Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Roving Gang of Teens: Monticello and Emory
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/20 23:56
From Bergen/Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Fantastic info (for anyone interested)! I'm in touch with folks involved with MCDC and of course our very own street association and look forward to upcoming meetings. We really love our new area and the neighbors are terrific! Thanks!

Quote:

Lafayette wrote:
It's always good to know what neighborhoods are active:
Hope you join. Bergen Lafayette needs everyone to join in full force!

Here is the email for the monticello one:
MonticelloCDC@aol.com

The Communipaw Ave. Block Association
commblock@msn.com (Meets on certain mondays of the month every month)
(area of Lafayette, bordered by Liberty state park, Communipaw, Grand, and Garfield.

Posted on: 2008/9/29 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
It's always good to know what neighborhoods are active:
Hope you join. Bergen Lafayette needs everyone to join in full force!

Here is the email for the monticello one:
MonticelloCDC@aol.com

The Communipaw Ave. Block Association
commblock@msn.com (Meets on certain mondays of the month every month)
(area of Lafayette, bordered by Liberty state park, Communipaw, Grand, and Garfield.

Posted on: 2008/9/29 17:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
We reside in Ward F. So sayeth the Hudson County Board of Elections. Ms. Richardson is our councilperson. Being considered McGinley Square by the city is advantageous to realtors trying to sell in the area as opposed to trying to sell in Bergen/Lafayette.

Quote:

pistolpacknpitbull wrote:

Well your elected Ward councilperson is not Viola Richardson, the representative of Bergen/Lafayette, Ward F, which is south of Communipaw Avenue.

The City's website refers to your area as within the McGinley Square neighborhood, which is a part of Ward B, i.e. the West Side.

If you "would be" a member of community groups, they would be the West Bergen-Lincoln Park Neighborhood coalition, or the Monticello Community Develoment Corporation, both worthy and active organizations.

Posted on: 2008/9/29 17:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Why don't they make it a rule that if you rent a church hall for a party, you must rent a cop also...the JC cops would love to exploit an opportunity for some 'off duty' employment.

Posted on: 2008/9/29 16:37
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/20 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tanze_des_lasters wrote:
We had an incident in our neighborhood similar to those occurring on Erie Street (without gunshots) last night around 10:00. A crowd of about 35 teens (mostly males wearing the white tee uniform and white bandanas) made their way onto Emory Street from Monticello. Many were arguing very loudly and it escalated to shoving matches between many of the teens. They piled on top of cars setting off alarms and trespassed onto fenced properties. JCPD was called, a car was sent, lights flashed and they were told to disperse through a PA system. The incident lasted about 15 minutes until the police arrived. Does anyone know if there was a church or community gathering last night in that general area? I?d like to know so the problem can be addressed with those who might have organized it.

Thanks,
~donna

These church hall rental "parties" for teens have become
a major concern all over town, not just downtown.
We need to teem up with the police to put pressure
on the renters to stop this nonsense.
All the hard work that went into making
neighborhoods cleaner and safer than they
were in the seventies and eighties can easily
be undone.
The churches are looking to make money.
That's it, plain and simple. Do not be misled by their
"Doing Mission" malarkey.
Put pressure on your council-person, also.
This needs to be nipped in the bud before it
gets ingrained. Once churches get grant
money to support their "youth mission"
we will never be able to put a stop to it.

Posted on: 2008/9/29 16:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/1 5:27
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tanze_des_lasters wrote:
Where then, in what area do you suggest I live? All of the issues that concern my general area and that directly impact me revolve around Bergen/Lafayette. The community groups in this area that I would be a member of are here for the betterment of Bergen/Lafayette.

Well your elected Ward councilperson is not Viola Richardson, the representative of Bergen/Lafayette, Ward F, which is south of Communipaw Avenue.

The City's website refers to your area as within the McGinley Square neighborhood, which is a part of Ward B, i.e. the West Side.

If you "would be" a member of community groups, they would be the West Bergen-Lincoln Park Neighborhood coalition, or the Monticello Community Develoment Corporation, both worthy and active organizations.

Posted on: 2008/9/29 5:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Where then, in what area do you suggest I live? All of the issues that concern my general area and that directly impact me revolve around Bergen/Lafayette. The community groups in this area that I would be a member of are here for the betterment of Bergen/Lafayette.

Posted on: 2008/9/28 16:14

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/1 5:27
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tanze_des_lasters wrote:
Thanks so much for the info. Is there anyone on the list that lives in Bergen/Lafayette that is involved in any of our community groups?

Not sure, but if your address is on the block you describe in this thread, you don't live in "Bergen/Lafayette" either.

Posted on: 2008/9/28 2:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks so much for the info. Is there anyone on the list that lives in Bergen/Lafayette that is involved in any of our community groups?

Posted on: 2008/9/28 0:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tanze_des_lasters wrote:
We not only have MCDC but a street association. Having just moved here a month ago, we have not yet attended any formal meetings but plan to. Is there a quality of life officer for the West District and if so, can anyone provide that information.

Thanks,
~d

From JCPD's website: http://www.njjcpd.org/

Our Neighborhood Watch initiative is an effective way to prevent crime, learn about home and personal security, and address the safety of our children and the elderly. Civic involvement and collaboration between the community and the police department is an important part of crime prevention. To join or start a block watch group, please email us at blockwatch@jcnj.org or contact your district Community Relations Officer:

West District: P.O. Cora Kerton (201)547-5450

Posted on: 2008/9/28 0:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
We not only have MCDC but a street association. Having just moved here a month ago, we have not yet attended any formal meetings but plan to. Is there a quality of life officer for the West District and if so, can anyone provide that information.

Thanks,
~d

Posted on: 2008/9/28 0:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
It just amazes me that the JCPD will not enforce city regulations? Why even have them, if they are not being enforced? How many more people need to be assaulted before something is done.

Posted on: 2008/9/23 15:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
I have lived long enough here to know that there was NO function just kids in the street with no control and no parents. No curfew being enforced. Anyone under the age of 18 is not to be on the street past 10 pm...THE JCPD is doing a bad job of enforcing it because everyone is too busy Developing downtown. thats why. All you can do is join your local community group if you have one....I know monticello has one and we really have to get on JC administration's nerves until we get the curfew enforced. We have tried several times and have failed to have them enforce it. It's a shame.

Posted on: 2008/9/23 15:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
There is a high school across Communipaw and quite a few churches on Monticello. It appeared to me that the teens were coming from somewhere south.

Regarding Erie and this incident, the public high school across from where I work in Manhattan places NYPD officers on corners throughout the neighborhood and by the subway stations to keep hundreds of students moving along when school is dismissed. There are always options when dealing with large crowds.

Posted on: 2008/9/23 10:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder if this is the same gang of kids that cause terror in Journal Square.

Posted on: 2008/9/22 20:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
Is there not a school not far from where you are located?

Posted on: 2008/9/22 20:29

Roving Gang of Teens: Monticello and Emory
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
We had an incident in our neighborhood similar to those occurring on Erie Street (without gunshots) last night around 10:00. A crowd of about 35 teens (mostly males wearing the white tee uniform and white bandanas) made their way onto Emory Street from Monticello. Many were arguing very loudly and it escalated to shoving matches between many of the teens. They piled on top of cars setting off alarms and trespassed onto fenced properties. JCPD was called, a car was sent, lights flashed and they were told to disperse through a PA system. The incident lasted about 15 minutes until the police arrived. Does anyone know if there was a church or community gathering last night in that general area? I?d like to know so the problem can be addressed with those who might have organized it.

Thanks,
~donna

Posted on: 2008/9/21 12:46

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact