Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Caught local package thief in my building. (video)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/5/17 15:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Talk to your councilperson and demand action (sounds like yours is Boggiano?)

Posted on: 2013/7/31 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/7/31 16:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/1 21:19
From JSQ
Group:
Registered Users
Very disappointed that the cops have not followed up with me about this incident.

Who can I send this to to get some some real results?

Posted on: 2013/7/31 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
I wonder if this is the same guy who was discussed extensively in another thread a couple years ago, with the teardrop tattoos, who has been arrested numerous times already.

That's not him. Luckily for him and our neighborhood I have not seen him in DTJC for a long time. I helped throw his ass in jail once and I'll do it again if necessary. And it's true that these guys only get 30-90 days. I have put 9 people in jail for various thefts in DTJC where items are left in plain sight on stoops. Some of the arrests were for burglarizing cars. The people actually buzzing these crooks into their buildings is inexcusable laziness and selfishness.

Posted on: 2013/7/23 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
I never installed buzzers in my buildings for this reason. The buildings are small, you can come down and open the door for your guests.

Now if I could just get my tenants to lock the deadbolts to the laundry room (accessed from outside) and the main door into the common hallway.

Quote:

heights wrote:
I'd replace the buzzer system with security cameras. If you have a visitor hoof it down to the door and let them in yourself. How could you just buzz someone in unknowingly ?

Posted on: 2013/7/23 13:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I'd replace the buzzer system with security cameras. If you have a visitor hoof it down to the door and let them in yourself. How could you just buzz someone in unknowingly ?

Posted on: 2013/7/23 12:04
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

caj11 wrote:

He probably has been to jail before... but because he's not considered a violent criminal and because this probably falls under the "petty crime" classification, so I'm guessing he serves short sentences (like 30 days) and then is released provided he behaves himself while in jail.

Excellent insight. Thanks for sharing! Good to see someone who knows what they're talking about.

Posted on: 2013/7/23 3:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

TheJSQuare wrote:
Caught this guy taking one of my packages, which he dumped in the garbage because it was of no interest to him.

I was able to sift through my building's surveillance and pull together the footage of the thief getting himself buzzed into the building, meandering around, and taking the packages.

I handed the video clip off to the police, who have told me they are going to make an arrest this week. They recognize the guy. He's been stealing packages for a while, but with video evidence, they were able to get a warrant.

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7fshtSXgRY

Just a warning to the residents of Jersey City, to NOT buzz strangers into your buildings. This could happen to any of you.

Also, I've advised my super that putting deliveries in the window was a terrible idea.

if he has been stealing packages for a while...why is he not in jail?

He probably has been to jail before... but because he's not considered a violent criminal and because this probably falls under the "petty crime" classification, so I'm guessing he serves short sentences (like 30 days) and then is released provided he behaves himself while in jail.

Posted on: 2013/7/23 2:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Whoever buzzed him in should also be kicked in the ass and be brought into account.
I'd post a picture of the guy / incident in the lobby and have a caption that highlights the danger of buzzing in a stranger with a note: Don't buzz in people you don't personally know - meet them physically at the entry door instead

Posted on: 2013/7/23 2:30
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheJSQuare wrote:
Caught this guy taking one of my packages, which he dumped in the garbage because it was of no interest to him.

I was able to sift through my building's surveillance and pull together the footage of the thief getting himself buzzed into the building, meandering around, and taking the packages.

I handed the video clip off to the police, who have told me they are going to make an arrest this week. They recognize the guy. He's been stealing packages for a while, but with video evidence, they were able to get a warrant.

Here's the video:

Just a warning to the residents of Jersey City, to NOT buzz strangers into your buildings. This could happen to any of you.

Also, I've advised my super that putting deliveries in the window was a terrible idea.

if he has been stealing packages for a while...why is he not in jail?

Posted on: 2013/7/23 2:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder if this is the same guy who was discussed extensively in another thread a couple years ago, with the teardrop tattoos, who has been arrested numerous times already.

Posted on: 2013/7/23 1:42

Caught local package thief in my building. (video)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/1 21:19
From JSQ
Group:
Registered Users

Here's the video:

Posted on: 2013/7/23 1:25

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017