Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: 2008 Street paving - Councilman Steven Fulop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
Steve,

What I?d like know is, why aren?t the developers, who continue to get generous tax abatements, required because of those abatements, to repave the roads (i.e. Grand) they are digging up to run new lines for their properties. Why should it come out of our budget?

Posted on: 2008/6/26 22:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Steven Fulop wrote:
Many of these streets were added based on constituent/community group feedback to our office. If there is a street that is in need please e-mail Althea or myself in city hall and we will work to have it included in the next phase.

Councilman Fulop,

Really nothing for Newark Avenue??? How can that be?

As I asked on your other thread entitled: "Councilman Steven Fulop - Jersey City Summer 2008 Update"

Don't you recognize how bad Newark Avenue is -- it is in dire need of resurfacing right away. Has the city even applied for grants to do Newark Avenue? How can it not be scheduled to be repaved soon? It is as just bad as CC and just as widely used.

New paving should be based on what streets are most in need not on who you think are the squeakiest wheels / "constituent/community group feedback." I voted for you but you are now making me wonder if that was an error.

When and if Newark Avenue ever does get re-done, it should certainly get paved all the way to the Fire Station on Fourth Street. I really hope we don't get some partial job -- just the few blocks near the Grove Pointe tower/PATH Station!

I can't believe you are doing Brunswick first - is that because of all the new condo conversions over there?

I hope that I am just missing something -- I thought Newark Avenue was getting redone soon as part of a whole Newark Avenue beautification push....

I hope I am wrong about what is happening here...

Posted on: 2008/6/26 21:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
The street paving programs are not the same thing as filling potholes. The streets mentioned will be completely torn up, milled ( I think that's the term) and paved. With that you get a new roadway/street.

And I wasn't talking about patching potholes. Patch falls out of the hole two weeks after crews fill it in. A properly paved street should last several years, but paper thin layer of asphalt doesn't.

Posted on: 2008/6/26 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

scooter wrote:
Fulop-hating aside (I'm not sure I even get ianmac47's point), I'm just glad Chris Columbus is getting paved - every time I come off rt. 78, it's such a telling contrast between the sudden baja 500 pavement and the gleaming waterfront towers in the distance (see brewster-supplied signature below)

I wasn't Fulop hating. I was shit-city-government hating. There are massive potholes so many streets in this city its hard to keep track of what roads not to drive down. Erie St has a hole deep enough we'll be able to watch the Olympics in Beijing by looking through it.

The street paving programs are not the same thing as filling potholes. The streets mentioned will be completely torn up, milled ( I think that's the term) and paved. With that you get a new roadway/street.

Posted on: 2008/6/26 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

scooter wrote:
Fulop-hating aside (I'm not sure I even get ianmac47's point), I'm just glad Chris Columbus is getting paved - every time I come off rt. 78, it's such a telling contrast between the sudden baja 500 pavement and the gleaming waterfront towers in the distance (see brewster-supplied signature below)

I wasn't Fulop hating. I was shit-city-government hating. There are massive potholes so many streets in this city its hard to keep track of what roads not to drive down. Erie St has a hole deep enough we'll be able to watch the Olympics in Beijing by looking through it.

Posted on: 2008/6/26 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/27 15:08
Group:
Banned
Quote:

scooter wrote:

Is there a final word on exactly how much of Christopher Columbus is getting repaved? Because if they only go from the waterfront to Brunswick, that's gonna suck.

Posted on: 2008/6/26 20:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
The streets are falling apart because the no-bid contractor who shovels asphalt when they are paved puts down the thinnest possible layer to ensure maximum profits.

Posted on: 2008/6/26 20:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/25 20:46
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/6/26 20:52
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/27 15:08
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

StevenFulop wrote:
The following is the 2008 street paving schedule for Ward "E"

1) Warren Street from Essex to Dudley
2) Grand Street from Grove to Jersey
3) Colgate from First to Third
4) 6th Street from Manilla to Erie
5) Manilla from City Line to Boyle Plaza
6) 6th Street from Jersey to Brunswick
7) Brunswick from Newark to CC

(In addition CC will be paved as part of a state grant. We are aware of the dire condition of CC and the need)

Many of these streets were added based on constituent/community group feedback to our office. If there is a street that is in need please e-mail Althea or myself in city hall and we will work to have it included in the next phase.

I hope this is helpful information.

Sincerely,
Steven Fulop

What about the other streets with crater sized pot holes? You know, every other street in Jersey City? I know it seems like a lot to ask to keep the streets from crumbling, but seriously, WTF.

When rampant, ugly, bargain-basement-quality-with-luxury-pricetag development is what gets you off, it's a little silly to whine about a logical byproduct of such clueless city planning: constantly dug up and patched up streets.

Short of the above-bolded request, exactly what do you propose?

Note to Councilman Fulop: your Filipino constituents would probably be psyched if you spelled Manila correctly.

Posted on: 2008/6/26 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

StevenFulop wrote:

(In addition CC will be paved as part of a state grant. We are aware of the dire condition of CC and the need)

Sincerely,
Steven Fulop

What about the other streets with crater sized pot holes? You know, every other street in Jersey City? I know it seems like a lot to ask to keep the streets from crumbling, but seriously, WTF.

Posted on: 2008/6/26 20:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/20 2:38
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

StevenFulop wrote:

Sincerely,
Steven Fulop

Steven,

I will email you as well but wanted to request that the stretch of Grand between Grove and Marin be paved as part of the next round. While the stretch between Grove and Jersey is in much worse shape and in even more dire need of repair, that stretch is not in good shape either (with a very uneven surface and a number of potholes) and could really use some resurfacing.

Posted on: 2008/6/26 20:16

2008 Street paving - Councilman Steven Fulop
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/27 19:46
Group:
Registered Users

Sincerely,
Steven Fulop

Posted on: 2008/6/26 19:28

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!