Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Two shots fired at Holland Gardens Public Housing around 3pm (15th Street & Erie Street)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/29 21:28
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
Gangster is always driving by there to go to Union City or A&P and Target...I better start bringing my favourite axe.

Posted on: 2008/9/3 19:33

Re: Two men shot near Holland Tunnel - Holland Gardens Public Housing (16th Street & Jersey Ave)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Teen dies, another hurt, in Jersey City shooting
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City teen died yesterday as a result of being shot twice in the head Sunday morning outside the Holland Gardens housing complex near the Holland Tunnel, officials said.

Lawrence Robertson Jr., 19, of Fulton Avenue, was found wounded at 15th Street and Jersey Avenue at 1:20 a.m. and rushed to the Jersey City Medical Center in extremely critical condition, said Hudson County Prosecutor
Edward DeFazio.

The former Snyder High School student died at the hospital. His body was taken to the state Regional Medical Examiner's Office in Newark for an autopsy, DeFazio said.

The shooting is believed to be related to an ongoing feud and there was no evidence of robbery, DeFazio said.

Shawanda Robertson, the victim's mother, said doctors told her there was little they could do. At 10 a.m. Monday, he was declared brain dead, she said.

"I left the room when they told me they couldn't do anything else. They were just giving me time for myself," Robertson said. Her son was taken off life support Monday night.

Robertson dropped out of high school but was working toward his GED, his mother said. Robertson played basketball at Audubon Park on Sundays, liked to work on computers, and hoped to move out of Jersey City, she added.

"He's my sweet baby," she said.

Gregory Mallard, 19, of Parnell Place in Jersey City, was also shot in the incident but police do not know if it was by the same gunman or if more gunmen were involved, DeFazio said.

Mallard was found at 16th and Erie streets with a bullet wound to his stomach and is expected to recover, DeFazio said.

Yesterday, a dozen young men quietly wrote sentiments of mourning on a T-shirt bearing Robertson's image and attached it to an outside wall of Jersey Fried Chicken at Ocean and Bidwell avenues. Anyone with information about the shootings should contact the Prosecutor's Office Homicide Unit at 201-915-1345.

Posted on: 2008/9/3 14:46

Re: Two men shot near Holland Tunnel - Holland Gardens Public Housing (16th Street & Jersey Ave)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Parties and public housing.

Deadly combo.

Posted on: 2008/9/2 19:42

Two men shot near Holland Tunnel - Holland Gardens Public Housing (16th Street & Jersey Ave)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Two men shot near Holland Tunnel

Tuesday, September 02, 2008
CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A man was clinging to life after being shot twice in the head early Sunday morning near the Holland Tunnel, while another man is recovering from a bullet to the stomach, police reports said.

At least one gunman opened fire outside Holland Gardens, 16th Street and Jersey Avenue, at 1:20 a.m., where a party was being held in the courtyard, reports said.

Lawrence Robertson, 19, of Fulton Avenue in Jersey City, was shot twice in the head and is in extremely critical condition at the Jersey City Medical Center, officials said.

Gregory Mallard, 19, of Parnell Place in Jersey City, who was found with a gunshot wound to the stomach on Erie Street, was in stable condition at the hospital, officials said.

Authorities are reviewing video surveillance footage from a nearby Port Authority camera to try to identify suspects.

A preliminary investigation indicates the shooting may have been a payback of some sort, DeFazio said.

Posted on: 2008/9/2 13:48

Two shots fired at Holland Gardens Public Housing around 3pm (15th Street & Erie Street)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Two shots fired at public housing

Excerpt from the Jersey Journal - Police Beat

A man with a 9 mm handgun stood in the middle of 15th Street near Erie Street in Jersey City at around 2:50 p.m. Tuesday and fired two shots into the Holland Gardens public housing complex, police reports said.

Posted on: 2008/8/14 11:30

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017