Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: The Pipe Organ @ The Lowe's is being rededicated this weekend.......
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/26 3:14
Group:
Registered Users
I love this theatre, it is so cool inside. Thanks for posting this, it should be a lot of fun.

Posted on: 2008/10/3 14:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/26 20:59
From 240 Newark Avenue
Group:
Registered Users
I'll be wrapped up with the art show this weekend, and I'm really bummed that I'll miss it. If you haven't seen and heard the Morton Wonder Organ played, it's something to behold. The phrase "all the bells and whistles" originated from the description of such organs, which could perform all the necessary bells, whistles, horns, whip cracks, galloping hooves, etc that silent movie accompaniment required, as well as dozens of other instruments and sound effects.

You can bet I'll be there Oct 25th, 10th row center for Phantom of the Opera with organ accompaniment tho...

Mark.

Posted on: 2008/10/3 1:23
www.JerseyCityMusic.com
-----------------

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/18 3:56
Group:
Registered Users
They're also looking for volunteers to help out this weekend -- you can usher and see a show for free!

Posted on: 2008/10/2 23:04

The Pipe Organ @ The Lowe's is being rededicated this weekend.......

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/4 20:10
Group:
Registered Users
The Landmark Loew's Theatre in Jersey City will host a a full weekend of events to celebrate the restoration and rededication of the Bob Balfour Memorial Wonder Morton Organ.

The Wonder Morton Organ is one of only five built in the 1920s specifically for the Loew's Wonder Theatres and has been lovingly restored over the past 11 years.

The festivities run from Friday October 3rd through Sunday, October 5th. There is a buffet dinner and concert on Friday, a rare opportunity to see Greta Garbo in Flesh and the Devil with live accompaniment by Dennis James at the organ on Saturday night, and Ralph Ringstad at the organ with the 20-piece Starlite Orchestra on Sunday.

For a complete list of the weekend's events, times and pricing and additional information please go to Landmark Loew's Jersey Theatre or call 201-798-6055. For more information about the Wonder Morton organ, please visit The Garden State Theatre Organ Society. If you haven't yet visited the Landmark Loew's Theatre, located at 54 Journal Square (directly across from the Journal Square PATH Station), this is a great opportunity to do so.

Posted on: 2008/10/2 22:57

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017