Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Trash From Neighbor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
I know what I am about to say is crazy but it works everytime. If you know their apt # and their buzzer is outside get yourself some Crazy Glue. Hold the buzzer and glue the bastard. No mess involved. Try sleeping with that all night son.

Posted on: 2011/11/13 21:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/23 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
I just recently moved to Jersey City and I cannot believe the amount of trash I see on the sidewalks and streets. It's disgraceful. I'm always fighting with my dogs not to eat the garbage, ugh.....

I do like the idea of returing the trash back to your neighbor..

Posted on: 2011/11/13 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
A great solution for other anti-social issues around your property - graffiti - loitering - trash - theft from cars - vandalism - postal / package theft etc etc.

It is waterproof has a built-in recorder (memory card to download onto any computer to view and make copies without any special software), motion sensor for day and night use and relatively cheap - About $100 including it being delivered to your home or place of work.

Work great at night and if not pointing into direct sun light from a shaded area (if an outside image is needed, then place it outside - or place it in a window pointing out to avoid theft) Most if not all people will think its only a sensor light.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spotlight-Hid ... ain_0&hash=item27c02f12e4

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/11/13 2:31
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/7 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
Years ago I had the same problem and got so frustrated that I eventually collected all the butts and McDonald wrappers from my yard, put them in a box and mailed it to my neighbor with a note. Worked for me and kind of made me feel better also.

Posted on: 2011/11/13 0:24
I'm not perfect.....but I'm not all bad either.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Even if you have them on tape you will need to do something with it. My suggestion would not be to have a one on one war with neighbors.

Do you know how many structure fires are caused by cigarettes flicked from a window or balcony? One visit from fire prevention and they will stop. This is not the first time this type of problem has happened.

Good luck

Posted on: 2011/11/12 22:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/24 16:43
Group:
Registered Users
I like the camera idea, thank you! And as for Fire Prevention I really didn't think about the fact that the fabric on my chairs could in fact catch fire....... I'm going to give it a try!!

Thanks Again!

Posted on: 2011/11/12 21:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
If you have access to a video camera and a tripod, you could always try to set up the camera inconspicuously, or if you feel inclined, set up a security cam that can be recorded to a computer. Either one will give you irrefutable evidence for your landlord or if need be a court.

Agreed, if you have anyone on tape, you may get Fire Prevention to assist. Discarded materials ie: discarded cigarette butts are one leading causes of fires.

Posted on: 2011/11/12 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
If you have access to a video camera and a tripod, you could always try to set up the camera inconspicuously, or if you feel inclined, set up a security cam that can be recorded to a computer. Either one will give you irrefutable evidence for your landlord or if need be a court.

Posted on: 2011/11/12 14:24

Trash From Neighbor
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/24 16:43
Group:
Registered Users
I need a suggestion...my backyard backs up to an apartment building with balconies looking over it. For years, we NEVER had any issues but about 6 months ago a new tenant moved in and ever since then I have (daily) been picking up trash, cigarette butts, food scraps, you name it it has been in my yard.

I have asked the landloard multiple times to do something (he says he does but can't do anything unless he sees them throw it), I have written letters, and have asked them (when I have actually seen them do it) to stop and it hasn't. I just spent 5K fixing the yard from hurricane damage and this morning, found cigarette butts on my brand new pavers.

Is there ANY WAY I can get these people to stop? Will any one in one of the city offices actually do anything about it? It may sound trivial but it is really so gross to pick up cigarettes, food, and everything else they feel like throwing overboard!!!

Posted on: 2011/11/12 14:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017