Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Sterling Waterman for BOE VP - vote is Tuesday
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/1 3:20
Group:
Registered Users
Let the three ring circus begin. The root of the divide in the BOE is now VP.

Posted on: 2012/9/12 3:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/1 3:20
Group:
Registered Users
The contract amendments were voted on unanimously, yet Angel and Sterling voted against the contract. This same irrational thinking had Angel voting against tabling layoffs. Thankfully, the layoffs were in fact tabled. That kind of irrational thinking will be the demise of the BOE. I pray that Mickey Mouse is considered before they consider Sterling for VP.

Posted on: 2012/9/11 3:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
At the end of that long pat on the back he gave himself he says,and I quote "I won't how ever, bend over for anybody" WTF does that mean.

Posted on: 2012/9/10 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
I don't know - Sterling has accomplished a lot over the past couple years. A post he put up on one of the parent Yahoo groups:

After initially deciding that I would not respond to your email, I too felt compelled to do so.
> ?
> And I too am disappointed. Disappointed that you can sit in the comfort of your home, attend a board meeting or two a year and now become a foremost expert on what makes a good and sound board member. Oh, and all the while casting aspersions and passing? judgements.
> ?
> For the record, you misstated my reasons for voting against the contract, though, it's neither here nor there at this time.
> ?
> Allow me to state some of what you missed by not attending the majority of board and committee meetings and obviously, not talking to parents:
> ?
> 1. It was? I who demanded that Librarians be rehired after a couple of years of children in all schools not enjoying basic library instruction
> 2. It was? I who Felicia Noth called and ultimately received, over a year ago, for an additional PreK classroom in # 5 school as well as help make general repairs in specific areas.
> 3. It was I who helped # 16 schools get air conditioners for above temp classrooms
> 4. It was I who helped #12? (one of our struggling schools) get additional help in the form of an assistant principal
> 5. It was I who helped #15 (another struggling school) fix their auditorium, make? specific facility repairs? and get better lunchroom equipment
> 6. It was I who was on the committee and ultimately as a board member get new recess (though still not enough) for our schools
> 7. It was I who pushed for and got an Alternative School, after years of none along with Vocational Technical instruction.
> 8. It was I who took over Athletics, increased the budget by 400k and is in the process of bringing our district into the 21sr century (with the help of parents) while getting youngers in lower grades involved.
> 9. It was I? who took up an interest in the Jersey City Arts Program, brought their plight to the attention of Cathy Coyle and others? and ultimately increased their budget by an additional 200k.
> 10. It was I who asked to increase the number of security guards in our schools by reducing amount of money we pay into shared services with the City.
> 11. It is I that insisted that we bring back the football program at our largest HS (Dickenson)
> 12. It is I that took an interest in two of our most ill reported high schools (Snyder and Lincoln) and have worked with everyone to help turn them around. (And they have made significant progress)
> 13.It was I who brought this district its first ever public budget meetings as well as help curtail spending as the former chair of Finance.
> 14. It was I who was called by the parent council leader of Liberty to get the school repainted and have general repairs done.
> 15. It was I who have fielded hundreds of phone calls from parents with varying issues and concerns
> 16. It is I? who? is recognized in the mall and streets? by childen as I have visited every school, multiple times, and not just for a function.
> 17. It was I who got this district back the ability to vote on Personnel items
> 18. It was I who trumpeted the successful Achieve 3000 program, for other schools after spending hours with the vendor and schools that had it first.
> 19 It was I who help create the new "lead teacher" program with my constant complaining of subsitute teachers in my son's school and many others I have visited.
> 20. It was I who lobbied for good teachers to remain in specific schools? as well as certain programs
> 21. It was I who met with the former superintendent and the entire curriculum dept for them to explain just how common core the 2nd to 5th? Gr? curriculum they were bringing in would be and how it would coincide with future versions.
> 22. It is I who meets and works with all parent council leaders for the betterment of their own schools
> 23. It was I who exposed the civil service issues we had in the district
> 24. And it was I who initiated the Audit
> 25. It is I who spends countless hours of my own time learning and doing the deeds of a board member, not relying on someone else's interpretation.
> ?
> I could go on and on. My point is this.
> ?
> I was doing my due diligence as a board member (but mostly as a parent)? regardless of who is in the top seat and I most certainly will continue.
> ?
> I understand that it's easy for some to forget the whole picture which is why some need reminding. There should never be one issue that someone is judged.
> ?
> I stated something for the record above. Further for the record, I will certainly work with Dr Lyles to make her transition and then her reign successful.
> ?
> I won't, however, bend over for anyone. I will continue to hold everyone accountable, even myself.
> ?
> Sterling

Holy crap!! How many times can you say "I" Waterman??? Hell - I guess we don't need the other eight board members, The WaterMan can handle it all. There's a youtube clip floating around where Sterling gives his big sermon on the mount at a BOE meeting - something about "having gotten more than 7,000 votes, so I have a lot of constituents." Newsflash - we are all your constituents, Sterling. Whether we voted for you or not.

Posted on: 2012/9/10 1:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/9 5:04
Group:
Registered Users
No doubt that Mr. Waterman has some solid accomplishments. But, he has also sown dissention. And, let's face it -- he actively fought the process to install the new superintendent. But, in any event, the new VP will not be decided on a message board. It will be voted on by the board itself. And, they will choose who they think will be the best fit.

Posted on: 2012/9/10 1:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know - Sterling has accomplished a lot over the past couple years. A post he put up on one of the parent Yahoo groups:

After initially deciding that I would not respond to your email, I too felt compelled to do so.
> ?
> And I too am disappointed. Disappointed that you can sit in the comfort of your home, attend a board meeting or two a year and now become a foremost expert on what makes a good and sound board member. Oh, and all the while casting aspersions and passing? judgements.
> ?
> For the record, you misstated my reasons for voting against the contract, though, it's neither here nor there at this time.
> ?
> Allow me to state some of what you missed by not attending the majority of board and committee meetings and obviously, not talking to parents:
> ?
> 1. It was? I who demanded that Librarians be rehired after a couple of years of children in all schools not enjoying basic library instruction
> 2. It was? I who Felicia Noth called and ultimately received, over a year ago, for an additional PreK classroom in # 5 school as well as help make general repairs in specific areas.
> 3. It was I who helped # 16 schools get air conditioners for above temp classrooms
> 4. It was I who helped #12? (one of our struggling schools) get additional help in the form of an assistant principal
> 5. It was I who helped #15 (another struggling school) fix their auditorium, make? specific facility repairs? and get better lunchroom equipment
> 6. It was I who was on the committee and ultimately as a board member get new recess (though still not enough) for our schools
> 7. It was I who pushed for and got an Alternative School, after years of none along with Vocational Technical instruction.
> 8. It was I who took over Athletics, increased the budget by 400k and is in the process of bringing our district into the 21sr century (with the help of parents) while getting youngers in lower grades involved.
> 9. It was I? who took up an interest in the Jersey City Arts Program, brought their plight to the attention of Cathy Coyle and others? and ultimately increased their budget by an additional 200k.
> 10. It was I who asked to increase the number of security guards in our schools by reducing amount of money we pay into shared services with the City.
> 11. It is I that insisted that we bring back the football program at our largest HS (Dickenson)
> 12. It is I that took an interest in two of our most ill reported high schools (Snyder and Lincoln) and have worked with everyone to help turn them around. (And they have made significant progress)
> 13.It was I who brought this district its first ever public budget meetings as well as help curtail spending as the former chair of Finance.
> 14. It was I who was called by the parent council leader of Liberty to get the school repainted and have general repairs done.
> 15. It was I who have fielded hundreds of phone calls from parents with varying issues and concerns
> 16. It is I? who? is recognized in the mall and streets? by childen as I have visited every school, multiple times, and not just for a function.
> 17. It was I who got this district back the ability to vote on Personnel items
> 18. It was I who trumpeted the successful Achieve 3000 program, for other schools after spending hours with the vendor and schools that had it first.
> 19 It was I who help create the new "lead teacher" program with my constant complaining of subsitute teachers in my son's school and many others I have visited.
> 20. It was I who lobbied for good teachers to remain in specific schools? as well as certain programs
> 21. It was I who met with the former superintendent and the entire curriculum dept for them to explain just how common core the 2nd to 5th? Gr? curriculum they were bringing in would be and how it would coincide with future versions.
> 22. It is I who meets and works with all parent council leaders for the betterment of their own schools
> 23. It was I who exposed the civil service issues we had in the district
> 24. And it was I who initiated the Audit
> 25. It is I who spends countless hours of my own time learning and doing the deeds of a board member, not relying on someone else's interpretation.
> ?
> I could go on and on. My point is this.
> ?
> I was doing my due diligence as a board member (but mostly as a parent)? regardless of who is in the top seat and I most certainly will continue.
> ?
> I understand that it's easy for some to forget the whole picture which is why some need reminding. There should never be one issue that someone is judged.
> ?
> I stated something for the record above. Further for the record, I will certainly work with Dr Lyles to make her transition and then her reign successful.
> ?
> I won't, however, bend over for anyone. I will continue to hold everyone accountable, even myself.
> ?
> Sterling

Posted on: 2012/9/10 0:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
Hey La Verda I have to agree with Hit and Run.
On the JC parents chat room someone brought up the he has
An ethics charge pending against him at the state Boe.
He doesn't even deny it.
Plus he has been telling anyone that will listen that he will be running for an at large council seat.

I think Vidia would be a much better VP.

Posted on: 2012/9/9 21:45

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/9 5:04
Group:
Registered Users
Geez, really? Sterling has been just about the most polarizing member of the board. He has tried to play both sides of the fence (and obviously failed). It would be weird if the board voted for him, since he has gone out of his way to point out how badly they have done things (in his view).

It would also be weird if the board voted for him, since he clearly has his sights set on other elective office and probably wouldn't be sticking around anyhow.

No, Waterman would be a weak option for VP of the board. I hope they go with someone else.

Posted on: 2012/9/9 21:09

Sterling Waterman for BOE VP - vote is Tuesday
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Hope the board gives Sterling strong consideration for the VP spot. It would be great to see everyone put the past few months behind them and work together again. A vote for Sterling would be a good start.

Posted on: 2012/9/9 20:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017