at a time driving around doing nothing.
Most mornings they can find some DPW trucks & the crews on WestSide Ave geting breakfast for about an hr or so & then maybe they can find out why there's the DPW trucks "hiding out" behind the Hudson Mall at times.
When this happens, will they expose all these theifs also from stealing taxpayers $$ & doing nothing.
How did they create so many "phantom jobs" for these workers to be hiding or driving around all day?
I know my area needs catchbasins cleaned out & swept & trees trimmes & pavement cracks repaired...plenty of work to get done/started on now that they can be tracked.
THANK YOU STEVE FULOP!!!

Posted on: 2013/8/15 6:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.silentpassenger.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f

http://www.vehicletracking.com/

These are the two links from the system manufactuer and the installation company of the GPS devices.

Posted on: 2013/8/14 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
First tracker should go on the White JCPA Ford Explorer... You can find this car and it's driver grocery shopping at
shoprite.

Posted on: 2013/8/14 15:04

Jersey City Using GPS Devices to Track City Vehicles, Cut Down on Abuse, & Increase Accountability
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
JERSEY CITY ? Mayor Steven M. Fulop and the Department of Public Works announce the installation of GPS devices in city vehicles to eliminate personal use by employees, increase accountability and cut down on fuel expenses.

The first phase, which is a 30-day test run at no cost to the taxpayers, involves the installation of the GPS devices in 20 DPW vehicles. The second phase ? which has already been approved ? will result in the expansion of the program to 95 vehicles used by the Department of Public Works, followed by full expansion to the Police Department and other city agencies

?We know past administration?s have fostered a culture of entitlement and abuse by employees of city vehicles and we are taking every measure to ensure an end to that abuse,? said Mayor Fulop. ?With this program we are creating mechanisms for accountability. Any employee who takes a city vehicle outside of city bounds or uses it for a purpose other than city business, we will know and we will discipline such behavior.?

The GPS system being used by the City is the ?Silent Passenger GPS Fleet Management System? from Vehicle Tracking Solutions, LLC of Deer Park, NY. This system is a cutting-edge fleet management program that makes it easy to effectively and efficiently monitor city owned vehicles at all times, allowing directors to track time of movement, ignition and activity.

The system integrates detailed, up-to-date maps from Microsoft Bing with real-time traffic information and turn-by-turn directions. As an effective vehicle management tool, it tracks vehicle statistics, including total drive time, stop time, hours driven, routes taken and idle time for the day while tracking and locating a vehicle?s current location on an interactive map in real time. It also allows email and text alerts in real time and it can customize reports by vehicles and departments.

The GPS system can also creates geofences and landmarks allowing the DPW to set a radius and be notified when vehicles enter or exit a designated area marked or a vehicle goes outside the city?s boundaries. There is also a Vehicle Maintenance Module which monitors oil changes, inspections and other routine vehicle maintenance.

?Already this GPS program has helped eliminate wasteful vehicle idling times thereby reducing fuel consumption,? said Mayor Fulop. ?It has also eliminated unauthorized stops and after-hour usage by city employees and has greatly improved productivity while creating efficiency and accountability throughout the Department of Public Works.?

Posted on: 2013/8/14 14:45

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017