Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
48 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 48

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Double dipping on JC Council
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Applications are available at City Hall West (Astor Bar). However; you must pass a test to be considered for the position. You must be able to drink all day and maintain a constant B.A.C. of .08% or above (the higher the better) and be able to drive home after closing without incident.

Quote:

npcityjc wrote:
Please point me in the direction for applications. I would love to supplement my income with a part time job that includes free gas, car and insurance. If the figures are correct, all I would have to do is add a few hours to my day for these perks. Only problem is, applications probably don't exist and you must know the secret handshake.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 13:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alanwright wrote:
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

My comment about the Gaughan children is because they are not "high" paid employees. One is appointed as the council aide and has had this position for as long as I can recall. Our council people can appoint their aides and it is legal to appoint an aide that is a relative, doesn't live in the ward...

The other daughter was not given a no show job and she is always working. I do not know her exact salary...

OK. Sorry for the delay. It seems some of the "regulars" here treat the "newbies" with disdain. How typical of JC! Of course, there are new folks at election time so it's a sort of a dance. I, however, use my real name, have my email visible, and have 100 posts over several years. I'm very much a "real" person.

The point seems lost now that I've gotten back to it, but I would like to say this:

* thank you for stating your personal experience with these folks.

* the websites you link to demonstrate that Gaughan daughters do have *other* decently-paying public jobs in addition the jobs as aides. that means they have access the rest of us do not, and may well be in Hudson County politics for another 40 years. (maybe she'll run for the pop's job one day...)

* as you concede, they got their feet in the door through their father, and we all know somebody else is equally or better qualified to do those jobs regardless of how hard they work.

Add it all together and, regardless of the "legality" or being hired as a low-paid "aide," the position entitles and insulates the politically-connected from the public responsibilities. Indeed, as I voter I may be less willing to criticize, confront, or otherwise engage my councilman if his aide is a personally-entrenched bulwark defender of his interests... and not a wizened assistant.

Quote:

alanwright wrote:
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

My comment about the Gaughan children is because they are not "high" paid employees. One is appointed as the council aide and has had this position for as long as I can recall. Our council people can appoint their aides and it is legal to appoint an aide that is a relative, doesn't live in the ward...

The other daughter was not given a no show job and she is always working. I do not know her exact salary...

OK. Sorry for the delay. It seems some of the "regulars" here treat the "newbies" with disdain. How typical of JC! Of course, there are new folks at election time so it's a sort of a dance. I, however, use my real name, have my email visible, and have 100 posts over several years. I'm very much a "real" person.

The point seems lost now that I've gotten back to it, but I would like to say this:

* the websites you link to demonstrate that Gaughan daughters do have *other* decently-paying public jobs in addition the jobs as aides. that means they have access the rest of us do not, and may well be in Hudson County politics for another 40 years. (maybe she'll run for the pop's job one day...)

* as you concede, they got their feet in the door through their father, and we all know somebody else is equally or better qualified to do those jobs regardless of how hard they work.

Add it all together and, regardless of the "legality" or being hired as a low-paid "aide," the position entitles and insulates the politically-connected from the public responsibilities. Indeed, as I voter I may be less willing to criticize, confront, or otherwise engage my councilman if his aide is a personally-entrenched bulwark defender of his interests... and not a wizened assistant.

I don't think the "regulars" treat the newbie?s harshly (well at least most do not) You have to admit that this site has been bombarded with political hackery for the last 4+ months and I've lost count on how many have already been banned. So forgive me/us/those for being a bit suspect. I am just not a fan the attacking of posters when they do not agree with the posters political choices. I mostly try to stay silent and unless there is information posted that I feel is not accurate, truthful, or distorted. I have a semi low tolerance when an elected official tries to control perspective with perception. Most of the time I try to direct my posts to that person and not to a supporter.

In the case of Bill Gaughan?s daughters (mainly the one that works for the County), I have seen her in action, called upon her for assistance and she has always been receptive, kind to the constituents and seems very hard working. For that reason, I come to her defense. I looked again at the site that I linked in a previous post and I see only 1 job per daughter and one has been on the public payroll for over 14 years.

IMO, in both public and private sectors people use connections to get a foot in the door. It's what you do after you get in the door that I judge on. I hear you loud and clear and you have valid points on this topic as a whole. If this discussion was regarding another person(s) I most likely would have stayed silent( because I may have agreed) in this case I did not and still do not.

As for the council aide job, I will tell you it is difficult for many of them to hire someone at 15,000 a year. I have seen certain Council people have a very high turn over when it comes to their aides. Some council people hire students, some hire their relatives, some go outside of the ward to fill the position. A council aide is appointed and their term ends when that Councilpersons term ends. It is full time work with less than part time pay. I know, I did it for 15 months after I left private sector and used my personal savings to subsidize my salary. I can?t speak for the Councilman and why he has his daughter as an aide, that is a question that needs to be asked directly to him.

(side note)
I know Councilman Gaughan and he has always been there whenever I needed his assistance with charitable causes. He has introduced me to many people that helped us with community projects and I will be forever grateful to him for this. Moreover, before any of the clueless hacks attack my previous sentence. Jim Carroll happens to be a good friend of mine. I seriously doubt if he would disagree with any thing I just posted here or would stop being my friend over politics and came to the defense of his opponents? daughter.

I have no clue if I answered your question, Allen
But... I hear ya'

Posted on: 2009/5/9 3:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/29 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
Norrice Raymaker asked me to post this for her (I've been volunteering with One Jersey City). It's a letter promising to end double-dipping sent to those in Ward C who signed the "Pay to play" legislation petition. One JC candidates Emilio DeLia and Andrew Hubsch have also sent out individual versions. Hope!

Dear Neighbor,

My name is Norrice Raymaker and I am writing to ask for your vote on May 12th. I am writing to you because you supported the referendums to end ?double dipping? and ?pay-to-play.?

I know you support these reforms because I was out there on the street gathering signatures, and I am asking you now to support the reform candidates on the One Jersey City slate: Dan Levin, for mayor, Andrew Hubsch and Emilo DeLia, at large, and me, Norrice Raymaker, in Ward C.

After the current administration refused to enact these reforms we turned to you and together we beat City Hall by forcing campaign finance reform on the entrenched incumbent politicians. We can beat the machine again on May 12th with your support. And when we take office we will enact a ban on double dipping. The incumbents may have $3 million dollars but we have you?the voters who insist that ?double dipping? must end?on our side.

I will:

? End Double Dipping
? End unfair Abatements and make Developers Pay Fair
? Serve Your Interests?Not the special interests of politicians and developers
? Restore Police to walking a beat
? Prevent small business and homeowners from being pushed out of Journal Square.
? Restore the Loew?s Theater
? Repair our streets, sidewalks, and sewers.
? Take away the city leased cars and parking spots for politicians and city employees.

I believe government must live within its means and lead by example. It shouldn?t be ?them against us.? We are One Jersey City.

I pledge:

? To listen to you and address your concerns
? To nominate Ward C residents to the Planning Board, the Zoning Board, and the Environmental Commission.
? To work cooperatively to promote the common good.
? To encourage Ward C residents to run for elected office.

Working together, we will transform Jersey City into the first class community we deserve?One Jersey City. Please vote One Jersey City on May 12th.

Sincerely yours,

Norrice Raymaker, Ward C candidate, One Jersey City

Posted on: 2009/5/9 3:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Binky wrote:
The practice also centralizes control over a wide range of city services.
Contribute help to the opposition and you could find it difficult, for example, to get permits for any number of things. Or get that tree pruned by the parks dept. Or get that temporary C of O for the Art Tour. Or the flooding of the sewer on that corner fixed by the MUA.
You get the idea.
Contribute to a political candidate, and your name goes on the public record. You might want to think twice about it if you have a government job, or wish to do business with the city.
Why do you think these folks take multiple low paying jobs in the public sector? Its for the power.
The power to reward your friends and punish your enemies.

Agreed. And city job-holders and unions are often co-opted for political purposes. Even cops. With political appointees (a/k/a "hacks"), that's a guarantee.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
The practice also centralizes control over a wide range of city services.
Contribute help to the opposition and you could find it difficult, for example, to get permits for any number of things. Or get that tree pruned by the parks dept. Or get that temporary C of O for the Art Tour. Or the flooding of the sewer on that corner fixed by the MUA.
You get the idea.
Contribute to a political candidate, and your name goes on the public record. You might want to think twice about it if you have a government job, or wish to do business with the city.
Why do you think these folks take multiple low paying jobs in the public sector? Its for the power.
The power to reward your friends and punish your enemies.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 18:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

Posted on: 2009/5/8 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone who knows Norrice Raymaker and has followed her career as a community activist can tell you that she is fearless and tough! She is a fighter! Watch out City hall regulars!

For more information on Norrice click here
http://onejerseycity.org/?p=327

Posted on: 2009/5/6 15:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
at the last debate Norrice sounded like she had good ideas and plans... but she seemed too nice... like she'd be torn apart by mean hudson county lifers...

Posted on: 2009/5/6 14:21

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/25 13:49
Group:
Registered Users
Please point me in the direction for applications. I would love to supplement my income with a part time job that includes free gas, car and insurance. If the figures are correct, all I would have to do is add a few hours to my day for these perks. Only problem is, applications probably don't exist and you must know the secret handshake.

Posted on: 2009/5/6 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyLover wrote:
I wouldn't vote for either King or Lopez. Vote for Norrice Raymaker. It may only be a protest vote, but so be it.

Note that Norrice is running for Ward C council. Her One Jersey City at-large running mates are Emilio DeLia and Andrew Hubsch.

On May 12th registered voters in JC can vote for:
Mayor
Three at-large council
One ward council

See the 2009 Jersey City Independent Election Guide

Posted on: 2009/5/5 14:33

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/4 16:26
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldn't vote for either King or Lopez. Vote for Norrice Raymaker. It may only be a protest vote, but so be it.

Posted on: 2009/5/5 14:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/20 19:44
Group:
Banned
Don?t forget the others who are also running for council like
JIMMY KING also known as JAMES KING

Public Employees Fund
KING JAMES JERSEY CITY PARKING AUTH
03/01/2005 RETIRED
Pension $40,269.48
Salary $91,132.33
1990-10-01

He started there is 1990 and was also working for Disgraced former Hudson County Executive Robert Janiszewski until 1998. HE WAS RECEIVING MULTIPLE PAYCHECKS

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index ... 0050325jj_bobbyj_max.html

http://www.ontheerie.com/upper/viewto ... 36ec11c58f3d282d281bbeNew Jersey

There was a story about him on http://www.talkingpolitics.net/JCPA.htm and now all the news stories about his firing were recently removed. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

The Jersey Journal archive section

11.) JCPA suspends King after finance probe, orders new review Author: Earl Morgan Journal staff writer Publication: Jersey Journal, The (Jersey City, NJ) Publish Date: October 22, 2004 Word Count: 659 Document ID: 105E3544E13E23CD After an hourlong closed door meeting to hear a report probing the finances and operations of the Jersey City Parking Authority over the past year, the agency's board voted 5-1 to suspend Executive Director James King without pay. Toms River attorney John Sheehy, who was hired as special counsel to compile the report, said during Tuesday's meeting that since the document involves a personnel matter it will not be made public at this time However, sources said............................

12.) Parking panel demotes King Author: Earl Morgan Journal staff writer Publication: Jersey Journal, The (Jersey City, NJ) Publish Date: August 27, 2004 Word Count: 707 Document ID: 104BC043DFE92F3A Before a special meeting of the Jersey City Parking Authority adjourned this week, the executive director was reduced to a mere figurehead as a new position, chief executive officer, was created, and several committees were formed to probe the agency's hirings and finances. David Lerner, who previously served as the JCPA's director of enforcement, was promoted to the new chief executive officer position, putting him in charge of the authority's Jimmy King Civic Association is sort of like an old-school Hudson County political clubhouse, and its leader, former Parking Authority chair Jimmy King, is sort of like an old-fashioned neighborhood boss. That's fine. On a nostalgic day, I could even be convinced the revival of handshake politics (not that it's ever wholly disappeared in Hudson County) might be salutary.........................

17.) JC Parking Authority operates in secrecy Publication: Jersey Journal, The (Jersey City, N.J.) Publish Date: June 23, 2003 Word Count: 583 Document ID: 0FD58D4A53BF48A6 The Jersey City Parking Authority meeting Tuesday night started with a bang when Deputy Director Terry Perri refused to relinquish her seat as acting director in the absence of her boss, Jimmy King. "I'm not giving up this seat," Perri declared, "and you can put that in the newspaper." Thus began one of the most unusual board meetings I've ever attended. It seems that King, who was reportedly absent to attend......................................

Here is also this Blog from the TrisMcCall Report

The trouble is that King is no Frank Hague. Chances are, he's not even the new John Kenny. Kenny got in at least four solid years of bamboozling the public; the Parking Authority saw through King the moment he walked through the door. Now, in almost every city, the Parking Authority is a repository of misgovenment. But King made a particularly awful mess of the finances of the department during his tenure there, scrambling the books, raising hell, and alienating people. By all accounts King treated his employees at the Parking Authority terribly, milking them for donations to his Association. Instead of hanging his head in shame -- which is what he really ought to be doing -- King has instead decided that he deserves a promotion to City Council. It seems absurd to even have to say it, but this man should not be a municipal legislator.

Posted on: 2009/5/5 5:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
That took a lot longer than I expected.

Posted on: 2009/5/5 2:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
I try my best to provide each one of you with the tools to do your own research. It is up to that individual to do just that.

How benevolent of you. Thank you for looking out for us little people.

your welcome....

Posted on: 2009/5/5 2:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alanwright wrote:
r_pinkowitz wrote:

Quote:

I totally agree with you on no-show jobs, and I am 100% in favor of hiring people based on their resume...

...unless nepotism helps the arts community.

alanwright, I have to be honest with you I'm a bit on the fence if you are.. one of those poster that has discovered this site and is here for the long term or just someone the disappears after the election. I will answer your question as if you are a regular person.

My comment about the Gaughan children is because they are not "high" paid employees. One is appointed as the council aide and has had this position for as long as I can recall. Our council people can appoint their aides and it is legal to appoint an aide that is a relative, doesn't live in the ward or holds positions in other public payroll jobs as long as it's not another city job. A council aide is a 15, 000 a year position and I only know about what it is like to work as a ward E aide and it was a 24/7 part time job.

The other daughter was not given a no show job and she is always working. I do not know her exact salary. From what I heard it is not anything that you would even be considered high. I am not wearing blinders and I know where you are coming from. Of course their father was the foot in the door but IMO the daughter in her position with the county has proven herself to be a hardworking individual.

Posted on: 2009/5/5 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
I try my best to provide each one of you with the tools to do your own research. It is up to that individual to do just that.

How benevolent of you. Thank you for looking out for us little people.

Posted on: 2009/5/5 2:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
Pinko-im am saying if you think that others are benefitting from nepotism, insider dealing, etc, other than those detailed above; and you know how to obtain the info; please go get it and report. If that's lumping you in with the rabble, so be it.

I don't necessarily see half-truths. I think that's a pretty solid compilation. And that group of pigs wouldn't let a sweet no-show job go without something in return. So if others are benefitting from this corruption, please point them out-dont just claim that others are too without any backup. Get it?

Are you not capable of doing your own research on the 5 people you are voting for? I have given this site the means to do there own research. How hard is this?

The Mayors are an open book, which basically leaves you with 3 Council at large and one council person to research.

http://php.app.com/NJpublicemployees/search.php

http://www.newslibrary.com/sites/stlb/

http://www.app.com/datauniverse

You are asking me to provide you with the 411 on each person? I will tell you this is not going to happen...

Posted on: 2009/5/5 2:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
Pinko-im am saying if you think that others are benefitting from nepotism, insider dealing, etc, other than those detailed above; and you know how to obtain the info; please go get it and report. If that's lumping you in with the rabble, so be it.

I don't necessarily see half-truths. I think that's a pretty solid compilation. And that group of pigs wouldn't let a sweet no-show job go without something in return. So if others are benefitting from this corruption, please point them out-dont just claim that others are too without any backup. Get it?

Posted on: 2009/5/5 1:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
r_pinkowitz wrote:

Quote:

I totally agree with you on no-show jobs, and I am 100% in favor of hiring people based on their resume...

...unless nepotism helps the arts community.

Posted on: 2009/5/5 0:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
Fine Pinko-why don't YOU do that. I think the point here is that no one is in favor of this, and it smacks of political favoritism, insider dealing and corruption. I don't have facts and figures, but it seems to me the insiders here probably have seized and divided all those sweet no-show guvment jobs.

skepticalhook- I don't get your reply. I'm not sure what you mean withe the "Fine Pinko-why don't YOU do that" why don't I do what?

I totally agree with you on no-show jobs, and I am 100% in favor of hiring people based on their resume and not what they did for a campaign. I'm not sure if your last reply just lumped me into the category. For the normal posters on this site I will try to keep it real as possible and only when i see only a pattern of half truths I jump in.

Posted on: 2009/5/5 0:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
Fine Pinko-why don't YOU do that. I think the point here is that no one is in favor of this, and it smacks of political favoritism, insider dealing and corruption. I don't have facts and figures, but it seems to me the insiders here probably have seized and divided all those sweet no-show guvment jobs.

Posted on: 2009/5/4 23:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
two questions:

First, can anyone provide the same level of (helpful) info on all the candidates running? Like, do any of them already hold other jobs? Or did i miss it?

And second, as for listing what their private jobs are with "undisclosed" funds... that's pretty absurd. Why are you making them sound evil for having a business that they had before they were ever elected?

just wonderin....

Cap...the law requires all management, elected officials and even the council aides file yearly financial disclosure forms. The information that is disclosed is public information and includes all financial earnings from public and private sectors real estate holdings etc. These forms are given to the City Clerk. I suggest you contact the City clerk to obtain more information on this.

Also ~ you can NOT collect two paychecks from the same muncipailty. This means if Guy Catrillo, Jimmy Carroll, Mike Manzo won their elections they would either take a leave of absence for 4 years from their current city job.

After reading some of these posts there is obviously some with a political agenda because only select names are being called out. With the amount of knowledge that these posters seem to have it's obvious that they exclude some for a reason. It irks the hell out of me when the political hackers post this type of information and nothing about the candidates in their own camp who have some (not all) candidates that hold multiple public payroll jobs, etc. etc

Posted on: 2009/5/4 23:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
two questions:

First, can anyone provide the same level of (helpful) info on all the candidates running? Like, do any of them already hold other jobs? Or did i miss it?

And second, as for listing what their private jobs are with "undisclosed" funds... that's pretty absurd. Why are you making them sound evil for having a business that they had before they were ever elected?

just wonderin....

Posted on: 2009/5/4 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
You can't get people to show up and vote in the actual elections - you think people are going to take the time to participate in the People's Choice awards when many of them couldn't even tell you who their council person is???

Posted on: 2009/5/4 15:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/2 14:30
Group:
Registered Users
The other problem I see is that at 40k the salaries are not high enough and they are usually lower than any other position held. Therefore the council responsibilities are not the top priority. While someone mentioned that some towns pay only $1 to council people, managing a city this size sounds like a full time job that should pay closer to $80-120k.

With nine members, a payroll of 1-1.5 million, sounds about right for a city management team. Maybe we should introduce bonus / incentive money which would be rewarded by the people. A peoples choice award with categories such as best work for the environment, most responsive etc.

Posted on: 2009/5/4 15:20

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/4 16:26
Group:
Registered Users
Good list -- some corrections, though.

Nidia Lopez is not the Director of Welfare for the County. Her husband Ben Lopez is. She claims to be some kind of "consultant," i.e., runs her own business in Hoboken supposedly, where she allegedly finds jobs for women on welfare, but I could find no evidence of her business or what exactly she does. This bears more exploration.

I could not verify whether Viola Richardson still works for the Dept. of Corrections. She did in 2005 but not sure if she still does. She runs a nonprofit Civic Assoc. out of the Mary Bethune Center on MLK. Also, the pension she gets from the police dept. she earned while working as a cop, long before she ran for public office. So I'm not sure it's fair to criticize her for that now or describe it as "double dipping." It's certainly not the same thing as holding mutiple gov't jobs at the same time, like Brennan, Vega and Gaughan.

Also, Mariano Vega is not the head of Human Services for the county any longer. He runs the Parks Dept. This created a conflict of interest for him when JC Animal Control Officers were caught dumping cats in a county park (Lincoln Park). This conflict was never really explored.

Posted on: 2009/5/4 14:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
THIS IS THE REASON YOUR TAXES ARE GOING UP YEAR AFTER YEAR.!

While most Americans are trying to hold on to the one job they have, the current members of MAYOR HEALY?S CITY COUNCIL HOLD MULTIPLE JOBS WHICH ARE FUNDED BY JERSEY CITY TAXPAYERS:

At large Councilman Peter Brennan- City Councilman Salary 40,000. 00
Hudson County Director of Maintenance $70,000.00
Aide to Hudson County Executive Tom Degise $20,000.00
Car, insurance and gas provided by City of Jersey City/ Perk $12,000.00
Owns tavern on Sterling Ave Jersey City INCOME UNKNOWN
&nbs p; TOTAL COMPENSATIOON AT LEAST $142,000.00

Ward D Councilman BILL GAUGHAN- City Council Salary $40,000.00
Chief of Staff to County executive Tom Degise $92,000.00
Funeral Director Business UNDETERMINED INCOME
State of New Jersey Contract for special Burials $ 5,000.00 per burial
ONE DAUGHTER WORKS ON COUNTY PAYROLL AND
ONE DAUGHTER WORKS ON CITY PAYROLL AT CITY HALL.
TOTAL COMPENSATION AT LEAST 149,000.00

At large Councilman Marianno Vega-City Council Salary $40,000.00
Hudson County Director of Human Services $125,000.00
Car, insurance and gas provided by City of Jersey Cit y/ Perk $12,000.00
TOTAL COMPENSATION AT LEAST $177,000.00

AT LARGE COUNCIL WILLIE FLOOD- Council Salary $40,000.00
Hudson County Register $110,000.00
Pension from the Board of Education compensation undetermined Car, insurance and gas provided by City of Jersey City/ Perk $12,000.00
Her son works in her office/ Husband works for incinerator Authority
TOTAL COMPENSATION AT LEAST $147,000

WARD F COUNCIL VIOLA RICHARDSON/ Council $40,00.00
Employed by County of Hudson $75,000.00
Pension from Police Department $60,00.00
TOTAL COMPENSATION AT LEAST $187,000.00

WARD C COUNCIL CANDIDATE NIDIA LOPEZ/ Salary
Would be $40,000.00
Hudson County Director of Welfare SALARY $95,000.00
EXPECTED TOTAL COMPENSATION AT LEAST $147,000.00

PHIL KENNY, GUY CATRILLO AND MIKE SOTTILANNO ALSO DRAW MULTIPLE SALARIES FUNDED THROUGH YOUR TAX DOLLARS!

THIS IS WHY JERSEY CITY DOESN?T WORK. THESE COUNCIL PEOPLE ARE MILKING THE CITY TAXPAYERS AND THE COUNTY TAXPAYERS OUT OF MULTIPLE SALARY?S NOT ONLY FOR THEMSELVES BUT ALSO FOR THEIR RELATIVES. THESE MULTIPLE SALARY?S HAVE A DIRECT IMPACT ON HOW THEY VOTE ON THE CITY COUNCIL AND WHOSE INTERESTS THEY VOTE FOR.

Source: JC/HC payroll records

This is thecomplete list. I inadvertently left out a some of the players on original post.

Posted on: 2009/5/4 10:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wingedgorgon wrote:
Backstepping slightly to double-dipping...

From a personal perspective, the whole concept of holding multiple goverment positions negates the responsibilities of any one office. I have been trying to get in touch with Mariano Vega and his aid Hilario Nu?ez for two months now (by phone and email-to both), and have had nothing but dead air. Keep in mind: I'm not calling at odd hours of the night. Why Mr. Vega is never in his office and does not return constituent phone calls or emails I don't know- but it may be due to the fact that he holds another (more prestigious) county post.

Oh good luck on that one. While Mr. Fulop's office is usually pretty responsive to my emails and/or phone calls and has been helpful to me, I have placed a few calls and emails (both them and their aides) to the at-large members on certain issues and specific things they've voted in favor of and against, and I've gotten zero response. I guess they figure that because they aren't tied to any particular ward in the city and don't have to worry about satisfying a particular group of constituents, it really doesn't matter to them - people will pay far more attention to what the councilmember in their ward does than the at-large members. Vega and Flood have really managed to annoy me on a lot of things but they have nothing to say for themselves, at all (the animal control commission ordinance comes to mind with Vega). They just don't seem to care - its just an extra $40,000 a year for them to show up at meetings a few times a month and maybe play a hand in writing a city ordinance. What the people of Jersey City want/need is of no concern to them.

Posted on: 2009/5/4 4:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
jcecker wrote:

Quote:

Does not one hold the position as chairperson of the Jersey City Municipal Utilities Authority...

She's doing such a good job, so we should look the other way.

http://www.jcmua.com/board_of_commissioners.htm

Posted on: 2009/5/4 3:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/12 9:14
From Jersey City,nj
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alanwright wrote:
jimmy wrote:

Quote:

Please spare us your rationalizations. It sounds like you know and/or work with some of these "kids" and feel the need to defend them...

Agreed 100%.

Just because the daughters are serving your interest groups doesn't mean it's not nepotism.

No doubt Viola Richardson has her own excuses for multiple jobs, and Willie Flood had a boatload (s**tload) of reasons for hiring her son. (He was such a hard worker!)
http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... =ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

The burden is on THEM (and now, YOU, pinko/bright) to demonstrate their chops to non-interested parties. i.e., not those who benefit from the relationship, as pinko and bright apparently do. Inside jobs and no-show jobs and other vested hiring practices are a perennial problem in this town. Making EXCUSES because you like the results is just that: making excuses. The Brennan Coffee House might be nice, but I'd like $15k to organize it as well.

Does not one hold the position as chairperson of the Jersey City Municipal Utilities Authority or if not now at least in the past?Is this a non-paid volunteer position?If I had to guess I would say no.How does one get appointed to be the chairperson of the Jersey City Municipal Utilities Authority?Sounds like a critical position.

Posted on: 2009/5/4 3:32

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017