Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Man Shot and Killed Walking With Girlfriend
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Jersey City man, 20, shot dead in 'premeditated attack' with no known motive Monday, March 29, 2010 By CHARLES HACK JOURNAL STAFF WRITER There was no interaction. There was no conversation. An armed man simply walked up to 20-year-old Lamonte Wright at around 6 a.m. Saturday on Clerk Street near Myrtle Avenue and delivered a fatal shotgun blast into his back. Wright, who was walking with his girlfriend to her parked car, died at the scene in what authorities are calling a "premeditated attack." The shotgun slaying was carried out at "close range," Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said yesterday. "The motive was clearly not robbery," DeFazio said, noting Wright had no known contact with the criminal justice system. "As we stand right now no motive has been established." Keisha Rosario, Wright's aunt, will miss "everything" about her nephew. "He was good kid. He was a good honest man," Rosario said about Wright. "He was a trustworthy kid. Whatever I asked him to do he would do it just how you told him. This is crazy. "He really truly wasn't in any gangs," she added. "Everybody has taken it hard." Rosario said Wright, who was working on getting his license to become a security guard in New York City, would baby-sit her 3-year-old son. "I don't know how I will tell him (the toddler)," Rosario said, referring to Wright's death.Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/3/29 14:18

Re: Man Shot and Killed Walking With Girlfriend
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
the one gun a month law only applies to handguns and in JC the permits must all be personally approved by Chief Comey. they put you through the wringer if you have so much as a misdemeanor. gun violence is statistically less likely to be committed by someone who went through legal channels to obtain thier gun than someone who did not.

Posted on: 2010/3/28 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds like a hit, how much money did he owe ?

Posted on: 2010/3/28 15:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/30 0:28
From Belmont Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
The one gun a month law really only effects people who buy their guns legally. I'm willing to bet this gun was illegal.

Posted on: 2010/3/28 14:15

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Man Shot and Killed Walking With Girlfriend
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Healy and Corzine said that one gun a month would stop people from getting guns easily, what happened?

Posted on: 2010/3/28 2:51
ಠ_ಠ

Bergen Lafayette: Man Shot and Killed Walking With Girlfriend
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/3/28 2:45

Man Shot and Killed Walking With Girlfriend
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/21 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City man killed by shotgun blast on street
By Nyier Abdou/The Star-Ledger
March 27, 2010, 11:24AM

JERSEY CITY -- A man was shot and killed this morning in front of city home in what appears to have been a targeted attack, authorities said.

Lamonte Wright, 20, was walking with his girlfriend to her car parked in front of a home on Clerk Street in Jersey City just before 6 a.m., when the shooter approached the couple on the sidewalk and shot Wright in the back with a shotgun, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

The incident was not a robbery, as the shooter did not ask for money and there was no argument, DeFazio said.

"It's apparent that it was a pre-meditated attack," DeFazio said.

Crime tape closed off the two-family home and wound around the woman's car this morning as Jersey City police and investigators from the Hudson County Prosecutor's office cleared the scene. A pool of blood and a blood-soaked shirt remained on the sidewalk in front of the car. A small trail of blood spilled over the curb and ran along the road under the car.

Neighbors said they were woken up by a loud blast just before 6 a.m. and were shocked to see a murder on their doorstep. A woman who lives in an apartment across the street said she was asleep on her couch when she heard a noise so loud she thought it was a car crashing into something.

But moments after, she heard a blood-curdling scream.

"She was just screaming and screaming," said the neighbor, who asked not to be identified because she feared for her family's safety. "She was saying, 'Don't die on me! Don't die on me!"

"I'm still shaking from hearing her scream like that," the woman said. "It just gives me goosebumps."

Another neighbor who lives a few doors down and also asked not to be identified said she heard the same screams and then: "He's dead. He's dead."

There have been no arrests and the shooting remains under investigation, DeFazio said. Anyone with information should contact the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office Homicide Squad at (201) 915-1345.

Posted on: 2010/3/28 2:33

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017