Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Commentary from the Politcal Insider: Healy not on Obama VIP list at Gov. Corzine rally
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/4 16:26
Group:
Registered Users
The image of Jerry Healy with his nose pressed up against the window like Tiny Tim on Christmas morning...priceless.

Posted on: 2009/10/25 18:27

Re: Commentary from the Politcal Insider: Healy not on Obama VIP list at Gov. Corzine rally
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

greenville wrote:
Me thinks is because one of the white house's agencies is digging dirt on Healy and about to let it lose to the public so Obama does not what to have a corrupt politician on his VIP list!

I think that makes a lot of sense - there comes a point where the feds can't keep trotting out convictions and plea deals so close to the election without being accused of their efforts being political. I am curious to see what the week of November 4 through 11 brings.

Can you imagine Healy's reaction to Fulop being in the room that "his friend in the white house" had denied him access to? High comedy.

Posted on: 2009/10/25 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Me thinks is because one of the white house's agencies is digging dirt on Healy and about to let it lose to the public so Obama does not what to have a corrupt politician on his VIP list!

Posted on: 2009/10/25 5:47
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
if you ever wanted to corroborate that healy is a zombie, now you have it. so, if you want to portray the living dead on halloween - and make a political statement nevertheless, dress like healy.

Posted on: 2009/10/25 4:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, I knew things were bad for Jerry, but now his friend in the White House is pretending like he doesn't know him. That's sad.

Posted on: 2009/10/25 1:56

Commentary from the Politcal Insider: Healy not on Obama VIP list at Gov. Corzine rally
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
INSIDER: Healy not on Obama VIP list at Gov. Corzine rally

Commentary By Agustin C. Torres -- POLITICAL INSIDER
The Jersey Journal
October 24, 2009

President Obama came out for Gov. Jon Corzine Wednesday in Hackensack.

On Wednesday, the Big O showed up in Hackensack on the Fairleigh Dickinson University campus at a rally for New Jersey Gov. Jon Corzine's re-election bid. Everyone wanted to greet the nation's president but only an elite group of about 40 was allowed to attend a private gathering with Obama before heading out to greet the masses.

Among those who were turned away by the Secret Service at the door of the "only those who matter" lovefest was the chairman of the Hudson County Democratic Organization, Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy. Yes, he who has "a friend in the White House" was left outside, according to sources in the room with Obama and in the county.

From the door, he must have been able to see Downtown Councilman Steven Fulop shaking hands with the president. Two other Hudson County political personalities who were with Obama were Bayonne Mayor Mark Smith and former Freeholder Maurice Fitzgibbons of Hoboken. Like Walter Mondale, Fitzgibbons was brought back into the fray for Corzine and after the Obama stump, the Hobokenite drove down to Belmar where Caroline Kennedy was holding court for candidates on the shore.

Fulop's presence was a surprise because he came out early for Hillary Clinton and even held a fund-raiser for her in Newport.

The question is who controls the guest list? Considering all the publicity surrounding the political corruption arrests, it was probably Corzine's people with a Secret Service review. It was OK to be on the stage with Healy when announcing a Big Apple firm and its 1,600 jobs moving to Jersey City because it's good for Corzine's campaign. Having the mayor at the Obama event may be providing the Republican Party with ammunition for negative campaign ads. In other words, Healy is radioactive.

I'd love to quote what Healy thought when he was stopped at the door, but the mayor vowed never to speak to me, except when he is ad libbing. Hey, isn't that all the time?

Jersey City's Democratic leader doesn't think the Geiger counter is clicking because in the latest ELECT report this week, he has transferred what donations remains from the last campaign into a new account, Healy For Mayor 2013. (This I where you take a deep breath and shake your head.) Any bid for a third term has a war chest of more than $44,000.

Remember when the mayor said he did not want to divulge what charities would receive campaign donations received from cooperating corruption witness Solomon Dwek because he did not want to embarrass the charities? Well, there are no charitable donations listed in the latest reports, unless you consider the Hudson County Democratic Organization is in need of compassion. I don't want to think that the mayor is fibbing.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... aly_not_on_obama_vip.html

Posted on: 2009/10/25 1:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017