Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Verizon home monitoring - experiences?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the info. I looked at putting cameras in with Brinks Home Security some years back, but it was very expensive. I need some power over Ethernet outdoor cameras for my building. Due to my limited budget, I need something that can be expanded on over time.

Posted on: 2012/12/7 15:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/15 20:01
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
I did a little looking online yesterday. The Verizon system is based on "Z-Wave" wireless technology, where a bridge device makes a wireless network, connected to your broadband connection (Fios). Devices like a door lock, cameras, light switches, thermostat, etc., can all be connected to the bridge, which allows you to log in and control them on-line (theoretically from anywhere).

The Verizon system is a simple, preconfigured version of a Zwave kit, designed for ease of use I guess. They charge a low price for the equipment ($89 starter kit), but add on a monthly "monitoring" fee of $10. Quotes are because you monitor it yourself, not Verizon or the police.

If you are more technically inclined, you can buy a Zwave kit of your own at a slightly higher price, and pay no monthly fee. There's an on-line retailer called "Z-Wave Products."

Posted on: 2012/12/7 13:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yes & No - the problem with the front camera is that it's an indoor camera that I am using to watch the outdoors - also looking through my window and a screen... the point of having it there is so people realize they are being watched and it will at the very least be some sort of deterant. (Which I think it is.)

Agreed - pictures might be grainy, but at a basic level I at least know who to be on the lookout. I have a video of the dude as well - the picture were screen captures from the video.

I have an outdoor camera that watches the rear of the house. It is excellent - captures video both day and night on motion.

It give me peace of mind... I would recommend it and the service is only $10 a month. I think I spent $200 on the cameras and light swtich.

Posted on: 2012/12/6 22:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/22 17:15
Group:
Registered Users
I was thinking of getting it but after seeing the resolution quality of the photo of the burglar in Hamilton Park, I''ve decided it's not worth it. What's the point of catching someone in the act if the image is so grainy/blurry that no id can be made. I mean, isn't that point of it?

Posted on: 2012/12/6 19:15

Verizon home monitoring - experiences?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/24 5:16
Group:
Registered Users
A few pople on here have mentioned their Verizon Home Monitoring systems. If you have this, what do you think of it? What type of situation do you think it works best in (private home, apartment building,etc). Thanks!

Posted on: 2012/12/6 17:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017