Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC council candidates will debate (at-large, F, C, & D)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
Just got back from this. It was quite interesting, but the thing that left an impression on me the most was the outrageously rude behavior of the Manzo/Carroll team.

They talked, "coughed" and wildly clapped out of turn repeatedly.

If you can't keep your own followers in line, how in the hell do plan on running this city?

Seriously, i went in w/ no ideas made up, and i really liked what Carroll had to say. Seems like a decent guy, but if you surround yourself w/ rude bullies, it says something about you to me.

It reaked of an old school jersey city mentality, of "if you don't like it leave", not so much of the change i'm looking for. more of the same old BS we deal with today.

Too bad, i have heard good things about him, and no, i'm not writing him off, but it has definitely given me pause.

Posted on: 2009/4/17 1:09

Re: JC council candidates will debate (at-large, F, C, & D)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
TONIGHT!
Also on Thursday,(Apr 16)the Heights Coalition will host a forum for candidates from Ward C and D at 7 p.m. at School 28, 167 Hancock Ave.

Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
JC council candidates will appear

Saturday, April 11, 2009

You may have heard Jersey City's mayoral candidates hash out the issues. Now you have the chance to evaluate the contenders for City Council in these upcoming debates:

On Tuesday, the Riverview Neighborhood Association and the Heights Coalition have invited the 13 at-large council candidates to their monthly meeting at Harborview Health Center, 178 Ogden Ave., at 7:30 p.m.

On Thursday, the MLK Drive Merchants Association and the Game Face Group, a local business network, will host a forum for candidates from Ward F from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Mary McLeod Bethune Life Center, at 154 Martin Luther King Drive.

Also on Thursday, the Heights Coalition will host a forum for candidates from Ward C and D at 7 p.m. at School 28, 167 Hancock Ave.

On April 23, the Downtown Coalition of Neighborhood Associations and Civic JC will host a mayoral debate from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Middle School 4, 70 Bright St.

The April 1 mayoral debate will continue to air on Comcast channels 52 and 190.

Posted on: 2009/4/16 21:31
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

JC council candidates will debate (at-large, F, C, & D)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
JC council candidates will appear

Saturday, April 11, 2009

You may have heard Jersey City's mayoral candidates hash out the issues. Now you have the chance to evaluate the contenders for City Council in these upcoming debates:

On Tuesday, the Riverview Neighborhood Association and the Heights Coalition have invited the 13 at-large council candidates to their monthly meeting at Harborview Health Center, 178 Ogden Ave., at 7:30 p.m.

On Thursday, the MLK Drive Merchants Association and the Game Face Group, a local business network, will host a forum for candidates from Ward F from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Mary McLeod Bethune Life Center, at 154 Martin Luther King Drive.

Also on Thursday, the Heights Coalition will host a forum for candidates from Ward C and D at 7 p.m. at School 28, 167 Hancock Ave.

On April 23, the Downtown Coalition of Neighborhood Associations and Civic JC will host a mayoral debate from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Middle School 4, 70 Bright St.

The April 1 mayoral debate will continue to air on Comcast channels 52 and 190.

Posted on: 2009/4/11 12:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017