Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Journal Square: Armed men rob Canco worker's lunch truck
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

wibbit wrote:
Why is there a lunch truck close to canco? There isnt any large business located there like in downtown.

I stopped at that truck one afternoon for a bite and wondered the same thing at first. (And yes, they were very nice.)

There are businesses immediately west of Senate... obviously not quite the hive of activity the areas once was, there seem to be plenty of people working there. The truck probably gets a decent breakfast and lunch crowd.

Okie thanks.

Posted on: 2008/8/4 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wibbit wrote:
Why is there a lunch truck close to canco? There isnt any large business located there like in downtown.

I stopped at that truck one afternoon for a bite and wondered the same thing at first. (And yes, they were very nice.)

There are businesses immediately west of Senate... obviously not quite the hive of activity the areas once was, there seem to be plenty of people working there. The truck probably gets a decent breakfast and lunch crowd.

Posted on: 2008/8/4 13:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
after being assaulted by someone last year, i was able to capture her getaway on my camera phone. even in the awe of having been hit, the first thing i did was grab the phone. i got her license plate dead on as she pulled away.

and the people at the truck on dey st are very nice and make a hell of a chicken cutlet sandwich. it flat out sucks that people can't run a business without fear of being robbed, beaten, or killed.

Posted on: 2008/8/4 8:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/27 17:44
From Van Vorst Park Historical District
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_DowntownRegular wrote:
Quote:

all four were described as being about 5-foot-5 tall, skinny, young and wearing jeans, reports said.

Another great description brought to you by the JJ. Be on the lookout for all short young men in jeans. I might have to report myself.

After people are robbed, I understand that victims may draw a blank when having to describe their attackers to the police (and maybe that's what happened in this case).

The information about the gray Toyota Camry is helpful, but I agree that the description of the attackers could use more detail.

Assuming the authorities have the information, it would be useful to publish the attackers' hair cut/length/color, complexion/ethnicity/race and/or eye color (as long as it doesn't trigger a weird wave of vigilante justice, of course).

Same goes with this recent article about the unidentified man who recently commited suicide in Liberty State Park.

Authorities are trying to determine his identity, but they don't reveal his eye color or even mention if the poor fellow has a light or dark complexion.

I would think that they would be able to identify the man sooner if they provided more details.

Posted on: 2008/8/4 5:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Why is there a lunch truck close to canco? There isnt any large business located there like in downtown. And if there is, isnt JSQ path a better spot. Just wondering...

All those robberies and wolfpacks lately, seems crime is going up quite a bit.

Posted on: 2008/8/3 16:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Last night, the news reported an armed robbery in Bergen County, and mentioned they were investigating a connection of another robbery that took place in Jersey City, fitting the same description of the vehicle and actors.

Posted on: 2008/8/3 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

all four were described as being about 5-foot-5 tall, skinny, young and wearing jeans, reports said.

Another great description brought to you by the JJ. Be on the lookout for all short young men in jeans. I might have to report myself.

Posted on: 2008/8/3 14:38
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Journal Square: Armed men rob Canco worker's lunch truck
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Armed men rob lunch truck

Saturday, August 02, 2008
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Three armed men stormed a lunch truck near Jersey City's CanCo Lofts site and threw one worker out of the truck before roughing up a female worker and robbing them yesterday afternoon, officials said.

Officers responding to Senate Place at Dey Street at 3:07 p.m. were met by the 50-year-old woman and 45-year-old man, both of Kearny, who said a gray Toyota Camry pulled up and three armed men jumped out, reports said.

The masked men rushed into the truck and pushed out the male victim who was standing just inside the truck's rear door, reports said. One of the robbers grabbed the woman by the neck, demanded money and threw her to the ground, injuring her knees, reports said.

While one of the men stood as lookout and a fourth man waited at the wheel of the Camry, the other two robbers took two cell phones, cash and other items with a total value of about $700, reports said.

The robbers fled in the car and were last seen heading eastbound on Newark Avenue, reports said, adding that all four were described as being about 5-foot-5 tall, skinny, young and wearing jeans, reports said.

Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call the Jersey City Police tipline at 201-547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2008/8/3 12:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017