Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: For those of you who care about the future of ART, MUSIC, ENTERTAINMENT in JC. DO NOT VOTE HEALY

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/29 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
Well, the administration isn't sitting at the border of Jersey City with a sign saying "no art allowed", but the way the zoning and permit-granting processes work definately make it difficult for arts businesses and theater companies (other businesses as well) to make it here. It's a known issue, yet nothing has changed-yet.

I don't think Healy or his people are hostile towards art. Cultural affairs does do some good things, but they're also in charge of veterans stuff, block parties (not exactly cultural) and other misc "events" throughout the year. If the administration really wanted to get serious about supporting creative industries here they could- but it would mean a value adjustment.

Posted on: 2009/5/14 5:26

Re: For those of you who care about the future of ART, MUSIC, ENTERTAINMENT in JC. DO NOT VOTE HEALY
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
What? How is this Healy's fault? I've seen most of the art and music in this town and stinks. The venues stink. It is not Healy's fault that not many worthwhile establishments have moved in.

Posted on: 2009/5/13 2:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
First, give credit where credit is due. Healy loves music! Have you ever heard him sing?

Second, I'm not sure we can place responsibility for this solely on the politicians. It's a community thing. And to be honest, I think that many people here do a great job supporting art and entertainment. Could there be more? Sure, but until people start better supporting what we do have, what's the point in demanding more and more and more? The agenda of any politician is a long one.

Development (or whatever) and cultural growth aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, I think the Silvermans play a major part in some of the fun community events that we do have, like Cinco de Mayo, to name a recent one.

Posted on: 2009/5/12 23:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
good thing i hate all that stuff then... go healy.

Posted on: 2009/5/12 23:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

freedom wrote:
Can anyone name anything this administration has done for the future of entertainment in this town besides destroy the only chance of having a real arts and entertainment district, and choosing developer money over the needs of our growing city. People will continue spending their money in NYC and Hoboken because there is not enough entertainment here for the masses.

PLEASE VOTE ANYONE BUT HEALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to switch my vote from Levin to Healy, because I hate having art, music, and entertainment in Jersey City. Mostly, I hate "community" and the artsists are always going on about having one, but regular jerks like me aren't invited to join the commune and have all the fun they're having.

I hate that more than anything!

Posted on: 2009/5/12 21:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
there's a few more cultural festivals... there's the everything heights festival (next weekend)... there's groove on grove.... they supported those things....

Posted on: 2009/5/12 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
I'm surprised. Healy seems so cultured..........lol.

Posted on: 2009/5/12 20:33

For those of you who care about the future of ART, MUSIC, ENTERTAINMENT in JC. DO NOT VOTE HEALY
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/19 20:14
Group:
Registered Users
Can anyone name anything this administration has done for the future of entertainment in this town besides destroy the only chance of having a real arts and entertainment district, and choosing developer money over the needs of our growing city. People will continue spending their money in NYC and Hoboken because there is not enough entertainment here for the masses.

PLEASE VOTE ANYONE BUT HEALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2009/5/12 13:37

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017