Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Family in new JC apt. robbed of $75K in cash, jewelry while baby slept
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pacoYtaco wrote:
who the hell keeps that kind of cash in their home? stupid.
Not everything can be bought with checks, debit or credit cards like I explained below.

Posted on: 2013/1/5 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
who the hell keeps that kind of cash in their home? stupid.

Posted on: 2013/1/5 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

jcwalkingman wrote:
What I want to know is why the hell would someone buy an apartment on the West Side if they had an extra $60,000 in cash on hand? Something here is fishy indeed.

Did they buy the apartment or were they renting it ? Also being locked out of your place with the bell ringing in a constant manner like that then realizing your baby is in there alone very strange indeed. I don't buy this story and I think a police investigation is in order on the mother's part in this fiasco.
It is an old burglary tactic that has been used many times. One person distracts the person as they answer the door while another comes in through the window I have mostly heard of it used with the elderly.

I also have to have cash on hand for one of my businesses (legal). When I find out a good deal is available from a private dealer they want cash a lot of the time and a check isn't going to cut it when we both want to make sure neither one of us is going to be ripped off. For example they might think the check might bounce and I get away with the item they thought was payed for or they might not want to give me the item until the check goes through and then I would risk being ripped off. Their is also the problem of a bank being closed when that good deal pops up and in my business the next guy might beat you to it if you wait until the following morning. Just to stop speculation I deal drugs I breed exotic reptiles and some of them can fetch the price of a car.

As for the second attempted robbery on this guy I am willing to bet the badge was from a bounty hunter just like most of the robberies in this city where the crook impersonates a police officer. He probably was set up by someone he knows, most likely a "friend" coworker or relative. For that reason I keep a safe in plain view in my closet (dummy safe) with a couple thousand and cheap jewelry and unimportant receipts. My other safe is hidden so well no thief or home invader would ever think to look there. I also have a land line phone with motion detector facing my hallway that calls my cell when no one is supposed to be home and it is activated. Add the hidden surveillance cameras and you can say I have done a decent amount to out smart anyone that wants what I have, I love those spy stores online lol.

Posted on: 2013/1/5 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
A Jersey City family that was robbed of $75,000 in cash and jewelry last week was targeted again this time by a man who claimed to be a police officer, authorities say.

The victim told cops that a man rang his Ege Avenue doorbell around 1 a.m. Tuesday and through the intercom said he was ?Detective Sanchez? and he was investigating a robbery.

?In my mind I?m thinking, what detective is going to show up at 1 o?clock by himself?? the victim, a 28-year-old who just moved into the building last month, said yesterday.

The man immediately called police before looking out his window, the report says, adding that the man at the door showed him a badge, but then realized the resident was on the phone and ran away.

The fake cop jumped into what appeared to be a silver or gray Nissan Pathfinder that took off heading east on Ege toward West Side Avenue, the report says.

Asked if he believes the incidents are related, the victim said: ?Most likely, yes.?

On Dec. 27, just after moving into the residence, the man and his family were victims of a burglar who got $60,000 in cash and nearly $15,000 in jewelry, police said.

In that incident, the victim?s 25-year-old wife said she had put her infant son to sleep at 8 p.m. when her doorbell began ringing, a police report says.

She said she repeatedly pressed the buzzer to open the door, but the person kept ringing, the report says. Finally she went to the front door.

A man asked her for ?Miguel,? and the woman told him that he must have the wrong address. Since she did not have a key yet, she had to wait for her husband to come home to get back in the apartment, police said.

An hour later, the man noticed the money and jewelry were missing, police said. The man told police he kept that much money in his home because he?s a used car dealer and buys vehicles at auctions.

The police impersonator was described as being about 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-9, medium build, with short dark hair and a light beard and mustache, the report says, adding that he wore a gray hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans.

Posted on: 2013/1/4 13:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
sounds like insurance fraud to me - $75K in a house; what a load of crap, unless the money was gained by illegal means.

Posted on: 2012/12/30 1:52
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcwalkingman wrote:
What I want to know is why the hell would someone buy an apartment on the West Side if they had an extra $60,000 in cash on hand? Something here is fishy indeed. Of course if they wanted easier access to the drug markets in the area, their choice makes perfect sense.

The same reason I bought my place, because it fits my needs and I still have lots $$$$$$ in savings and 401k not in my home which I think is dumb. Why are you questioning where people buy? WTF is it your concern. People buy where they want. I don't agree with keeping large amounts of $ in the home but I also don't agree with your attitude. Happy New Year!

Posted on: 2012/12/29 16:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcwalkingman wrote:
What I want to know is why the hell would someone buy an apartment on the West Side if they had an extra $60,000 in cash on hand? Something here is fishy indeed.

Did they buy the apartment or were they renting it ? Also being locked out of your place with the bell ringing in a constant manner like that then realizing your baby is in there alone very strange indeed. I don't buy this story and I think a police investigation is in order on the mother's part in this fiasco.

Posted on: 2012/12/29 15:46
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/14 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
What I want to know is why the hell would someone buy an apartment on the West Side if they had an extra $60,000 in cash on hand? Something here is fishy indeed. Of course if they wanted easier access to the drug markets in the area, their choice makes perfect sense.

Posted on: 2012/12/29 15:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
is that salmon or stripped bass I smell

i think that must be bovine, sir

Posted on: 2012/12/28 22:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Did I read the article wrong or was this another genius who buzzes just anybody into their building?

Posted on: 2012/12/28 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
is that salmon or stripped bass I smell

Posted on: 2012/12/28 19:15

Family in new JC apt. robbed of $75K in cash, jewelry while baby slept
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Family in new Jersey City apartment robbed of $75K in cash, jewelry while baby slept

By Ron Zeitlinger/The Jersey Journal
on December 28, 2012 at 11:30 AM,
updated December 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Her baby was safe, but nearly $75,000 in cash and jewelry are missing.

A Jersey City family that had just moved into an Ege Avenue apartment building was robbed of $60,000 in cash and nearly $15,000 in jewelry on Thursday one of the victims found herself locked out of her own home, authorities say.

A 25-year-old mother of a newborn told police that she and her family had just moved into the second-floor apartment and she had put her infant son to sleep when her doorbell began ringing incessantly at 8 p.m. Thursday.

Full JJ piece?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ty_apar.html#incart_river

November 2012 JCPD COMPSTAT?.560 reported crimes city wide.

Buy the JJ?a good newspaper

Posted on: 2012/12/28 19:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017