Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Café owned by Jersey City candidate operating without mandatory certificate
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/28 0:17
Group:
Registered Users
I was by last night and the doors are still open. I guess that permit is optional - "we're checking into it."

If anybody remembers the place with its previous name (the "Corner Pocket"), the bar was a bucket of blood, with regular shootings, stabbings, and a body count probably unequaled in the city. Unfortunately this is Mr. Robinson's past. He WAS MANAGING that blight in partnership with his father.

So I guess we should all be glad that now he's just ignoring heath and buildings ordinances.

Posted on: 2013/3/27 13:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sepecat wrote:
I doubt they got the proper permits to do such work ... Doing whatever you want seems to be norm in jersey city..

...if you're in the pocket of the current administration.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I have seen a place convert itself to half pizzeria and cafe overnight. I doubt they got the proper permits to do such work ... Doing whatever you want seems to be norm in jersey city..

Posted on: 2013/3/22 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Attention to detail is what this city needs - If this dude can't even get his own act in order, how on earth can he help manage a city. How on earth is he going to manage his cafe and attend cityhall duties and activities.

This article highlights he can't multi-skill and has a VERY poor memory plus has the appearance that he is not prepared to pay his way and follow regulations - He has the same qualities as Healy !

do you seriously think this was a case of dude not paying attention to detail? more like dude knowing he's above the law, as an F.O.J.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 21:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Attention to detail is what this city needs - If this dude can't even get his own act in order, how on earth can he help manage a city. How on earth is he going to manage his cafe and attend cityhall duties and activities.

This article highlights he can't multi-skill and has a VERY poor memory plus has the appearance that he is not prepared to pay his way and follow regulations - He has the same qualities as Healy !

Posted on: 2013/3/21 21:20
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/11 5:14
Group:
Registered Users
Just watch the Building Department spring into action on this application. I'll bet we find out that the paperwork was "lost" and uncovered and processed today, thanks to the Fulop team bringing it to their attention.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 19:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Jermaine is a nice enough guy, but just like the mayor he is not leadership material. Can't get his act together.

Quick Mayor Healy: issue him a permit!

Posted on: 2013/3/21 19:30
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Café owned by Jersey City candidate operating without mandatory certificate
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Caf? owned by Jersey City candidate operating without mandatory certificate

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
on March 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM, updated March 21, 2013 at 3:00 PM

The Jersey City caf? owned by the Ward F City Council candidate on Mayor Jerramiah Healy?s slate has been operating without a certificate of occupancy for nearly two years, city records show.

Jermaine Robinson, the cafe's owner and Healy?s pick to run in Ward F in the May citywide election, seemed surprised when confronted with the city records this week.

?I?m going to have to check into this,? Robinson said.

Robinson, 37, is seeking the Ward F council seat on May 14, when the mayoralty and all nine council seats are up for grabs. A political newcomer, he will face four other candidates, including incumbent Councilwoman Diane Coleman.

City records show the city hasn?t made final inspections on the residential units that sit above the caf? and lounge. Robinson said he lives in one of those units.

The caf? opened on Randolph Avenue in the summer of 2011

The city issued a temporary certificate of occupancy for the caf? on May 26, 2011 and it expired 90 days later, records show.

Robinson said this week that it took four years to renovate the caf? and residential units enough just to receive the temporary certificate of occupancy.

The campaign of Healy rival Councilman Steve Fulop issued a statement saying it wasn?t surprised to hear that one of Healy?s running mates ?has no regard for the law.?

"It almost doesn't need to be said, but anyone who is running for public office shouldn't be breaking the laws of the city,? said Coleman, who is running for re-election on Fulop?s slate.

A request for comment from the Healy campaign was not returned.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_election_2013_cafe.html

Posted on: 2013/3/21 19:23

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017