Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City man pistol-whipped, robbed -- WWE
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
The pedestrian version of DUI. Walking with earbuds. It's the double whammy.

1. An item in plain view that larcenous people want to steal.

2. Someone who is less aware of his surroundings because he is distracted by his music and has blocked off one of his most important senses.

It's like walking down the street blindfolded and wearing a "kick me" sign. I am not blaming the victim as the robbers are responsible for their actions here. Nevertheless, some caution would be a good idea.

+1 Good advice!

The topic thread here @ JCList, on the Downtown Jersey City Watch, has these cautionary suggestions and more. Unfortunately, most who should read these suggestions, like the majority of newbies moving here, don't know about this board or others here in JC.

However, you wouldn't need to read these suggestions if one used common sense. But as the saying goes,

"Common sense is the most uncommon
thing of all."

Posted on: 2008/12/25 20:37
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Jersey City man pistol-whipped, robbed -- WWE
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
The pedestrian version of DUI. Walking with earbuds. It's the double whammy.

1. An item in plain view that larcenous people want to steal.

2. Someone who is less aware of his surroundings because he is distracted by his music and has blocked off one of his most important senses.

It's like walking down the street blindfolded and wearing a "kick me" sign. I am not blaming the victim as the robbers are responsible for their actions here. Nevertheless, some caution would be a good idea.

Posted on: 2008/12/25 16:52

The Island Section: Jersey City man pistol-whipped, robbed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City man pistol-whipped, robbed

by Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
Wednesday December 24, 2008, 4:25 PM

A Jersey City man was pistol-whipped and robbed near his home in the Island section just after midnight this morning, officials said.

The 38-year-old Waldo Avenue man said he was walking on Magnolia avenue at 12:14 a.m. when a man wearing a ski mask was tried to ask him something, reports said.
The victim took off his headphones, and at the same time, a second man came up behind him and hit him in the back of the head with a silver handgun and said, "Give me all you got," reports said.

Both men knocked him to the ground and went through his pockets, taking his wallet with $40 in it, as well as his cell phone and Mp3 player. The robbers then told the man to run away and he ran to his nearby home and called police.
The victim was later treated at the Jersey City Medical Center for a cut to the back of his head, reports said.

Posted on: 2008/12/25 14:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017