Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: People driving on the wrong side of the road on Greene Street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/15 0:46
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe it's due to the relatively large number of Brits knocking around in Paulus Hook

Posted on: 2009/7/28 6:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/9 11:41
Group:
Registered Users
I remember when the new signals went up a few years ago they installed those big arms across with little arrows so they could switch the direction of traffic if they wanted to. Didnt think they were ever going to do it tho. maybe thats it?

Posted on: 2009/7/27 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
The roads have been so screwed up around there for so long due to the 77 Hudson construction, that nobody knows what they are supposed to be doing. There are contradictory signs and road markings.

The northbound section of Greene street has ben closed in front of 77 Hudson for about a year, everybody got used to driving on the the other side (and there are even roadmarkings to support that). Now it seems to be open but again, nobody is sure as there are no clear signs or enforcement. And there are stilll trucks and worker sstanding in the road on the northbound side.

The two roads down either side of 77 Hudson (Grand and Eesex?) are still confusing also, both seem to be used in oposition to their road markings. And often seem to be used in different directions in the mornings and evenings.

Robin.

Yes but there used to be cones and stuff that marked where you were supposed to drive, etc. Those are now gone. Anyway, it seem to be very dangerous.

Posted on: 2009/7/27 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
"The northbound section of Greene street has been closed in front of 77 Hudson for about a year"

More like three years. I would say I'm amazed at how long developers get to co-opt public streets for private purposes, but given recent news it's hard to be surprised about any favors developers get around here. I understand in an urban environment some of this is necessary, but shouldn't they be required to move more quickly?

Posted on: 2009/7/27 18:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
The roads have been so screwed up around there for so long due to the 77 Hudson construction, that nobody knows what they are supposed to be doing. There are contradictory signs and road markings.

The northbound section of Greene street has ben closed in front of 77 Hudson for about a year, everybody got used to driving on the the other side (and there are even roadmarkings to support that). Now it seems to be open but again, nobody is sure as there are no clear signs or enforcement. And there are stilll trucks and worker sstanding in the road on the northbound side.

The two roads down either side of 77 Hudson (Grand and Eesex?) are still confusing also, both seem to be used in oposition to their road markings. And often seem to be used in different directions in the mornings and evenings.

Robin.

Posted on: 2009/7/27 18:16

People driving on the wrong side of the road on Greene Street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone else noticed this during the week? This has happened to me twice in one week. I was driving on Greene Street (near Essex or Morris, I believe) and 2 or 3 cars are driving on the wrong side, headed north on the southbound side. There is even a concrete barrier on the middle of the road and they are driving on the wrong side of it! I am not sure why I've seen this happen so many times.

My husband says this might be Goldman Sachs employees or something.

Posted on: 2009/7/27 18:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017