Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Heights: Firearm accessory store opens -- "No reason for the residents to feel alarmed”
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/30 1:59
Group:
Registered Users
Personally, I like having them in the neighborhood. I'll have to stop in and check it out.

Posted on: 2011/9/11 0:45

Re: Heights: Firearm accessory store opens -- "No reason for the residents to feel alarmed”
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Prices are cheeper online when I shop around for my equipment.
Ill still take a look to see what they have.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 13:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
Cool... I'll check them out. I need a left handed hip holster for my 0.40 S&W

Posted on: 2011/9/6 23:35

Heights: Firearm accessory store opens -- "No reason for the residents to feel alarmed”
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Firearm accessory store opens in Jersey City Heights

Published: Tuesday, September 06, 2011, 3:00 AM
By Kate Kowsh/The Jersey Journal

Tactical gear is sold at First Line Tactical on Palisade Avenue in Jersey City Heights.

A Jersey City Heights business hopes to have police swarming its location.

Texas gun enthusiast and avid hunter Nicholas Barron, 25, and Alfredo Godoy, 41, a former armed security officer, celebrated the opening last month of First Line Tactical, 353 Palisades Ave., a firearm accessory and duty-gear store.

?We opened it up to help the law-enforcement community,? Barron said, adding that he wants to provide ?anything that?s going to help them do their job better.?

The 2,000-square-foot location sells firearms accessories including rifle scopes, gun holsters, bullet magazines and gun-mounted flashlights but does not sell firearms or ammunition.

Barron added that restrictions are in place on who can buy certain items.

?If somebody wants to buy just a handheld flashlight, we?ll sell them that,? he said. ?But if they need a flashlight that mounts on a pistol, then we require a firearms I.D. card. We want to make sure they legally own the firearm.?

Barron also sells law-enforcement gear like batons, holsters, handcuffs and tactical gear for Jersey City officers.

?We would only sell those to a licensed security officer or a police officer,? he said.

So far the response from the neighborhood has been positive, Barron said.

?We have police officers from Jersey City and other agencies come here,? co-owner Godoy said. ?They come in uniform and people see the police presence, which absolutely helps the community.?

James Cerullo, 64, owner of nearby James Vincent Bicycles, said he sees the new store as a benefit to the neighborhood.

?It?ll bring more cops into the area,? he said. ?I think it?ll be a good thing.?

Hudson County Freeholder Anthony Romano, a Hoboken police captain, said he?s optimistic about the role of the store in the neighborhood.

?There are not going to be any weapons stockpiled,? he said. ?There would be no reason for the residents to feel alarmed.?

Posted on: 2011/9/6 19:57

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017