Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Man was shot in the stomach yesterday afternoon on Martin Luther King Drive.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
What would you suggest to the bad man Healy? I think you should be the new mayor yahoo. I'll vote for you so hard.

My suggestion would be for him to go pee in an electrical outlet. Vote anybody but Healy.

Posted on: 2009/3/12 23:15

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Man was shot in the stomach yesterday afternoon on Martin Luther King Drive.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
What would you suggest to the bad man Healy? I think you should be the new mayor yahoo. I'll vote for you so hard.

Posted on: 2009/3/10 21:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:
Another example of Mayor Healys successful gun buy back program.

Yea! I mean gosh, the mayor is so foolish to try and buy guns back. If we didn't have Healy, this man would never have found a gun. A better mayor would have been a father figure in the shooters life and he would have made him a nice man. Our mayor makes me very sad because he doesn't fix bad people.

Do I detect a little bit of sarcasm in your post? The point is exactly as you sarcastically stated in your post. Yes the bad guy would still have found a gun with or without Mayor Healys gun buy back program. Furthermore bad guys do not turn in their guns for the $50.00 buyback price that they are offered. The gun can get them much more than that. The gun buy back gets mostly guns from people who have them stored away in the backs of closets, have had them left to them through the death of a significant other or have somehow acquired them and are looking to get dispose of them without getting into trouble. The bad guys dont care if they threw them into a vacant lot for some kid to find.

Studies on the effectiveness of police programs and methods of crime prevention were reviewed by researchers Sherman, Gottfredson, MacKenzie etc. in 1997. They found that mobilizing the community to fight inner city crime, GUN BUY BACK PROGRAMS, and block watch programs do not work. Of course in light of these findings what does our administration do but adopt them. Thank you Mayor Healy.

Posted on: 2009/3/10 3:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:

Yea! I mean gosh, the mayor is so foolish to try and buy guns back. If we didn't have Healy, this man would never have found a gun. A better mayor would have been a father figure in the shooters life and he would have made him a nice man. Our mayor makes me very sad because he doesn't fix bad people.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 21:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/3/9 20:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/14 15:59
From 07304
Group:
Registered Users
I wish we had more people like this Reverend. Thank God he secured the weapon and waited for police. I'm tired of hearing there were 20 people standing around and no one saw or heard anything.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 19:56

Bergen Lafayette: Man was shot in the stomach yesterday afternoon on Martin Luther King Drive.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Shot in the street

Saturday, March 07, 2009

A Jersey City man was shot in the stomach yesterday afternoon on Martin Luther King Drive.

The 19-year-old victim, a resident of Armstrong Avenue, was on the street at about 4:30 p.m. yesterday when a stranger approached him and shot him for no apparent reason, police said the victim claimed.

As the gunman fled, he attempted to discard the gun under a parked car, but it bounced off the vehicle's side and landed in the middle of the street, witnesses told cops.

The gun was secured by the Rev. Ronnie-Calvin Clark, who kept other people on the scene from touching the weapon until police arrived, police spokesman Stan Eason said.

The Greenville victim was listed as being in stable but critical condition at the Jersey City Medical Center, Eason said.

Police are recovering fingerprints from the gun and are looking for a suspect, Eason said. Clark is a candidate for City Council in Ward F, which includes MLK Drive.

"I was standing there in front of 348 MLK greeting some of the business owners and the shooter dropped the gun right in front of me," Clark said.

"This is why we need change in the community."

RON ZEITLINGER

SERGIO R. BICHAO

Posted on: 2009/3/9 14:36

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact