Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Grab teens, man, 54, as mugging crew
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/30 16:31
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
sounds like my friend was the victim of this group OVER A YEAR AGO. she was walking in journal square when a car pulled up and a girl and guy got out and grappled with her. she told me they got into a waiting car and drove off...i couldn't understand how two people that mugged her would have a car waiting for them.
i guess i was naive to think that muggers didn't work in packs like that...seems so cruel and heartless to go out and rob people as a group activity...

Posted on: 2009/1/17 6:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
This liberty science light-rail station is a nightmare. So far we have had car break in's, assualts, murder, muggings and rape by 2 transit cops.

Whoa, whoa, when did 2 T cops rape someone? I completely missed this.

Posted on: 2009/1/16 15:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/11 21:46
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Well, it helps if the problem is exposed, rather than covered up, as appearsto be the case in yesterday's story. However, point of fact was it did'nt happen at the LCS Light Rail Station or the dark and dangerous overhang one has to pass through to get to the Sciennce Center. The four on one, behind the back assault happened on the brightly lit sidewalk outside the parking lot. If a couple wasn't walking past with their dog, it might have gone much worse.

Posted on: 2009/1/16 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This liberty science light-rail station is a nightmare. So far we have had car break in's, assualts, murder, muggings and rape by 2 transit cops.

The powers that be should close it or provide the security it needs and points those cctv cameras at their platforms and car parks and not at the ticket machines. They could install panic buttons around the car park and at either end of the platforms and get those 'good' transit cops and ticket inspectors to focus more attention there.

Posted on: 2009/1/15 22:52
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/11 21:46
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
The first victim was not attacked at a "Johnston Avenue" Light Rail Station. I don't even think there is a Johnston Avenue Light Station. She was near the LIBERTY SCIENCE CENTER Light Rail Station.

However, that was not not where the actual crime took place. She was walking along the brightly lit sidewalk outside the Liberty Science Center Parking Lot. I don't know whether this was an error on the part of the reporter or an attempt to avoid giving LCS any bad publicity, although considering the attack took place just before 7, the Science Center was probably closed. (Since the crew was nabbed at 7:15, the cops did a remarkable job.)

She was much luckier than the second victim. Nothing of value was taken and all she had to show for it were abrasions and cuts. I am apalled at the level of brutailty shown in the second attack. Although the neighorhoods surrounding the Science Center are rough, it is interesting to note these creeps came from Bayonne.

Posted on: 2009/1/15 21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Every teenager needs a mentor.

Posted on: 2009/1/15 15:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/27 16:58
Group:
Banned
#OOPS#ing animals. Just put them down.

Posted on: 2009/1/15 13:01

Grab teens, man, 54, as mugging crew
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
When I went to Fatburger around 7:45 pm on Tuesday night, I noticed a car parked the wrong way at Washington Blvd and Columbus Drive. No one was around. Whiile inside Fatburger, I saw a police car with flashing lights behind the car. Later the car was gone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grab teens, man, 54, as mugging crew
Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jersey City police have arrested a 54-year-old Bayonne man and two girls and two boys, charging them with attacking a Jersey City man with a baseball bat and box cutter during a night of cruising the streets of Jersey City looking for victims, officials said.

Juan F. Marte, of Kennedy Boulevard at West 55th Street, and the 16-year-old girls and boys, were arrested at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday and charged with robbery, conspiracy and weapons offenses, reports said.

Police responded to the Johnston Avenue Light Rail Station, where a woman had been robbed by a number of people, and while they were there, details of a similar robbery at Liberty Marina were broadcast and dispatch noted that it might involve the same people, reports said.

The Downtown Jersey City victim said he was walking in the NY Waterways parking lot at the foot of Marin Boulevard when a car pulled up and a man got out and hit him in the ankle with a red aluminum baseball bat, reports said.

Four others got out of the car and a female threatened him with a box cutter and apparently slashed his hand before they robbed him, reports said.

That's when officers spotted a car matching the description on Washington Boulevard with its lights off and seemingly sizing up pedestrians, reports said.

When the car ran a traffic signal and went the wrong way down a one-way street, police pulled it over at Washington and Christopher Columbus Drive, reports said.

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index ... 32004309104950.xml&coll=3

Posted on: 2009/1/15 12:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017