Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City men help detain teen trying to burglarize car (5th and Coles)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sure next time they will just politely ask for his ID before they execute the citizens arrest.

Quote:

heights wrote:

Don't they call that a citizens arrest ? But when age is questionable it may be best to leave any apprenhension to the professionals whether it be a senior citizen or anyone under 18[/quote]

Posted on: 2013/5/13 11:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

I hope he got punched in the face.

I hope his trigger finger was made unfunctionable and that he was rendered sterile by repeated kicks to the testicles.

Just curious - can our neigbors be charged with any crime for holding the guy against his will?

Don't they call that a citizens arrest ? But when age is questionable it may be best to leave any apprenhension to the professionals whether it be a senior citizen or anyone under 18

Posted on: 2013/5/13 11:30
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Stephen Musgrave, he's so dreamy. My hero!

Posted on: 2013/5/13 11:29
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

I hope his trigger finger was made unfunctionable and that he was rendered sterile by repeated kicks to the testicles.

Just curious - can our neigbors be charged with any crime for holding the guy against his will?

Posted on: 2013/5/13 11:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/14 15:55
Group:
Registered Users
Good to hear about neighbors getting involved to help one another. Glad they caught the him. So sad that a 17 year old is going around trying to steal things and assaulting people, especially if he is doing this to his neighbors.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 11:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
By Aiyana Cronk/The Jersey Journal
on May 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM, updated May 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM

A 17-year-old Jersey City teen?s attempt to rob a parked car on 5th Street hit a snag when six city men detained him until police arrived on the scene.

The teen went inside an unattended car outside Rustique Pizza on Jersey City to take items from the console when the car?s owner spotted him.

?What are you doing inside my car?? the man said, according to a police report.

The teen then turned and punched the 53-year-old in the face, the report says.

A witness who had been walking past saw and, while walking down 5th Street toward Coles Street, alerted a group of men that included David Shumbris, of 5th Street, and Stephen Musgrave, of 2nd Street.

"A woman came up the street saying she was calling the police and something happened by the pizza place, so I ran down with Stephen? and another friend, Shumbris said.

When the three men arrived on the scene, they found three other Good Samaritans helping to detain the teen, they said.

"After we scooted down the block, I saw all this fuzz going on. I saw the owner of Rustique and then the kid with three guys piled on him," Musgrave said.

The 17-year-old was charged with robbery and burglary, and was taken to the Youth House in Secaucus, the police report says.

"There was something that was somewhat casual and cavalier about him trying to rob someone in the daylight,? Musgrave said. ?But once he was caught, sadness befell me.?

Resized Image

Stephen Musgrave, of 2nd Street, helped to detain a 17-year-old who attempted to rob a car outside of Rustique Pizza on Jersey Avenue, on May 8, 2013. Aiyana Cronk/The Jersey Journal
Resized Image

David Shumbris, of 5th Street, helped to detain a 17-year-old who attempted to rob a car outside of Rustique Pizza on Jersey Avenue, on May 8, 2013. Aiyana Cronk/The Jersey Journal
Resized Image

A 17-year-old attempted to rob a car outside of Rustique Pizza on Jersey Avenue before being caught by community members, on May 8, 2013. Aiyana Cronk/The Jersey Journal

Posted on: 2013/5/13 2:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Great Job!

Posted on: 2013/5/13 0:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Good job, neighbors! Thanks for stepping up to help!

Posted on: 2013/5/12 23:31

Jersey City men help detain teen trying to burglarize car (5th and Coles)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
By Aiyana Cronk/The Jersey Journal
on May 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM, updated May 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM

A 17-year-old Jersey City teen?s attempt to rob a parked car on 5th Street hit a snag when six city men detained him until police arrived on the scene.

The teen went inside an unattended car outside Rustique Pizza on Jersey City to take items from the console when the car?s owner spotted him.

?What are you doing inside my car?? the man said, according to a police report.

The teen then turned and punched the 53-year-old in the face, the report says.

A witness who had been walking past saw and, while walking down 5th Street toward Coles Street, alerted a group of men that included David Shumbris, of 5th Street, and Stephen Musgrave, of 2nd Street.

"A woman came up the street saying she was calling the police and something happened by the pizza place, so I ran down with Stephen? and another friend, Shumbris said.

When the three men arrived on the scene, they found three other Good Samaritans helping to detain the teen, they said.

"After we scooted down the block, I saw all this fuzz going on. I saw the owner of Rustique and then the kid with three guys piled on him," Musgrave said.

The 17-year-old was charged with robbery and burglary, and was taken to the Youth House in Secaucus, the police report says.

"There was something that was somewhat casual and cavalier about him trying to rob someone in the daylight,? Musgrave said. ?But once he was caught, sadness befell me.?

Resized Image

Stephen Musgrave, of 2nd Street, helped to detain a 17-year-old who attempted to rob a car outside of Rustique Pizza on Jersey Avenue, on May 8, 2013. Aiyana Cronk/The Jersey Journal
Resized Image

David Shumbris, of 5th Street, helped to detain a 17-year-old who attempted to rob a car outside of Rustique Pizza on Jersey Avenue, on May 8, 2013. Aiyana Cronk/The Jersey Journal
Resized Image

A 17-year-old attempted to rob a car outside of Rustique Pizza on Jersey Avenue before being caught by community members, on May 8, 2013. Aiyana Cronk/The Jersey Journal

Posted on: 2013/5/12 23:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017