Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: June 4th Primary Elections! What are they and Who's running?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Full results expected in the next day or two, I think.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
So what were the results?

Posted on: 2013/6/5 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Team Fulop committee people won most of the districts in Ward B. We also won many of the Ward E districts, and some Ward F - though I do not have the full picture on F.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 4:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
No surprises in Hudson County on primary night

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
June 04, 2013 at 10:05 PM

It was a drama-free primary election night in Hudson County tonight, with the Hudson County Democratic Organization-backed candidates sweeping the state Senate and Assembly races over lesser known challengers.

In the state Senate races, incumbent Democratic state senators Sandra B. Cunningham (31st Legislative District) and Brian Stack (33rd Legislative District) ran unopposed. They are both seeking their third terms in the Nov. 5 General Election.

State Sen. Nicholas Sacco, meanwhile, has won handily over challenger Francisco Torres. Sacco, who is also the North Bergen mayor, is seeking his seventh term representing the 32nd Legislative District.

Sacco tonight won 9,596 votes to Torres 1,265.

The three Republicans seeking to unseat the three Democrats in November (Maria Karczewski, Paul Castelli and James Sanford) all ran unopposed. They will face Cunningham, Sacco and Stack in November.

The winners in today?s Democratic primaries are widely expected to win their races in November in this largely Democratic county.

In the Assembly races, incumbent Assemblymen Charles Mainor and Jason O?Donnell ran unopposed in the 31st Legislative District, which encompasses Bayonne and parts of Jersey City.

Assemblyman Vincent Prieto and Assemblywoman Angelica Jimenez won a spot in the general election, where they will seek re-election to the 32nd Legislative District, which includes East Newark, Guttenberg, Harrison, Kearny, North Bergen, Secaucus and West New York, plus Edgewater and Fairview in Bergen County.

Prieto and Jimenez were being challenged by Democrats Myra Dominguez and Ines P. Serna. The incumbents each won about 9,000 votes, while their challengers didn't garner over 1,300 apiece.

In the 33rd Legislative District, which encompasses Hoboken, Union City, Weehawken and parts of Jersey City, first-time Assembly candidates Carmelo Garcia (executive director of the Hoboken Housing Authority) and Raj Mukherji (a Jersey City deputy mayor) won over fellow Democrats Peter Basso, John Hilt IV, Anthony Mills and Hoboken Councilman Ravinder S. Bhalla.

With most precincts reporting, Garcia won 9,933 votes and Mukherji 8,989, while their closest opponent, Basso, grabbed only 1,365.

On the Republican side, Maria Malavasi-Quartello and Lee Marie Gomez ran unopposed in the 32nd district, as did Jude Anthony Tiscornia and Armando Hernandez in the 33rd district.

In the 31st district, Republicans Gerard Pizzillo and Juanita Lopez won over Michael Alonso and Tony Zanowic.

There was also a primary in the race for Hudson County Sheriff. Both Democrat Frank X. Schillari, the incumbent, and Republican challenger Fernando F. Villar Jr. ran unopposed.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _county.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/6/5 3:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
This is the Hudson County Clerks results site:

http://www.hudsoncountyclerk.org/cgi-bin/election.pl

(it doesn't go down to commitee seat candidates if that is what you are looking for)

The JJ also said they would have results when available:

www.nj.com/hudson

Posted on: 2013/6/4 23:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/21 2:00
Group:
Registered Users
Can someone post the link for election results? Thanks.

Posted on: 2013/6/4 23:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

Voter turnout for the primary election has been very low so far today at School 11 on Bergen Avenue off Journal Square.

?It?s so so slow,? said one poll worker at the school, where just over 100 votes were cast between 6 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.

?It?s a little boring, but we are staying away,? said another worker, adding that the pace of voting is expected to pick up when residents get out of work this evening.

Votes are being cast at the school for races for governor, sheriff and 31st District Senate and Assembly primary races. Several of the races are uncontested.

Posted on: 2013/6/4 21:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Vote tonight!

Polls close at 8PM

Posted on: 2013/6/4 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

getz011 wrote:
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Everyone can make a difference in coming out to cast a vote for their local committee man & woman. Each district (usually a block or two in size) gets to choose one man & one woman. Team Fulop is trying to get as many of our people voted in on these roles as possible in order to try to start building a better HCDO. We get to vote for the new leadership, and that can affect assistance and cooperation that Mayor Fulop receives. So even if it doesn't sound like it affects you, its a big help to Fulop if you help get as many of his people in there as possible by coming out to vote. The ballot positions are way down at the bottom center in the #'s 16 & 17 area.

Plus, Team Fulop is seeking to make these committee seats more active in their respective districts to improve everyone's communication with the administration. So if you all get out to vote for us, it really will help.

Just an FYI - don't plan to vote for local committee members today via provisional ballot. I planned to cast a provisional this morning because I wasn't able to get my mail-in ballot off in time. The ballot I received at the station did *not* include candidates for local committee (which was actually the main reason I was voting).

The poll workers didn't know that local committees were even on the ballot today and tried to convince me that I was thinking mistakenly of next week's runoff election. (I wound up finding someone who could drop off my mail-in ballot at the BOE.)

We've gotten reports of the poll workers screwing this up. If you need to vote provisional, ask them to give you the GREEN piece of paper, which has the committee candidates on it, with your ballot. If they are still confused, call the BOE on the spot. Workers can give you that number.

Posted on: 2013/6/4 20:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jklm wrote:
Quote:

murican wrote:
Team Fulop candidates occupy ballot positions 16C & 17C for committeepersons,
See here for a complete listing of Team Fulop commitee seat candidates http://stevenfulop.com/committee

Quote:

jklm wrote:
Quote:

murican wrote:
Vote today 6am-8pm.
Fulop supported committeepersons are in Row C in the bottom two slots of the ballot.

Column C is empty. Rows are listed by number. What are the names you are referring to?

Ward E

E1 Irina Bereznaya
E2 Stephanie Daniels & Peter O'Reilly
E3 Bradley Tishman
E6 Michelle Timek & Robert Zuckerman
E7 Evette Gaetan
E8 Steven Sanders
E10 Robert McHugh
E11 Lawrence Cappoli
E12 Frank Scalcione & Ellen Simon
E13 Patricia Andes & Eric Fleming
E14 Taryn Boland & Dale Hardman
E15 Elizabeth Beaver & David Weltz
E17 Leda Duif & Stuart Culpepper
E18 Andrea Gaines & Philip Rivo
E19 Debbie Davis & Samuel Stoia
E20 Arie Sladowsky & Bonnie Sladowsky
E23 Robert Rafford

I live in District 9 - am I to assume there are no committee candidates running for my district? - and this would explain why my sample ballot is sparse.

You could write yourself in as a write-in candidate. Its a pretty easy role. :)

Posted on: 2013/6/4 20:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Don't forget to vote today.

Posted on: 2013/6/4 19:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/4 17:04
Group:
Registered Users
COLUMN C ALL THE WAY!

Thanks for VOTING 16C & 17C for me and Eric Fleming in E13.

Please Vote for Peter Basso for Assembly, 3C.

Posted on: 2013/6/4 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jklm wrote:
Quote:

murican wrote:
See here for a complete listing of Team Fulop commitee seat candidates http://stevenfulop.com/committee

Quote:

jklm wrote:
Quote:

murican wrote:
Vote today 6am-8pm.
Fulop supported committeepersons are in Row C in the bottom two slots of the ballot.

Column C is empty. Rows are listed by number. What are the names you are referring to?

Ward E

E1 Irina Bereznaya
E3 Bradley Tishman
E7 Evette Gaetan
E8 Steven Sanders
E10 Robert McHugh
E11 Lawrence Cappoli
E23 Robert Rafford

I live in District 9 - am I to assume there are no committee candidates running for my district? - and this would explain why my sample ballot is sparse.

Yes, that would explain it.

Posted on: 2013/6/4 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

murican wrote:

Quote:

jklm wrote:
Quote:

murican wrote:
Vote today 6am-8pm.

Ward E

E1 Irina Bereznaya
E3 Bradley Tishman
E7 Evette Gaetan
E8 Steven Sanders
E10 Robert McHugh
E11 Lawrence Cappoli
E23 Robert Rafford

Posted on: 2013/6/4 14:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Everyone can make a difference in coming out to cast a vote for their local committee man & woman. Each district (usually a block or two in size) gets to choose one man & one woman. Team Fulop is trying to get as many of our people voted in on these roles as possible in order to try to start building a better HCDO. We get to vote for the new leadership, and that can affect assistance and cooperation that Mayor Fulop receives. So even if it doesn't sound like it affects you, its a big help to Fulop if you help get as many of his people in there as possible by coming out to vote. The ballot positions are way down at the bottom center in the #'s 16 & 17 area.

Plus, Team Fulop is seeking to make these committee seats more active in their respective districts to improve everyone's communication with the administration. So if you all get out to vote for us, it really will help.

Just an FYI - don't plan to vote for local committee members today via provisional ballot. I planned to cast a provisional this morning because I wasn't able to get my mail-in ballot off in time. The ballot I received at the station did *not* include candidates for local committee (which was actually the main reason I was voting).

The poll workers didn't know that local committees were even on the ballot today and tried to convince me that I was thinking mistakenly of next week's runoff election. (I wound up finding someone who could drop off my mail-in ballot at the BOE.)

Posted on: 2013/6/4 14:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Its the very bottom row, in the middle when you look down and read the ballot from left to right.

Posted on: 2013/6/4 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

jklm wrote:
Quote:

murican wrote:
Vote today 6am-8pm.

Posted on: 2013/6/4 13:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

murican wrote:
Vote today 6am-8pm.

Posted on: 2013/6/4 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Vote today 6am-8pm.

Posted on: 2013/6/4 11:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bjay wrote:
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Everyone can make a difference in coming out to cast a vote for their local committee man & woman. Each district (usually a block or two in size) gets to choose one man & one woman. Team Fulop is trying to get as many of our people voted in on these roles as possible in order to try to start building a better HCDO. We get to vote for the new leadership, and that can affect assistance and cooperation that Mayor Fulop receives.

OK, that makes sense.

What about all those people running unopposed for other seats? Is there any political benefit to withholding a vote for them?

Are you asking about the other jobs, like Sheriff, State Committee, etc.? If so, I know of no benefit to witholding. And to be very honest, I don't know much about the state level candidates myself - still learning. But at the city level - voting for your committee people from Team Fulop should help our new Mayor Elect, and your district as we have all pledged to bring back that local block level of support for residents.

Posted on: 2013/6/3 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/25 21:48
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Everyone can make a difference in coming out to cast a vote for their local committee man & woman. Each district (usually a block or two in size) gets to choose one man & one woman. Team Fulop is trying to get as many of our people voted in on these roles as possible in order to try to start building a better HCDO. We get to vote for the new leadership, and that can affect assistance and cooperation that Mayor Fulop receives.

OK, that makes sense.

What about all those people running unopposed for other seats? Is there any political benefit to withholding a vote for them?

Posted on: 2013/6/3 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeZ wrote:
I just received my sample ballot and can't believe how confusing it is.

Yes, there are a lot of roles up for election...a lot of names.

The committee people are along the very bottom row,with Team Fulop people in ballot positions 16C & 17C. Please come out to vote.

Posted on: 2013/6/3 16:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/5 15:16
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I just received my sample ballot and can't believe how confusing it is.

Posted on: 2013/6/3 15:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/6/1 22:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
For both parties there are primaries for governor, though the outcomes are not in doubt.

There are also primaries for members of the state senate and assembly, (though many are unopposed) and for sheriff (both parties nominees are unopposed).

Both parties are selecting members of their state committees (some unopposed).

The Democrats are also electing member of the county committee and in many races it is Team Fulop vs. Team Healy.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 19:47
I live by the river.

June 4th Primary Elections! What are they and Who's running?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
Hello all! I didn't see this in the Forum so I am hoping that people would add information here.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 17:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017