Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
71 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 71

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Pizza delivery man hit and robbed by large gang of teens
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Iwitness wrote:

Three people can be a group, but I wouldn't consider three people a "large gang." And given the panic created at the use of the word "gang" it's hardly an objective term when used to describe criminal activity for which there has been no objective evidence of organized gang activity introduced.

There's another thread floating around that tells of eye-witness accounts of large groups of teens involved in violence. It's got people on edge, rightly so. Conflating this crime using buzz-words that evoke something other than what was reported is irresponsible.

Words matter.

are you for real? i know it's scary outside but you need to go out and get laid....

Posted on: 2009/9/29 17:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/29 4:12
Group:
Banned
Quote:

DowntownSteve28 wrote:
Quote:

Iwitness wrote:
The articles both say "a group of teens." As opposed to the editorial headline, which says "a large gang of teens."

Does "group" = "large gang"?

Sigh.

What the hell is the difference? I am absolutely, genuinely curious.

Three people can be a group, but I wouldn't consider three people a "large gang." And given the panic created at the use of the word "gang" it's hardly an objective term when used to describe criminal activity for which there has been no objective evidence of organized gang activity introduced.

There's another thread floating around that tells of eye-witness accounts of large groups of teens involved in violence. It's got people on edge, rightly so. Conflating this crime using buzz-words that evoke something other than what was reported is irresponsible.

Words matter.

Posted on: 2009/9/29 14:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/25 2:12
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Iwitness wrote:
The articles both say "a group of teens." As opposed to the editorial headline, which says "a large gang of teens."

Sigh.

What the hell is the difference? I am absolutely, genuinely curious.

Posted on: 2009/9/29 6:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
not to sound prejudice or anything, but if i was the manager of the establishment i'd avoid sketchy areas- if the call sound legit i'd caution my delivery person to drive around the area and the intended home just to make sure. and if they feel it isn't safe leave. what's one failed delivery, it's only few dollars which is less than the cause of life.

Posted on: 2009/9/29 3:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/29 4:12
Group:
Banned

Sigh.

Posted on: 2009/9/28 18:03

Bergen Lafayette: Pizza delivery man hit and robbed by large gang of teens
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Delivery man hit and robbed in Jersey City

By The Jersey Journal
September 28, 2009, 9:15AM

An article in today's Jersey Journal says that a 19-year-old pizza delivery man was punched and robbed of the food he was delivering Saturday night, Jersey City police said.

The delivery man was called to Clerk Street near Bramhall Avenue at 10:10 p.m. to deliver three pizzas and a two-liter bottle of soda, reports said.

As he approached the address, he noticed a group of teens hanging out nearby, police said.

He turned to go back to his car, but they chased him and one of the teens hit him on the back of the head, reports said.

There was no indication a weapon was used and the delivery man was not taken to the hospital, according to the report.

=========

Delivery man assaulted for pizza, robbed of food

Monday, September 28, 2009

A 19-year-old pizza delivery man was punched and robbed of the food he was delivering Saturday night, Jersey City police said.

The delivery man was called to Clerk Street near Bramhall Avenue at 10:10 p.m. to deliver three pizzas and a two-liter bottle of soda, reports said.

As he approached the address, he noticed a group of teens hanging out nearby, police said.

He turned to go back to his car, but they chased him and one of the teens hit him on the back of the head, reports said.

There was no indication a weapon was used and the delivery man was not taken to the hospital, according to the report.

CHARLES HACK

Posted on: 2009/9/28 15:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017