Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
172 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 172

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Young's Fine Jewelry on Central in Heights cleaned out of more than $200,000
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
There are a few things I find odd, alarms in most commercial places are set up with with motion senors and glass sensors. When an alarm is triggered the alarm company knows which zone triggered the alarm, the alarm company dispatches the police and also calls the designated parties within that business. There is a call chain and they will go down the list if they can't reach person #1, 2 etc. When you receive these types of calls it's normal to ask the alarm company what zone was triggered. When an inside motion detector is triggered and the door or plate glass is not faulting, it's usually a false alarm and you ask the alarm company if the system can be reset. If it can not...you go to the store location and you also can request police presence or a security guard from your alarm company (if that is in your contract). Most insurance companies (depending on policy amount) will require these types of stores to have a modern alarm system.

Retail owners/managers red flags are: door and glass senors going off and if glass has been broken, cut etc...the alarm can not be reset. I find it odd that no one from the retail store responded to the alarm and waited until 10:30am some 6 hours later.The story reported leaves out many things...I don't know, maybe I'm just not getting something here..it all seems odd to me.

Posted on: 2008/8/14 21:44

Re: Young's Fine Jewelry on Central in Heights cleaned out of more than $200,000
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
one would think that a jewelry store owner would invest in a safe as a priority - dumb ass owner and it sounds like an insurance job to me!

That wouldn't surprise me the least!

CK

Posted on: 2008/8/14 20:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
one would think that a jewelry store owner would invest in a safe as a priority - dumb ass owner and it sounds like an insurance job to me!

Posted on: 2008/8/13 3:38
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CANKICKER wrote:
I don't know,call me Naive, but the cops respond to an Alarm, find gate open and door ajar and noone bothers to walk inside to see if all is Kosher???

What Am I missing here ????

CK

It's called liability, or good old J.C.P.D. ethics

Posted on: 2008/8/13 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Jeweler cleaned out
Burglars loot Central Avenue store

Tuesday, August 12, 2008
By LYSA CHEN
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Burglars smashed a jewelry store door on their first trip and then came back to finish the job later - cleaning out more than $200,000 in gold and diamonds from a Jersey City business Sunday, police said.

Detectives investigating the break-in at Young's Fine Jewelry on Central Avenue yesterday morning said a burglar pried open the metal gate outside the store, crawled under it and smashed the glass front door with a brick at about 3:30 a.m.

Cops responding to the store's alarm saw a small garbage pail holding up the gate and a brick next to the front door, which was shattered but was still locked and secure, police reports said.

Police closed the gate and left, but were called to the store yesterday morning at 10:30 when the owner reported that his store's merchandise was gone.

Display cases along the right and back of the store were empty yesterday afternoon except for a few scattered, overturned ring boxes. According to reports, the thief got away with diamond earrings, rings and chains.

The owner, who refused to be interviewed yesterday, told cops he closed his store at 6:30 p.m. Saturday and that when he returned yesterday morning at 10:30 a.m. the gate appeared normal and the lock was intact.

But the bottom of the shattered glass door had been trimmed out, allowing it to open like a flap, reports said.

I don't know,call me Naive, but the cops respond to an Alarm, find gate open and door ajar and noone bothers to walk inside to see if all is Kosher???

What Am I missing here ????

CK

Posted on: 2008/8/13 1:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/7 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
I believe this is SOP for responding to house alarms, as well. My sense is that a visual inspection is conducted, and any open doors or windows are closed. Closed meaning shut--not locked or secured. So if someone busted it open or broke a lock, it remains that way for a return visit. If you are away on vacation, and your house alarm goes off, be sure you have someone at the ready to secure the place right away.

Posted on: 2008/8/12 22:49

Young's Fine Jewelry on Central in Heights cleaned out of more than $200,000
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jeweler cleaned out
Burglars loot Central Avenue store

Tuesday, August 12, 2008
By LYSA CHEN
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Burglars smashed a jewelry store door on their first trip and then came back to finish the job later - cleaning out more than $200,000 in gold and diamonds from a Jersey City business Sunday, police said.

Detectives investigating the break-in at Young's Fine Jewelry on Central Avenue yesterday morning said a burglar pried open the metal gate outside the store, crawled under it and smashed the glass front door with a brick at about 3:30 a.m.

Cops responding to the store's alarm saw a small garbage pail holding up the gate and a brick next to the front door, which was shattered but was still locked and secure, police reports said.

Police closed the gate and left, but were called to the store yesterday morning at 10:30 when the owner reported that his store's merchandise was gone.

Display cases along the right and back of the store were empty yesterday afternoon except for a few scattered, overturned ring boxes. According to reports, the thief got away with diamond earrings, rings and chains.

The owner, who refused to be interviewed yesterday, told cops he closed his store at 6:30 p.m. Saturday and that when he returned yesterday morning at 10:30 a.m. the gate appeared normal and the lock was intact.

But the bottom of the shattered glass door had been trimmed out, allowing it to open like a flap, reports said.

Posted on: 2008/8/12 7:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017