Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JJ: Students get clear on water
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
The water might have been the nation's best, but the pipes it travels through could be called the nation's worst.

Posted on: 2007/10/21 0:42
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: JJ: Students get clear on water
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
[quote]He added: "Speaking of water, if you've ever had our Jersey City water, I believe it's the finest in the country."[quote]

If the kids actually TASTED Jersey City water this week, they's KNOW the mayor was a liar.
The slop coming out of our pipes since October 3 has been undrinkable.

I hope our Watchung Mountain water is back soon.

Is there any chance that our mayor ever THINKS before he talks?

Did they report the coliform count they got? I probably don't have that much in my COLON!

Posted on: 2007/10/20 22:17

JJ: Students get clear on water
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Too bad they didn't do this tomorrow, they could get a nice high coliform bacteria count from all the crap overflowing into the river from today's storm.

Students get clear on water
Friday, October 19, 2007
By KEENAN STEINER
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

On the 35th anniversary of the passage of the Clean Water Act, about 70 North Jersey high school students were taught how to monitor water at Liberty State Park in Jersey City yesterday.

To kick off the festivities - also World Water Monitoring Day - top officials from state and federal environmental agencies and Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy took turns talking to the students behind the park's Interpretive Center.

Healy and state Department of Environmental Protection Commissioner Lisa Jackson heralded the progress made since the Clean Water Act passed.

"There was a time in this country when water burned," Jackson said.

Because of the increased attention on the environment, the Hudson River is much cleaner than it was 20 years ago, the mayor said.

He added: "Speaking of water, if you've ever had our Jersey City water, I believe it's the finest in the country."

Students from Montclair Kimberley Academy and North Arlington High School rotated to different stations, where experts showed them what they do for a living.

This included a tour of an Environmental Protection Agency's ocean sampling boat, where they looked at pH monitors, water thermometers, and tools to measure the ocean's clarity and depth.

Bob Reiser, a supervisory hydrologist at the U.S. Geological Survey in Trenton, was glad he could teach high school students about surface water hydrology.

"Until college, I never knew it existed," he said.

Posted on: 2007/10/19 20:08

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017