Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Journal Square: 4 Arabic men arrested at hospital - but not stabbed by the robbery victim
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/30 16:26
Group:
Registered Users
First of all, people can not be "Arabic." That's the language. The people are either Arab or Arabian. That's like calling a hindu a "hindi."

Second, the GP-revised headline is so bad and impossible to interpret, he would have been better off just sticking with the given headline. In fact, I'm sure the headline writers at the JJ have worked very hard at coming up with headlines befitting the stories. Perhaps you should just go with that.

MYBEAT, I agree it's not racist, but it's also not necessary. If the story were about four Arabs stabbing a guy because he's white - a hate crime or something - then it would make sense to identify their race right off the bat. But there's no racial motivation here, and it really has nothing to do with the rest of the story, so revising the headline to include their race is a bit weird.

Posted on: 2009/10/18 16:01

Re: Journal Square: 4 Arabic men arrested at hospital - but not stabbed by the robbery victim
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/29 4:12
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I'd like to know why GP and/or the JJ is suddenly giving the race/nationality of the suspects in this story?

The JJ didn't, GP came to his own conclusion based on their names. Because it's somehow relevant to...?

Posted on: 2009/10/17 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Quote:

greenville wrote:
That is one hell of a racist headline.

No, "Ragheads" would be a racist headline, the paper just stated the ethnicity of the bunch, thats it.

What, we've become a society where we're not allowed to distinguish anyone by race????

ABSOLUTLEY PATHETIC!!!

What are you a Robot???

Posted on: 2009/10/17 13:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I'd like to know why GP and/or the JJ is suddenly giving the race/nationality of the suspects in this story?

Posted on: 2009/10/17 4:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

teacher wrote:
Many of the 9/11 Assasins were from there. Americans
please don't forget this.

Where? I'm terrified.

Quote:

On 4 of July, I think I saw 2 homes in JC with an American Flag? Is there any Patriots around here? Hello..?? hello..

I saw a few dropping tea bags into the Hudson. I hope that helps.

Posted on: 2009/10/17 3:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
That is one hell of a racist headline.

Posted on: 2009/10/17 3:32
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/25 16:52
Group:
Banned
Many of the 9/11 Assasins were from there. Americans
please don't forget this. On 4 of July, I think I saw 2 homes in JC with an American Flag? Is there any Patriots around here? Hello..?? hello..

Posted on: 2009/10/17 1:39

Journal Square: 4 Arabic men arrested at hospital - but not stabbed by the robbery victim
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Goes to hospital, gets charged with robbery

Wednesday, October 14, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Four men charged with robbing a Bayonne man on Journal Square in Jersey City yesterday were arrested a short time later at the Bayonne Medical Center where one of them was being treated for stab wounds, officials said.

Charged with robbery were: Abdel R. Abdelwahab, 20, of North Bergen; Mahamed Ahmed, 24, of Queens; and Old Bridge residents Mahmoud Eltanawi, 22, and Mohamed Eltanawi, 24.

Shortly after midnight Monday, police responded to Sip Avenue and Routes 1&9 where they met the victim, an 18-year-old West 24th Street resident, reports said.

The victim said he was on Journal Square when four men approached him, one with a crowbar. They threatened him and took his cell phone before he ran away, reports said.

While driving home the victim said he spotted the four men standing beside a Lincoln Town Car and a red Honda at a gas station. By the time police arrived, the four men and Town Car were gone, but an officer spotted blood in the Honda, reports said.

An officer called the victim's cell phone and a man picked up speaking in Arabic and then English, reports said.

When the officer identified himself, the man began to curse and hung up.

Police then got word of a stabbing victim at the hospital fitting the description of one of the robbers, reports said.

When police arrived at the hospital they saw three men beside a Town Car and the victim shouted, "Those are the guys," reports said.

The victim also identified the man receiving treatment, who told police he was not stabbed by the robbery victim, reports said.

Posted on: 2009/10/14 12:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017