Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Harley Davidson motorcyclist killed in accident this morning in Greeville
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
what could a lone fireman without emt equipment possibly have done to save someone from severe head and body trauma?

I'm glad he chose to chase the jackasses who were at fault.

Posted on: 2009/5/19 5:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
He already had his first court date on Friday. Im not too sure what happened there but I will find out as soon as I can & post the results.

Posted on: 2009/5/19 0:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/19 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Let's not start with the"what if" the off duty fireman didn't put on a chase,PLEASE!! He was full aware that kid was on his way into one of Jersey City's toughest neighborhoods and he still put his own life at risk. That guy should be commended at CITY HALL in the upcoming months..SURE THING!!
On another note, I plan to attend this coward's court date to see that he "faces the time for the crime". I commute to work on a motorcycle as well, these people have to be punished!! The "Solo Riders" would surely appreciate a big turn out to see this violator prosecuted to the "fullest extent of the law"..

Posted on: 2009/5/19 0:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Binky wrote: Quote:
alanwright wrote: I'm clearly and unequivocally saying I wish Penetta didn't die;
So why didn't you just leave it at that?
Because I was also saying that I wish the fireman could have saved him.

Posted on: 2009/5/18 4:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
alanwright wrote: I'm clearly and unequivocally saying I wish Penetta didn't die;
So why didn't you just leave it at that?

Posted on: 2009/5/18 4:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
The firefighter was brave and thoughtful, but I wish he could have saved the motorcyclist. We don't know the circumstances of the accident, or whether that was possible, though. Even in this circumstance, the driver could probably have been caught. P.S. MY GRANDFATHER WAS A CAREER FIREFIGHTER. So, let's not get start making accusations that I do not respect, know, trust, or understand their work, etc. I know how quickly some folks on this board are to take half of a phrase of text and construe it into being a mortal sin. I'm clearly and unequivocally saying I wish Penetta didn't die; not that it was Melkin's fault.

Posted on: 2009/5/18 3:46

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/22 0:52
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Boatwright was driving with a suspended driver's license, his car was uninsured, he was using a fictitious temporary plate and the directional signals on his car didn't work, Martinez said.

So this wasn't just a scared kid who did the wrong thing in the heat of the moment. Suspended license, bogus plate, no insurance, broken turn sigs (which, if they worked, may very well have prevented the accident). This guy sucks.

But props to Mr. Melin... Chasing these two through yards, etc... Above and beyond.

Posted on: 2009/5/17 16:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Damn RIP!
What the article doesn't tell us is who followed this guy who ran out the car & how he attempted to get away. It was a off duty firefighter who followed this piece of trash who ran away from the scene & got on a bus trying to get away. I wish I knew the firefighters name to give props to.
It seems when the cops of firefighters do something wrong they get the complete story but here is a off duty who risked his life also to chase down this kid for the police to get & he is not even reconised.
RIP again!

FATAL ON BOULEVARD

Motorcyclist is cut down driver can't flee charges
Friday, May 15, 2009

By TOM SHORTELL
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A 23-year-old Bayonne man riding a motorcycle was killed yesterday morning on Kennedy Boulevard in Jersey City when an Oldsmobile Cutlass being driven by a Jersey City man plowed into him at Clinton Avenue, officials said.

The Bayonne man, Michael Pennetta, of Kennedy Boulevard, was rushed to the Jersey City Medical Center, where doctors pronounced him dead at 8:23 a.m., officials said.

"He suffered severe head and body trauma," Police Lt. Edgar Martinez said last night, noting the Police Department has requested an autopsy. "By the time police reached the scene at 7:40 a.m. he was in a lifeless state."

Dyrell Boatwright, 20, the driver of the Cutlass, left the scene of the crash on foot, but was caught due to the boldness of a Jersey City firefighter who was driving by the scene, spotted Boatwright and a passenger fleeing, and decided to follow them, officials said.

Boatwright was charged with death by auto and knowingly leaving the scene of an accident, Martinez said.

When he was caught, he said, "I didn't mean to do it," Martinez said.

Pennetta, who was riding a red Harley-Davidson, was related to the owners of Pennetta & Sons, a mechanical contracting company on Hoboken Avenue in Jersey City. Employees at the company said yesterday the family had no comment at this time.

According to police, Boatwright was traveling north on Kennedy Boulevard and when he made a left turn onto Clinton Avenue, he struck Pennetta, who was heading south on Kennedy Boulevard.

Boatwright was driving with a suspended driver's license, his car was uninsured, he was using a fictitious temporary plate and the directional signals on his car didn't work, Martinez said.

Jersey City Firefighter Gregory Melin was driving to work when he passed the scene. Melin said he saw two men get out of the car and walk west on Clinton Avenue.

Melin followed the men in his car and yelled at them to stop. At that point, the two men took off running and he chased after them on foot, jumping over fences and running through backyards, Melin said last night.

When he realized he couldn't catch them, Melin said he ran back to his car and drove north on West Side Avenue, the direction he last saw the men running.

Melin said he spotted the two suspects boarding a bus at the corner of Montgomery and West Side avenues, so he called police and told them where the suspects were heading.

When police pulled the bus over at Bergen and Montgomery avenues, Melin boarded the bus and identified Boatwright and the passenger, police said.

The passenger was not charged with a crime.

"It's something I think I should have done," Melin said. "Anyone should have done what I had done. Those people have to be accountable for their actions."

Both Police Director Sam Jefferson and Fire Director Armando Roman commended Melin for his actions.

"This firefighter had the presence of mind and the courage to follow through and make sure these individuals were apprehended," Roman said.

Posted on: 2009/5/16 1:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Damn RIP!
What the article doesn't tell us is who followed this guy who ran out the car & how he attempted to get away. It was a off duty firefighter who followed this piece of trash who ran away from the scene & got on a bus trying to get away. I wish I knew the firefighters name to give props to.
It seems when the cops of firefighters do something wrong they get the complete story but here is a off duty who risked his life also to chase down this kid for the police to get & he is not even reconised.
RIP again!

Posted on: 2009/5/16 1:35

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/30 21:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
How come people who commit most crimes in Jersey City have such shitty names? Dyrell? Who the eff comes up with these?

Read "Freakonomics"

Posted on: 2009/5/15 15:07

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/27 16:58
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
How come people who commit most crimes in Jersey City have such shitty names? Dyrell? Who the eff comes up with these?

Do you really want someone to answer that?

Posted on: 2009/5/15 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/5/15 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
running red light, on drugs, drunk whatever - hit and run coward should spend twice as long in prison. I bet he will say he is very sorry when he front ups in court.

Posted on: 2009/5/15 13:35
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Harley Davidson motorcyclist killed in accident this morning in Greeville
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Bayonne man killed in motorcycle accident this morning

by Tom Shortell/The Jersey Journal
Thursday May 14, 2009, 1:58 PM

Jersey City Police have identified 23-year-old Michael Pennetta as the motorcyclist that died in a Jersey City accident on Kennedy Boulevard this morning.

Pennetta's red 2008 Harley Davidson motorcycle was hit by a white 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass at 7:40 a.m. on the corner of Kennedy Boulevard and Clinton Avenue, police said. Pennetta, who lived on Kennedy Boulevard in Bayonne, was rushed to Jersey City Medical Center, where Emergency Room doctors pronounced him dead at 8:23 a.m.

The Cutlass' driver, 20-year-old Dyrell Boatwright, fled the scene on foot, but Jersey City Police arrested him at the corner of Bergen and Montgomery avenues, officials said.
Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/5/15 11:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017