Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Liberty Harbor safety

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/14 0:51
Group:
Registered Users
Elvis: What specifically do your friends say about the experience?

Posted on: 2008/7/5 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/3 23:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I gotta say, I'm shocked those posts are even still available on kannekt. Usually if you post ANYTHING negative about a development on their website they take it down/delete the post pretty quickly. I wonder why they allow this type of factual information to find its way onto their site?

Answer: They must not have any banner ads running from LHN!

Posted on: 2008/7/1 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/27 17:44
From Van Vorst Park Historical District
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc73 wrote:
I think we should put cameras everywhere, that will stop crime. Cameras everywhere are not the answer. There will be some guy sitting at a desk watching fifty monitors, and you'll get robbed and he wouldn't even notice.

You make some great points.

I'm not necessarily against more cameras in Jersey City, but before we spend the money installing them on every street corner maybe we can learn something from the UK.

Across the pond, there's 1 camera for every 14 people (and some statistics I've heard cite higher rates of monitoring).

It appears to not have made the huge dent in crime that proponents had hoped for.

And it seems that the new problem is over there is there aren't enough people to monitor all of the footage!

Here are some articles detailing the fiasco:

- CCTV Boom Has Failed to Slash Crime, Say Police

- Britain Is 'Surveillance Society'

Posted on: 2008/7/1 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/7/1 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, spill it.

We looked into LHN last year and liked it (despite the used-car-dealeresque sales tactics). What are the common complaints from the LHN homeowners?

Posted on: 2008/7/1 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

elvis wrote:

Also, many people I know who live in LH are telling me they wish they never moved in.

From the outside, the place looks nice. What are the people living there saying about it?

Normal new/half-deserted property type stuff (the shower doesn't work right! Something leaks!!!!) or serious stuff?

Posted on: 2008/7/1 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
I heard all the cameras there are for show, and none are really even turned on. That makes me scared. False seccurity is worse than none at all.

Also, many people I know who live in LH are telling me they wish they never moved in.

Posted on: 2008/7/1 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
So, do we get $100k off the asking price if we bring printed copies of LHNcareerAMATEUR posts?

Seriously, I like LHN also, but this is just desperate and sad.

Posted on: 2008/7/1 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
It is funny - I googled the name nycareerpro and found that the poster posted the same stuff on most of the JC & Hoboken websites.

Here is one example:

http://www.thejcboard.com/search.php?searchid=593

Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Do you get paid by the post or is it part of your overall job description at Liberty Harbor? Just curious.

Posted on: 2008/7/1 17:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

nycareerpro wrote:
I was pleased to find out that Liberty Harbor North has security cameras all over the property- out on the street, in the garage, in the lobby, and so on that you can check from the site once you're a resident. They also have a receptionist that announces visitors and does not let people lurk around the area. This makes me feel quite safe, especially since I am seriously considering these condos in Jersey City.

Do you get paid by the post or is it part of your overall job description at Liberty Harbor? Just curious.

PS: I'm a LH fan but you are kind of wrecking it for me with this.

Posted on: 2008/7/1 17:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
I think we should put cameras everywhere, that will stop crime. Cameras everywhere are not the answer. There will be some guy sitting at a desk watching fifty monitors, and you'll get robbed and he wouldn't even notice. How about demanding more security patrols on the property or walking security guards outside all night, motion lights are good, or just more street lights period.

If you think because you building has cameras on the front door, and elevator, in the hallway, at the gabage compactor, that you will be safe then you are wreong. By the time some sees you getting robbed or beat up on camera, runs over to see what is going on, then calls the police , you're looking at at least five minutes.

A front doorman is always a good idea, he gets to know people after a while and always knows if someone doesn't belong. Some of the buildings in downtown have those magnetic locks on the front door, if you give them a good yank the door opens right up, no alarm goes off no security comes running.

MLK has dozens of cameras on it and people still manage to get robbed, beat up and killed. Face it people most real criminals aren't stupid they know how to keep a cameras front either seeing them or being able to identify them. Wake up pay attention to what is going on around you. I grew up in this city, have lived all over it, walked it at all hours of the day and night, and have never been robbed,pay attention to your surroundings, walk with alittle confidence, if it's late at night or early in the day and you see someone walking towards you take a look at them let them know that you are aware that they are there, if you hear someone behind you look back for a second, it will help you judge the distance they are from you so you can react if you have to.

Bottom line people take your heads out of your butts. Most crimes that happen on the street are crimes of opportunity. If an individual thinks that he can get away with something at that moment he will try something, if not he keeps going until he finds someone that he can take advantage of. Stop relying on gadgets to keep you safe and rely on common sense.

Posted on: 2008/7/1 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Yey! You live in a police state! All hail big brother.

Posted on: 2008/7/1 15:14

Liberty Harbor safety

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/7/2 12:45
Group:
Registered Users
I was pleased to find out that Liberty Harbor North has security cameras all over the property- out on the street, in the garage, in the lobby, and so on that you can check from the site once you're a resident. They also have a receptionist that announces visitors and does not let people lurk around the area. This makes me feel quite safe, especially since I am seriously considering these condos in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2008/7/1 13:48

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017