Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Journal Square: off-duty Jersey City cop and his K-9 get their man
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

CANKICKER wrote:
Another reason why JC cops should live in town, I'm certain alot more of these lowlifes would meet the same fate!

Hats off to the Cop!

ck

+1

I just don't completely buy the idea that in a city of 250k you can't find a few dozen qualified people a year who want to be cops. This hero would never respond to a citizen "what do you expect living in JC?"

Posted on: 2008/10/2 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
the dog almost always lives with the k-9 officer and often retires with them as well.

Posted on: 2008/10/2 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
i didnt know the police dogs lived with their police human counterpart... in retrospect i guess that makes sense, as it makes the bond between them stronger. good job to the officer

Posted on: 2008/10/2 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
Hats off to JC's finest ! The only part that sucks is that he didn't let the dog on him. Atleast when the judge releases him in a month he'd be nursing his wounds rather than mugging old ladies again.

Another reason why JC cops should live in town, I'm certain alot more of these lowlifes would meet the same fate!

Hats off to the Cop!

ck

Posted on: 2008/10/2 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Hats off to JC's finest ! The only part that sucks is that he didn't let the dog on him. Atleast when the judge releases him in a month he'd be nursing his wounds rather than mugging old ladies again.

Posted on: 2008/10/2 14:52

Journal Square: off-duty Jersey City cop and his K-9 get their man
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
2 GET THEIR MAN

Thursday, October 02, 2008
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

An off-duty Jersey City cop and his K-9 partner sprang into action Tuesday night when they heard a scream and ran to a window to see a man assaulting a 73-year-old woman, officials said.

By 10:43 p.m., Lynward Bennett, 42, of Arlington Avenue, was in cuffs and charged with robbery, thanks to Police Officer Darren Sorrentino and his partner Max, officials said.

"I just got the dog and ran out," Sorrentino said last night.

Sorrentino told police he was watching television in his home on Wright Avenue when he heard a loud scream for help and "a sound as if someone was crying," reports said.

He said he ran to his window in time to see Bennett throw the woman to the ground and begin running away, reports said.

"When we turned the corner at Marion Place and Giles Avenue I observed two citizens who wished to remain anonymous blocking the actor's path," reports said.

"I immediately shouted to the actor 'Police, you are under arrest! Get down on the ground or I'll release my dog and he'll bite you,'" reports said, adding that Bennett complied.

Sorrentino told officers he then spoke to the victim, who said she believed Bennett followed her from Journal Square. The woman said Bennett grabbed her and when she resisted he pulled off her gold chain and threw her down. She picked up her broken chain after Bennett fled, reports said.

"She was crying and shaking, visibly upset," Sorrentino said last night. "She said thank you. It was nice (to help her)."

Posted on: 2008/10/2 14:45

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017