Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 58

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Car Theft- breaking and entering in broad daylight
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
Quote:

cheerful_pessimist wrote:
Thanks all for your sympathy. I know better than to leave suction marks on the windshield, that's why I think I was being watched while parking. All my work things were luckily in the trunk. It's frustrating more than anything else. I just want to make someone accountable!

I now officially walk around with a big a$$ed purse and what's in it? My GPS system. Sigh. the only way!

Posted on: 2009/3/22 13:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Bago wrote:
Quote:

How can this happen, in broad daylight, in a lot with a security car there for that specific purpose??? .

I completely understand your frustration and sorry to hear about your incident.

Those "security" cars are a waste of money and the people hired as security gaurds are also a waste of money. THEY ARE USELESS!!! I use to park there for work before moving to JC and on occassion would have a probelm. Not once has that parking company taken ownership for anything that's happened in those lots. In fact, they even hedge themselves by printing on their parking stubs that they are not responsible for loss or destruction of personal property.

They just want your money not your headache.

Speaking of Newport Mall parking garage. I was trapped in there for 20 minutes yesterday. My ticket wouldn't read at the pay-out machines, besides the fact 2 weren't working so we all had to line up at one (do that on a Saturday with sales). I drove to the one with the cashier, wasn't there and no intercom to call anyone. I drove to another one with cashier, no cashier, tried them all. Nothing would read the card. So I got out of my car and found an intercom and someone finally answered after about 1 minute of me standing at the entrance while cars are accessing, no place for a person to be standing, they told me to drive to the Holland Tunnel one and no one was there again. I waited while cars lined up behind me, ran out of my car and found someone with nothing but what looked like a wind breaker so assumed they could possibly work there, he called someone and she came to the window and cursed at the other guy saying, "why these people dent their damn tickets?!?".

I officially lost it after 20 minutes of being trapped in Newport Mall Parking lot. Not to mention the other people confused about getting out, it was horrible. No security guards in sight, trust me, I had time to look.

Posted on: 2009/3/22 13:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
We currently live in a 'ME' culture in JC.

If it does not directly effect 'ME' then I don't give a damn !

Posted on: 2009/3/21 22:43
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
I FEEL YOUR PAIN

except I didn't have a GPS....

see my post about it...

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... =&topic_id=15911&forum=10

Posted on: 2009/3/21 5:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/15 13:54
Group:
Registered Users
not the mall lot. the lot w/ staples & modell's.

Posted on: 2009/3/20 19:24

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 2:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Did anyone hear or see anything in the Newport Plaza parking lot on Washington Blvd yesterday (Thurs) between 4 15 and 5 15 pm?
Is this the newport mall parking lot?

Posted on: 2009/3/20 18:53

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks all for your sympathy. I know better than to leave suction marks on the windshield, that's why I think I was being watched while parking. All my work things were luckily in the trunk. It's frustrating more than anything else. I just want to make someone accountable!

Posted on: 2009/3/20 17:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Sateen wrote:
everyone hides it in the car. i take mine out and carry it in my bag when i have it in the car

Congratulations, you're that one person.

Posted on: 2009/3/20 17:14

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/12 2:47
Group:
Registered Users
I learned my lesson. Around Xmas time my car was broken into, smashed window, stolen GPS (must have saw the suction ring), ripped out my stereo. When it was all said and done, GPS = $225 and replacement of main wiring harness = a whopping $3000.00, (not to mention my $500 stereo) my insurance covered it but what a headache. From what I've heard, these bastards run in a group of 2 or 3 and have a idling car standing by for a smooth getaway, at least for the thefts from the street, I heard that from one victim that I met at the auto glass repair shop while I was waiting for my glass to be replaced. There were 4 other victims at the glass shop from our area that were hit on the same night as I was.

Posted on: 2009/3/20 16:59

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/30 18:45
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
everyone hides it in the car. i take mine out and carry it in my bag when i have it in the car

Posted on: 2009/3/20 15:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/17 18:59
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, that's the pits. Sorry to hear this happened.

You mentioned your car was your office. Is there a lot of paperwork in the vehicle?

Posted on: 2009/3/20 14:43

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/11/25 14:47
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

How can this happen, in broad daylight, in a lot with a security car there for that specific purpose??? .

I completely understand your frustration and sorry to hear about your incident.

Those "security" cars are a waste of money and the people hired as security gaurds are also a waste of money. THEY ARE USELESS!!! I use to park there for work before moving to JC and on occassion would have a probelm. Not once has that parking company taken ownership for anything that's happened in those lots. In fact, they even hedge themselves by printing on their parking stubs that they are not responsible for loss or destruction of personal property.

They just want your money not your headache.

Posted on: 2009/3/20 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
I once knew a guy who had his airbag stolen many times in Brooklyn. His practical solution after 6 replacements was to stop replacing the airbag and leave his window rolled down so that he didnt have to replace either anymore. In this litigious society i am surprised you arent suing the parking garage, Jersey City, the mall, BMW, the window manufacturer, and McDonalds just for good measure. In all seriousness, sorry to hear about your GPS, glad you have insurance.

Posted on: 2009/3/20 14:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/13 22:03
From see profile name
Group:
Registered Users
They also might have been able to see the ring from the suction cup of the holder on your window.

Posted on: 2009/3/20 13:42

Car Theft- breaking and entering in broad daylight

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Did anyone hear or see anything in the Newport Plaza parking lot on Washington Blvd yesterday (Thurs) between 4 15 and 5 15 pm? My navy colored BMW was broken into, and GPS was stolen. Drivers window was completely smashed out and the rest of the car was un disturbed. Have a feeling the person was watching b/c I'm smart enough to not leave the GPS on the window, I hid it in the console. How can this happen, in broad daylight, in a lot with a security car there for that specific purpose??? Luckily insurance will cover the wondow, but in order to recover the GPS, I'd have to pay an insurance deductible twice the cost of the unit.

I know this is bigger than me, I'm well aware of the stolen GPS gig going on in hudson and NYC. I just can't believe how heartless people are and that there's no recourse to get back stolen property and that the victims suffer. My car is my office and having to take time to have it fixed costs me a day of work in addition to all the frustration.

Posted on: 2009/3/20 12:40

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017