Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 87

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Light Rail - Second Avenue stop - HOW?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Alas walking down that Mountain Road is tedious and walks you quite a bit South of where you want to be and then you have yo walk 2 blocks north to get into the station. REALLY circuitous route.

Walking UP the Mountain Road after a long days work is for masochists.

The Ninth Street station is the way to go unless you live pretty far South in the heights...and then a quick bus into Journal Square is the best way to get to PATH.

Of course, if you are going to BAYONNE, you have no choice,

Posted on: 2009/7/3 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
bk66md wrote: yeah - I live in the heights now and take the elevator every day - i love the elevator!! I've always wondered if there was an easy way to get to the second street stop from JC or if it was only a hoboken stop..... is the elevator the only way for a pedestrian to get down the hill outside of walking the viaduct?
If you live close to Franklin Ave you can walk down Snake Hill (Mountain Road) east of Ogden Ave. It is actually quicker to get to the Light Rail that way then walking all the way to Congress if you live near Franklin. I don't know where people are getting the only other way is the Viaduct because you would have to walk past the Congress/9th Street Light Rail station to even get to the Viaduct. The Viaduct is Union City not Jersey City.
View Larger Map

Posted on: 2009/7/3 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
The way to the 2nd STREET stop from the Heights is to walk down Mountain Road which is the extension of Franklin St. It is a steep zigzag switchback road which sees a lot of traffic lately but I wouldn't do it too late at night.

Posted on: 2009/7/3 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Well, a lot of people walk it... a lot. It's good exercise to walk up it as well. If you are looking to get to the path station, there is bus that runs between journal square and hoboken via the heights.

Supposedly a huge staircase is going to be built at 2nd street, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Another option is biking or walking to jsq. It's about a 20 min. walk from the heights, but at least it's flat.

Posted on: 2009/7/3 2:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/6 17:02
Group:
Registered Users
yeah - I live in the heights now and take the elevator every day - i love the elevator!!
I've always wondered if there was an easy way to get to the second street stop from JC or if it was only a hoboken stop.....
is the elevator the only way for a pedestrian to get down the hill outside of walking the viaduct?

Posted on: 2009/7/3 2:12

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/28 18:49
Group:
Banned
There's an elevator at the 9th street stop. Otherwise you have to walk allllllllllll the way down the viaduct, which you don't want to do. The distance to the elevator is not that far from the top of the hill above the 2nd street (not avenue) stop.

Posted on: 2009/7/3 2:08

Light Rail - Second Avenue stop - HOW?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/6 17:02
Group:
Registered Users
I'm considering moving to a location that is physically close to the second avenue light rail stop - i'm wondering if there is a stair case that goes down the hill?
how do people who live in the heights get down to the light rail?

thanks!!

Posted on: 2009/7/3 2:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017