Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Greenville: : Jersey City man and four out-of-towners robbed, tail but lose gunman at 2:47 a.m.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/4 7:24
Group:
Registered Users
you talk about it like we live next door to the slums of mumbai. crime and degenerates aside, there are some nice places to live in greenville.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 12:57

Re: Greenville: : Jersey City man and four out-of-towners robbed, tail but lose gunman at 2:47 a.m.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Greenville is not likely to be "gentrified" anytime soon, but perhaps it will be working-class-ified by hardworking immigrants who are more daring than white urban pioneers.

Are The Heights (South/ Central Americans?) and Marion (Egyptians, Arabs, etc.) such examples? With race in mind, perhaps Greenville will be more attractive to West Indians and African immigrants. For example, I hear there is a small Kenyan community there.

Those neighborhoods might never have had the problems that Greenville has, either in the breadth of area or the depth of poverty... or distance from amenities.

To be honest, Greenville is a mystery to almost everyone I know. With no reason or means to travel there, changing my image of Greenville will be difficult.

Posted on: 2009/6/11 20:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Quote:

jcjazz wrote:
"So that Jersey City's police can watch over areas that matter?"

Are you kidding? Your opinion disgusts me.

Decent humans and many families live in Greenville, too.

Too bad the decent families are outnumbered by trash. A friend of mine who was born and raised in JC took me for a tour through that area once when I first moved here. It disgusts me that areas of my town were allowed to disintegrate to this point. It disgusts me that people take no pride in where they live and do absolutely nothing to improve their condition. It disgusts me that this pathetic helplessness is passed down from one generation to the next while there are endless resources available for people to better their lives. What's even more appalling is that this is probably the fastest growing population in Jersey City.

But it doesn't matter, right?

Posted on: 2009/6/11 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcjazz wrote:

Too bad the decent families are outnumbered by trash. A friend of mine who was born and raised in JC took me for a tour through that area once when I first moved here. It disgusts me that areas of my town were allowed to disintegrate to this point. It disgusts me that people take no pride in where they live and do absolutely nothing to improve their condition. It disgusts me that this pathetic helplessness is passed down from one generation to the next while there are endless resources available for people to better their lives. What's even more appalling is that this is probably the fastest growing population in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2009/6/11 19:37

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/4 7:24
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/6/11 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Oh, it's Greenville again. Can't they secede and become their own town? So that Jersey City's police can watch over areas that matter?

The south west corner is still a decent area along with a pocket of the western edge.

Posted on: 2009/6/10 17:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Oh, it's Greenville again. Can't they secede and become their own town? So that Jersey City's police can watch over areas that matter?

Posted on: 2009/6/10 17:06

Greenville: : Jersey City man and four out-of-towners robbed, tail but lose gunman at 2:47 a.m.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Cops: 5 robbed on street, tail but lose gunman

Wednesday, June 10, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City man and four out-of-towners were robbed on a Greenville street early yesterday, officials said, adding that the victims tried to follow the gunman but he slipped away.

At 2:47 a.m. the victims were standing beside a car at Orient Avenue and Martin Luther King Drive when the robber approached them, took out a black handgun, and said, "Everybody lay down before I have to use this," reports said.

The victims obeyed and the gunman went through the pockets of the 23-year-old Randolph Avenue man and the 19-year-old Bloomfield woman, 19-year-old Washington, D.C., man, 20-year-old Union City woman and 20-year-old Annandale man, reports said.

When police responded, the victims were gone and the officers learned that they were trailing the robber but kept losing him, reports said.

The victims were later taken to the police station, where they gave a statement saying the robber took cash, credit cards, identification, an iPod, a cell phone and other items, reports said.

Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call the Jersey City Police Department tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2009/6/10 15:25

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017