Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Claimed to be an organized crime member, Jersey City man charged with extortion
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
It should be a crime to impersonate a member of a crime organization

Posted on: 2008/9/20 22:17
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Claimed to be an organized crime member, Jersey City man charged with extortion
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCase wrote:
Quote:
A Jersey City man was arrested Tuesday and charged with extortion and making terroristic threats to a former acquaintance.

What exactly IS a former acquaintance? Is this someone you met during a prior incarnation but are unfamiliar with in this one? Or is it someone you knew before you were beaten badly in an alley in Marrakesh and awoke with no wallet, no memory of your identity and no way of finding your way back to your previous life?

Perhaps there's some civil process available whereby I can unburden myself of an inconvenient acquaintanceship. Is it a unilateral thing, or must both parties agree? After the acquaintanceship has been dissolved, can I claim no knowledge of the person in court without exposing myself to perjury? Can I pass a polygraph? If I meet this person in the future, will I be in danger of becoming reacquainted without even realizing it? Have I asked these questions before?

You have a Fetish for "Semantics"....don't you ???

CK

Posted on: 2008/9/20 14:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
A Jersey City man was arrested Tuesday and charged with extortion and making terroristic threats to a former acquaintance.

What exactly IS a former acquaintance? Is this someone you met during a prior incarnation but are unfamiliar with in this one? Or is it someone you knew before you were beaten badly in an alley in Marrakesh and awoke with no wallet, no memory of your identity and no way of finding your way back to your previous life?

Perhaps there's some civil process available whereby I can unburden myself of an inconvenient acquaintanceship. Is it a unilateral thing, or must both parties agree? After the acquaintanceship has been dissolved, can I claim no knowledge of the person in court without exposing myself to perjury? Can I pass a polygraph? If I meet this person in the future, will I be in danger of becoming reacquainted without even realizing it? Have I asked these questions before?

Posted on: 2008/9/20 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Amateur! A real "Cosa Nostra" would've gone for the sexual gratification AND the money..wait, since when do women put out and pay too? What the heck is this world coming to ; )

Posted on: 2008/9/19 21:48

Claimed to be an organized crime member, Jersey City man charged with extortion
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Hunterdon County authorities arrest, charge Jersey City man with extortion

By MICHAEL DEAK ?

STAFF WRITER ?
September 18, 2008

FLEMINGTON ?A Jersey City man was arrested Tuesday and charged with extortion and making terroristic threats to a former acquaintance.

Luis E. Vargas, 28, of Jersey City, was remanded to the Hunterdon County Jail in lieu of $15,000 bail set by state Superior Court Judge Roger Mahon.

According to the Hunterdon County Prosecutor's Office, a woman reported to authorities that a former acquaintance, later identified as Vargas, had recently contacted her and claimed to be an alleged organized crime member. Vargas then threatened to physically harm her if she did not provide him with sexual gratification or money, according to the prosecutor's office.

Detectives from the Hunterdon County Prosecutor's Office's Major Crimes Unit and Narcotic Task Force, in addition to detectives from the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office, arrested Vargas on Tuesday, Sept. 16 as he attempted to meet with the woman in Jersey City, according to the prosecutor's office.

The still-active investigation is being led by Hunterdon County Prosecutor's Office Detective Richard Bruccoliere.
http://www.mycentraljersey.com/apps/p ... /NEWS/80918019/1002/RSS03

Posted on: 2008/9/19 21:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017