Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: EZ PASS issued by NY or NJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/16 15:40
From Village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

chiefdahill wrote:
Quote:

Erica wrote:
There's no difference in tolls for NY-issued vs NJ-issued EZPASS. (Obviously, you have to update your account to reflect your current address and license plate, etc.)

There are a variety of discount plans you can enroll in - most are only useful if you commute by car (although I believe there's one for hybrids). Just check the EZPASS NJ and EZPASS NY websites for lists of the plans and enrollment applications, if applicable.

There is a difference. If you have a NY EZPASS you get discounts on the tunnels and NY crossings. If you have a NJ EZPASS you get discounts on turnpike etc... I had mine when I lived in NYC and I called to make sure I keep the NY crossing discounts.

Sorry - I meant to say "there's no difference in *those* tolls." I was assuming the OP travels the extension for commuting during peak times (when there's no EZPass discount) and the Holland Tunnel discount is given to EZPass users generally, not just NY-issued.

Posted on: 2012/5/2 19:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/6 17:13
Group:
Registered Users
If you ever cancel your ez-pass account and mail your transponder back to the issuing agency, before you put it into the envelope make sure you first place it into the mylar "no-read" bag you received when you were first issued the transponder.

Otherwise, you will be charged ever time the USPS or the courier's truck passes a toll booth. I got charged for the NJ Turnpike, GW Bridge, Vz-Narrows Bridge as the transponder travel via USPS truck from Jersey City to Staten Island.
NY ez-pass will not close your account until they receive the transponder. I had a delivery confirmation receipt and they reversed all the charges.

In hindsight, it is so obvious that I should have put the transponder into the "no-read" bag, but I just didn't think of it.

Posted on: 2012/5/2 18:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/15 4:14
Group:
Registered Users
I live in JC and tavel to Staten Island daily for work. The "system" EZ Pass had in place used to be so complicated I could never figure out exactly what my charges were. It's still very complicated but they did change it. Go to the website and read up on the different "commuter plans" they offer. Now I pay for 10 trips in advance and instead of paying the $12 rate I pay $6.50 for each trip (up from $2, which is totally fair, right?). A 250% increase overnight? Why the #OOPS# not? I am charged for those trips whether or not I use them.
I recently wrote to Senator Menendez asking why it is drivers have to wait to see their monthly statements to see exactly how much we are being charged each time we pass through a toll. I believe we are entitled to see the amount posted on the electronic board under "toll paid" as we pass through. Perhaps a digital receipt; after all, consumers are entitled to a receipt for every other transaction, why not this one? Probably because if more people knew on a daily basis how badly they were being financially raped by our criminal-like, corruption-drenched government officials there may be a coup d'?tat.

Posted on: 2012/5/1 23:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Erica wrote:
There's no difference in tolls for NY-issued vs NJ-issued EZPASS. (Obviously, you have to update your account to reflect your current address and license plate, etc.)

There are a variety of discount plans you can enroll in - most are only useful if you commute by car (although I believe there's one for hybrids). Just check the EZPASS NJ and EZPASS NY websites for lists of the plans and enrollment applications, if applicable.

There is a difference. If you have a NY EZPASS you get discounts on the tunnels and NY crossings. If you have a NJ EZPASS you get discounts on turnpike etc... I had mine when I lived in NYC and I called to make sure I keep the NY crossing discounts.

Posted on: 2012/5/1 23:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
NJ ezpass charges you a dollar each time you credit your account.

Posted on: 2012/5/1 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/23 20:19
From York & Grove
Group:
Banned
Depends on which agency issued your EZ-Pass, if it's NYS Thruway, then there is no fees, so if you switch to NJ (would be issued by Port Authority), you'll start getting charged $1 a month for the privilege of having EZ-Pass.

If your current pass is issued by MTA, then you are already paying that fee, I think.

--on edit: MTA doesn't charge either. So if you switch your account to NJ, you'll get charged $1 a month, which you're likely not being charged now.

Posted on: 2012/5/1 15:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/16 15:40
From Village
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/5/1 14:16

EZ PASS issued by NY or NJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Hi, I currently have EZ Pass issued by NY, but I live in Jersey City and take the extension of NJ Transit every day (14C-14). I also go to NYC via Holland Tunnel once a week in the evening (usually around 7:30PM). Would I save some money if I get EZ Pass issued by NJ? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Atsushi

Posted on: 2012/5/1 13:51

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017