Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Lincoln Park Area: 71-year-old man attacked with bike in front of Duncan Avenue home
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Can't they arrest these other young boys and girls too?

Quote:

...he was taking out the garbage when a group of young males and females walked by, reports said. A male who was in his late teens or early 20s and was walking with a bike asked Cabrera for money, reports said.

"I told him I didn't have any and he threw the bike at me," said Cabrera who immigrated from Ecuador 12 years ago and is retired.

Posted on: 2009/11/13 16:00

Re: Lincoln Park Area: 71-year-old man attacked with bike in front of Duncan Avenue home
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
This would have never happened in the old days, they would have fought fire with fire, 7 numbers and they would have been done with.

Posted on: 2009/11/13 15:41

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/14 1:55
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
This makes me sick to my stomach...These kids think they are above everyone and attack a man who deserves nothing but respect at that age. This is disgusting, no elderly person in Jersey City should fear for his/her safety. Sure low social-economic status breeds crime, but any community upholds a certain level of morals, which is not the case here. These "tough" kids are animals. What the hell did their parents teach them? This act is cowardly and deserves nothing but the strictest punishment, akin to molesting a child.

Posted on: 2009/11/13 15:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/30 16:31
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
i expect the cops to do nothing.

still waiting to hear back from the detectives assigned to my assault case. it's been a month. i don't expect to hear from anyone.

Posted on: 2009/11/12 22:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
If they catch this person, an example needs to be made of him, too bad we could not cut his arms off, so he can never pick up another bike or object to hit someone with.

Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
That is awful.
How about attempted murder? Seems like hitting a 71 year old over the head with a bike could kill him.

Posted on: 2009/11/12 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/25 0:22
Group:
Banned
I have a hard enough time getting my bike into the elevator in my building, let alone using one to attempt to brain a poor defenseless senior citizen.

Posted on: 2009/11/12 21:14
As hard to handle as chopsticks.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/30 0:28
From Belmont Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
A large, unwieldy one.

Posted on: 2009/11/12 21:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/25 0:22
Group:
Banned
What kind of weapon is a bike?!

Posted on: 2009/11/12 20:45
As hard to handle as chopsticks.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
That is awful.
How about attempted murder? Seems like hitting a 71 year old over the head with a bike could kill him.

Posted on: 2009/11/12 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
This is piece of shit element we have in Jersey City, between this piece of shit, drug dealers, gangs, violent criminals, thanks to Healy and his team's lack of policy on crime and not taking a ZERO TOLERANCE against crime the criminals are very comfortable in Jersey City.

When are we going to see Team Healy's campaign promise of community policing, police on walking the street and Jersey City having safer streets.

Will the FBI come and get this guy already.

Posted on: 2009/11/12 20:26

Lincoln Park Area: 71-year-old man attacked with bike in front of Duncan Avenue home
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
71-year-old man attacked with bike in front of Jersey City home

By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
November 11, 2009, 7:42PM

The Jersey JournalRemigio Cabrera, explains how he was attacked and robbed on Duncan Avenue.

A 71-year-old Jersey City man was hit over the head with a bicycle in a vicious attack by a handful of young thugs, who then kicked and punched him as he lay on the ground last night, authorities said.

"I didn't know what was going on and there was blood all over my face and down my shirt," Remigio Cabrera, 71, said of the attempted robbery.

After the incident, which happened in front of his Duncan Avenue home, Cabrera was rushed to the Jersey City Medical Center, where he needed numerous stitches to close a gash above his left eye.

"I was upstairs and I saw him running and bleeding and I came right down," said Roy Zambrano, his son-in-law, who drove Cabrera to the hospital. "They all disappeared."

Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio called the attack on the senior citizen "disgusting and despicable."

Zambrano said that JCMC doctors performed a CAT scan on Cabrera's head and found his skull was not fractured.

When police responded to the residence at 7:05 p.m. Tuesday Cabrera told them he was taking out the garbage when a group of young males and females walked by, reports said. A male who was in his late teens or early 20s and was walking with a bike asked Cabrera for money, reports said.

"I told him I didn't have any and he threw the bike at me," said Cabrera who immigrated from Ecuador 12 years ago and is retired.

Cabrera told police "... he fell to the ground and multiple people from the group started kicking and punching him. The group then stopped, split up and fled in both directions ... on Duncan Avenue."

DeFazio said anyone convicted of such an act would warrant a harsh sentence and it's possible that the person who wielded the bicycle would be charged as an adult even if he is only a juvenile.

"If he is an adult, then the full weight of the law will be brought," DeFazio said. "It's clearly a first-degree robbery because the bike was used as a weapon. I hope the police get help from anyone who may have seen this incident."

First-degree armed robbery carries a possible sentence of 10 to 20 years in prison.

Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call the Jersey City Police Department tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2009/11/12 3:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017