Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: I just got out of the hospital
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kellyh wrote:
Any word if police have any leads for the attack mentioned in the first post? What a horrible time of year for someone to have to go through that.

The first post was a joke, but then took on a life of its own with the home invasions. The first poster was invaded by Santa and his ho...

Posted on: 2012/12/27 2:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kellyh wrote:
Any word if police have any leads for the attack mentioned in the first post?

I stopped reading that post when the author stated he fended off a home invasion but hurt himself falling on his car...

Posted on: 2012/12/27 2:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/25 1:25
Group:
Banned
Any word if police have any leads for the attack mentioned in the first post? What a horrible time of year for someone to have to go through that.

Posted on: 2012/12/27 1:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 18:03
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
If you are tired of being fed the blue pill by mainstream media here is another perspective - the theory that perscription drugs are the main problem causing people to do insane things.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=215268

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/985865

Posted on: 2012/12/26 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
Do people not realize that the original post was a joke?

Posted on: 2012/12/26 20:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
i don't see why this post should be deleted..this is important news.

Posted on: 2012/12/26 20:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Delete this thread? Bring down property values? Not a random act of violence? (so it is OK???) Home invasions only happen involving drug dealers or gangs?

So yes let?s keep the crime problem in JC quiet just like in the burbs. The crime in JC is horrible! Who cares how this thread was started please let the real crime picture in JC out of the bag. JCPD COMPSTAT November reported crimes city wide 560. Jersey Journal November reported on crimes 10.

Ok to please everyone? here is a JC house invasion story NOT involving drugs, gangs, inside jobs, Santa, property values, etc. In yet another section of JC besides the ones mentioned before.

87-year-old Jersey City woman tied to stair post during home invasion, police say
Published: Tuesday, December 20, 2011, 12:39 PM
Updated: Wednesday, December 21, 2011, 8:51 AM
By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

JERSEY CITY ? An 87-year-old Highland Avenue woman had her hands tied to a stair post during a home invasion last week that has left the woman ?extremely shaken up,? according to police.

Cops nabbed the alleged attacker within three days, arresting Ronnie McMillan, 51, of Martin Luther King Dr., and charging him with robbery, burglary, kidnapping and a weapons offense.

The victim told police she arrived home last Tuesday to find a man, later identified as McMillan, standing directly inside her home?s side door, according to a police report. McMillan asked the victim for water ?because he was thirsty,? and then asked for tape for a broken cell phone, reports said.

The victim complied, giving him a glass of water, and then she opened a cabinet drawer to grab a pair of scissors, according to reports. McMillan snatched the scissors from her, becoming aggressive as he pointed them at the victim, reports said.

?Gimme your money ? don?t scream ? or I?ll stab you,? he told the victim, according to police.

McMillan then began searching the woman?s pockets and rummaging through her purse, police said.

The scenario then turned even more nightmarish for the victim, as McMillan pulled a coaxial cable from the wall and started to tie the woman?s hands with it, police said.
?I know you?re going to call the police as soon as I leave,? he told the victim, police said.

McMillan was unsuccessful tying the woman?s hands with the cable, so he used some twine to bind her hands to a stair post before fleeing the house, police said.

The woman freed herself in about 15 minutes and called the police, according to reports.

Police identified McMillan using video footage recovered from a surveillance camera on Bergen Avenue. An officer recognized McMillan from a photo of him taken after a previous arrest, and officers located him and arrested him on Friday, Dec. 16.

During an interview with police, McMillan admitted to being on Highland Avenue at the time of the home invasion ?to visit a friend,? but could not offer an address of his friend?s residence, police said.

McMillan spent nearly seven years in prison on robbery charges, and was released in August 2004, according to the state Department of Corrections. He also had an outstanding arrest warrant out of Newark, police said.

The victim is ?extremely, extremely shaken up,? according to a police source.

JJ piece?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ld_jersey_city_woman.html

Posted on: 2012/12/26 18:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
The Heights murders were an inside job done by tenants that were not properly screened. Don't make it out to be a ramdom act of violence it could drive down property values.

Exactly!

Quote:
Mod, please delete this crap. This is some anonymous crap that is making its rounds on many local boards, only the town's name is changed.

so much for freedom of speech...

Posted on: 2012/12/26 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Hey MDM you don?t have to go outside of JC to read about horrible crimes. Remember the Armanious family massacre in the heights? Sad.

They were just down the street from me. I actually ran face to face into one of the killers (he wasn't under arrest yet) calmly moving his belongings out of the building.

Posted on: 2012/12/26 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Mod, please delete this crap. This is some anonymous crap that is making its rounds on many local boards, only the town's name is changed.

Posted on: 2012/12/26 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
The Heights murders were an inside job done by tenants that were not properly screened. Don't make it out to be a ramdom act of violence it could drive down property values.

Posted on: 2012/12/26 17:34
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Hey MDM you don?t have to go outside of JC to read about horrible crimes. Remember the Armanious family massacre in the heights? Sad.

The Armanious family massacre was the murder of a Coptic Christian immigrant family who lived in Jersey City. On January 14, 2005, Hossam Armanious, 47, his wife Amal Garas, 37, and two daughters, Sylvia, 15, and Monica, 8, were found murdered in their home. After being bound, the family died of stab wounds to their heads, necks and bodies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armanious_family_massacre

2 Robbers Killed Jersey City Family of 4, Prosecutor Says
By ROBERT D. McFADDEN and JOHN HOLL
Published: March 5, 2005

Two former convicts, including an upstairs tenant of the victims, were charged yesterday with binding, gagging and cutting the throats of four members of an Egyptian Coptic Christian family last January in what prosecutors called a robbery that went awry in their Jersey City home.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage ... 13DF936A35750C0A9639C8B63

A friend of mine had an elderly tenant living on the first floor of his two family house around JSq. The woman would go grocery shopping and transport her bags one by one from car to house. As she was making a trip into the house from her car a guy ran into her house knocking her down and put a huge knife to her neck inside of the front door. He told her to be quiet and she wouldn?t get hurt. Well she started to scream at the top of her lungs. Luckily a PSE&G guy just came out of a building across the street. He bravely ran toward the screaming. As the PSE&G guy approached the bad guy ran off getting nothing and not harming the woman.

PS ? and like I always say ..you can?t judge the amount of crime taking place in JC from what you read in the JJ. Just look at the JCPD COMPSTAT reports (http://www.njjcpd.org/node/5 ) for the number of monthly crimes in JC versus the one or two that are reported in the JJ each week. As an example city wide in November 2012 JC had 560 reported crimes there were probably ten reported in the JJ for November.

Posted on: 2012/12/26 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
my response is to the kicking in of homes... most of my neighbors been here 40 plus years and never experienced such nonsense.

I know of two incidents. The first was near me (Heights): Two perps broke into a home by pushing in the window A/C. The woman who was home was beaten when she came face to face with the perps. I don't think they thought anyone was at home.

The second one happened in one my properties, years back (near St. Peters College). Not violent thankfully. My tenant had walked back into his apartment from the backyard. He didn't lock the door because he was planning to go back out. He turns around and there is a guy standing behind him. He freezes, not sure what to do. The guy puts his finger to his lips and says, "Shhhhh! I am hiding from the poleeeeece!"

My tenant's two dogs were a little more proactive. They barked up a storm and charged the guy. He left back out through the backdoor and was apprehended by the cops who were looking for him.

As for general statistics, its hard to gauge since many states don't categorize crimes under 'home invasion', so it is not readily available from sources like the FBI crime stats. However, there have been some rather horrible incidents of home invasion. One of the worst, many of you probably never heard about;

http://www.wichita-massacre.com/

Another group of thugs tried copy-cat the crime about 3 years ago, but were thwarted when their intended victims opened fired.

?They just came in and separated the men from the women and said, ?Give me your wallets and cell phones,?? said George Williams of the College Park Police Department.

Bailey said the gunmen started counting bullets. ?The other guy asked how many (bullets) he had. He said he had enough,? said Bailey.

That?s when one student grabbed a gun out of a backpack and shot at the invader who was watching the men. The gunman ran out of the apartment.

The student then ran to the room where the second gunman, identified by police as 23-year-old Calvin Lavant, was holding the women.

?Apparently the guy was getting ready to rape his girlfriend. So he told the girls to get down and he started shooting. The guy jumped out of the window,? said Bailey.

Then there was this case from not long ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire,_Connecticut,_home_invasion_murders

Pics of the guys who committed the home invasion and murder:

Posted on: 2012/12/26 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
yes, I think we all got it, Santa and his Ho :) my response is to the kicking in of homes... most of my neighbors been here 40 plus years and never experienced such nonsense.

We are not walking around town with shotguns. I like reading the JJ from time to time, but when they put Greenville, or JC in their headlines with tags like home invasion, shotgun, masked men, you have to think about it, this does not happen regularly to everyday folks.... Don't believe the hype.

Posted on: 2012/12/26 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Drugs or no drugs stuff like this has been going on for years all over JC. Here are some December 2012 hits.

(if I had a 100 bucks of pot and got robbed I would NOT tell the cops..duh)

Jersey City man held on $150,000 bail in home invasion robbery

By Michaelangelo Conte Jersey Journal
on December 20, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Bail was set at $150,000 cash or bond when a Jersey City man charged in a home invasion and armed robbery of cash and marijuana made his first court appearance yesterday.

Chaz Morris, 21, of Chapel Avenue, is charged in Monday?s armed robbery on Logan Avenue in which the victim told police two gunmen robbed him of $300 in cash and $100 worth of marijuana, officials said.

Police say Morris had 11 bags of suspected marijuana at the time of his arrest and they charged him with four drug counts, including possession with intent to distribute near a school and near public property, the criminal complaint says. Finally, Morris is charged with weapons offenses related to a handgun, the complaint says.

JJ piece?

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... y_man_held_on_150000.html

Jersey City police arrest one of three men wanted in Tuesday night home invasion

Published: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 9:06 PM
Updated: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 9:06 PM
By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

Jersey City police have arrested one of three men who allegedly burst into a Greenville building and robbed a man and woman at gun-point last night, officials said.

Anthony King, 24, of Parnell Place in Jersey City, was arrested at about 1 p.m. today and charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, burglary and weapons offenses, reports said.

Police allege the three men burst into a Bostwick Avenue building at 8:12 p.m. yesterday and King pointed a handgun at the chest of a 28-year-old man who was robbed of $157, reports said.

The victim managed to break away and ran upstairs where he called police, reports said.

A 38-year-old resident said she heard the commotion and then both of her doors of to her apartment were kicked in simultaneously and she hid in her bathtub, reports said.

The woman heard men going through her apartment and then a man broke down the bathroom door and trained a gun on her, reports said.

The woman was ordered to hand over any money she had in her home but she told the robbers there was none, reports said.

That's when police sirens were heard and the robbers jumped out rear windows and ran away down an alley where a handgun was later found in a trash can, reports said.

King was in prison from Jan. 25, 2008 to Aug. 15, 2008, June 25, 2009 to Nov. 17, 2009 and June 11, 2010 to Sept. 18, 2011 for assault, a drug count and two weapons offenses, corrections records say.

JJ piece?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ty_police_arrest_one.html

Jersey City man thwarts home invasion by thugs posing as UPS deliverymen

By Charles Hack/The Jersey Journal
on December 09, 2012 at 2:38 PM,
updated December 09, 2012 at 2:51 PM

group of armed thugs pretending to be UPS deliverymen were no match for a brave 59-year-old Jersey City man who pushed one of the would-be robbers out of his hallway Saturday night, according to police reports.

The second-floor resident at a two-family home on Stegman Parkway near West Side Avenue told officers that someone rang his door bell around 7:40 p.m., reports said.

Over the intercom system, the stranger identified himself as a UPS deliveryman.
When the 59-year-old he went downstairs, he said he saw four men standing outside.

The resident said he opened the front door and asked why a delivery was being made so late in the day.

At that point, one of the men pulled out a black handgun and forced his way into the hallway of the building, reports said.

Another of the would-be home invaders took out of roll of duct tape and began to tear off a piece, but the resident was able to shove the armed man out the front door, and at that point, all four men fled the scene, reports said.

None of the men were wearing UPS uniforms, although one of the men had on a brown T-shirt, the resident said. The robbers did not hide their faces.
Police canvassed the area for the suspects but came up empty.

Anyone with information about this crime should call the Jersey City Police Department tipline at (201) 547-JAIL.

JJ piece?.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ty_man_thwarts_armed.html

PS ? I am going to assume the 4 events I posted are separate. The JJ has a great habit of getting addresses and dates mixed up. But it is other wise a great newspaper.

(yes pink I got it )

Posted on: 2012/12/26 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Oh gheez, come on people. Re-read the Br6 post

Red suit, Fat dude, left a bag full of awesome things....

Thinking......

Posted on: 2012/12/26 15:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
By Anthony J. Machcinski/The Jersey Journal December 19, 2012 at 7:17 PM, updated December 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM JERSEY CITY- Police are searching for two males who kicked in an apartment door and robbed a family on Forrest Street. Police responded to the Forrest Street home around 3 a.m. this morning, and spoke to a female victim who said two men entered her apartment and tied her up, along with her daughter and another male in the apartment, reports state. The two men brandished handguns and demanded money from the family, but the victim told the men that they didn't have anything, reports state. The men then searched the apartment, only taking a Boost Mobile cell phone, police said. The victim said that the actors untied all the victims and fled the apartment in an unknown direction, reports state. The actors could only be described as two males wearing ski masks, police said.

This story is such bull$hit, I live on a block with a police officer directly across the street. When this story first ran he told me the victims were in the drug game, and the crooks were trying to get back what was taken from them. Most of the crimes here in GV are not random. They are almost 98% drug or gang related. People just don't go kicking down doors in random houses like the Jersey Journal wants people to believe. To the dude who just got out of the hospital, good luck with ur gunning down the wrong dude, and spending 25 years to life because of it. Happy New Year!

Posted on: 2012/12/26 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Br6dR wrote:
Quote:
People just seem to go nuts during the Holiday Season. This incident has convinced me to join the NRA and buy a weapon to protect my home from unwanted intruders.

Too bad these terrified people weren?t NRA members. They could have blown the bad guys away. (red suit, white whiskers or not)

Jersey City police searching for two men who tied up, robbed family in apartment: cops

By Anthony J. Machcinski/The Jersey Journal
December 19, 2012 at 7:17 PM,
updated December 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM

JERSEY CITY- Police are searching for two males who kicked in an apartment door and robbed a family on Forrest Street.

Police responded to the Forrest Street home around 3 a.m. this morning, and spoke to a female victim who said two men entered her apartment and tied her up, along with her daughter and another male in the apartment, reports state.

The two men brandished handguns and demanded money from the family, but the victim told the men that they didn't have anything, reports state. The men then searched the apartment, only taking a Boost Mobile cell phone, police said.

The victim said that the actors untied all the victims and fled the apartment in an unknown direction, reports state. The actors could only be described as two males wearing ski masks, police said.

Nj.com piece?.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... police_searching_f_3.html

Posted on: 2012/12/26 14:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/25 1:25
Group:
Banned
Could they at least report the guy's skin color?

Posted on: 2012/12/26 14:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/6 15:31
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
I think this thread should get deleted.

+1

Posted on: 2012/12/26 14:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I think this thread should get deleted.

Posted on: 2012/12/26 12:42
Get on your bikes and ride !

I just got out of the hospital
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
I got into a fight last night with this fat bastard who was trying to break into my home. He got a shot in but I ended up kicking his ass and he ran away. I got a black eye after I tripped and slammed my temple into the corner of the car door. I must not have been the first home he broke into because he left a big bag of stuff behind, presumably stolen from his other break ins. It was dark and I don't have a description, but I found traces of red cloth and white hair strands under my fingernails. Keep an eye out for this asshole.

I just heard from the Jersey City Police Department that this EXACT kind of break in was reported many times last night and I was not the first. In fact many N.R.A members reported taking a few shots at this lunatic. I heard 1 person who said that "If I had a 30 round magazine I would have cut that #OOPS# in half. But since I only had a 5 round mag all I ended up doing was shooting a few holes thru the walls of my kid's bedrooms.

From the Jersey Journal: "According to recent reports from the Jersey City Police Department "This is not a 'LONE' perpetrator, but the work of a TEAM", consisting of one man and one woman. The woman, apparently being a prostitute, as the main 'Person of Interest' in these break ins, was heard, multiple times, calling out for the help of his 'Ho' according to unconfirmed reports."

People just seem to go nuts during the Holiday Season. This incident has convinced me to join the NRA and buy a weapon to protect my home from unwanted intruders. And I hope the NRA pamphlet explains the difference between -an intruder- and -an unwanted intruder- because I would hate to draw down on the WRONG intruder. I could probably find the definition under a subtext if I looked up the difference between rape, and REAL rape, but I digest...invest ...divest...uhmmm....wait..... digress...yeah that's it...DIGRESS.

Merry Christmas Everybody.

P.S. It sucks that I had to turn this bag of goods he left here over to the J.C.P.D. As I looked thru it before they arrived and I would have LOVED to own ALL the crap in the bag. It's almost like I ASKED for this stuff. How strange is that?

Posted on: 2012/12/26 6:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017